might be a dumb question about air bubbles...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would have to seal any possible existing leaks with some sort of sealent and then create a new hole.

Not saying it's impossible, but why?

Closest I came to it was patching a leak on some beat Air Max Penny's with Shoe Goo, bad idea as I filled the unit up with the sealant & when ithardened made the shoe weigh like a brick LOL

To the OP: IMO this can't be done based on the fact that there is Air Pressure (PSI) set at a certain level in air sole units & to try to refill itwith normal oxygen, nitrogen, what have you will leak out & besides it's not like a tire in that you can reinflate.

The plastic bubble is hard & trying to seal that is difficult & any sealant (crazy glue, adhesive, etc.) will wear off eventually.

Nike makes perishable goods pretty much like every other manufacturer with a set lifespan; even though it can take over 1000 years for a shoe to breakdowncompletely in a landfill
frown.gif

Take the L on this if it is a cherished shoe with a leak BUT if there are any ingenious guys out there that have "refilled" the air units on theirshoes & can WEAR them I want to see pics please...

NIKE Air is a mixture of several gases. The gas molecules are larger than the airbag molecules to prevent leakage. So no - unless you have canisters of NIKEAir and the industrial equipment to fill and seal an airbag - you can't refill an airbag on your own.

i think its totally possible, as far as gasses does it matter? will oxygen or regular air make it feel any worse or better? regular air filled will have noeffect imo, as far as how to fill it back up maybe you can use a bike pump and a needle. if you heat up the needle of the bike pump so it easily punctures theplastic and pump it up to pressure and as your taking the needle out you place some hot glue from a hot glue gun around the needle it should mold around thebubble. this is only a hypothesis and has never been tried by me but seems like with practice it could possibly work. anything can be done with a little smartsand thinking outside the box imo

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
To clarify, the mixture of gases in NIKE Air were chosen specifically because they are larger and denser than molecules of normal air. Normal air moleculeswill escape through the microscopic pores in the surface of an airbag.

No its not possible, you will need Nike machines to produce em.
Even Nike needs special machinery and proper procedures to putting the Air in them.

Your guy is probably just going to pump some regular air into the pocket and seal it off buddy.

If it is impossible to re-pressurize Air Max, then why don't they sell replaceable Air Max units, or design a shoe that "reloads" its cushioning?Like if it pops or whatever, just buy it for like $6-10 bucks and replace it.

They'd have to come up with a sturdier casing, but if they made removable pods for the Air Jordan 22, then it can be done. The shoe would probably be atank to be worth investing in new Air bags though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom