Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Movie (Reboot Announced)

I liked the character development too, but man it took them forever to morph. They couldn't st least had a fun at it in the middle fighting the putties and then the final draw.

I was in the minority among my friends when I said this movie looks like trash.
A lot of them say the movie is dope.
Just glad the Regal Theatre by me is only $4.25 tickets before 4pm.

Only thing I didn't care for was the way they forced the 5 together, Zack and Trini kinda came outta nowhere. Other than that I loved it.

Elizabeth Banks was DOPE

Billy and Kimberly carried this movie, and that was probably one of the reasons it went over so well. Didnt need a Red Ranger celebration fest.

I loved it. I think rewatching the first episode of the series set my expectations perfectly.

I loved each of the Ranger's personalities and how they eventually molded into a team. As everyone else mentioned Billy stole the show.
Trini and Kim were both :pimp:. I liked how Zack just dgaf :lol:. Jason rounded out to be a believable leader.

I get that the whole needing each other to morph together for the first time but they need to fix that for the sequels.

Goldar didn't bother me at all. After the trailers he was a major concern. It was done pretty well.

The only part I didn't really like about the zord fight was the whole pushed into the pit and rise up as the megazord. It would have been cool to see them form.

After watching the first episode of the series I'm ok with it. They allowed them to know how to drive and form the megazord based on "oh wow I seem to know what to do because I'm a ranger now."

Overall I would have liked to see more action but the team building in the movie was A-1 to me. Bring on the Green one......si si ayah!!!

I loved it. I think rewatching the first episode of the series set my expectations perfectly.

I loved each of the Ranger's personalities and how they eventually molded into a team. As everyone else mentioned Billy stole the show.
Trini and Kim were both :pimp:. I liked how Zack just dgaf :lol:. Jason rounded out to be a believable leader.

I get that the whole needing each other to morph together for the first time but they need to fix that for the sequels.

Goldar didn't bother me at all. After the trailers he was a major concern. It was done pretty well.

The only part I didn't really like about the zord fight was the whole pushed into the pit and rise up as the megazord. It would have been cool to see them form.

After watching the first episode of the series I'm ok with it. They allowed them to know how to drive and form the megazord based on "oh wow I seem to know what to do because I'm a ranger now."

Overall I would have liked to see more action but the team building in the movie was A-1 to me. Bring on the Green one......si si ayah!!!

What series?

Everyone was completely fine. The only complaint, as far as the characters go, was that Zach and Trini were marginalized in favor of Kimberly, Jason and Billy. Next time, I want equal amounts of everyone.

Or... If they can't do that...then take turns shining a spotlight on a character.

They're doing 6 movies. So they can take turns shining a spotlight on each character, like an episode.

This movie, the spotlight was clearly on Billy.

Maybe next movie it's on Tommy.

Next one is on Trini...or someone else.

Etc. Etc.

They have enough movies planned to do that :nerd:

*edit

Wait. What if that's why they have exactly 6 movies planned ?

View media item 2379096

Last edited:
The only thing that was bad was how besides the T-Rex and Pterodactyl, none of the other Zords really stood out and looked like Dinosaurs.

Seen this last night. Thought it was very good, loved the character building, and coming together as a team to morph. Jus gonna have to fix that in the sequel.

Kim and Trini tho :pimp:

Billy stole the show for me, great way to introduce his character

Thought everything was fine jus wish they would of shown the Rangers more but that's what sequels are for.

Only things I didn't like...

I didn't like how they force the OG Power Rangers song as the Zords were heading to Angel Grove, jus seemed forced.

Wish they added more depth to Rita tho! Elizabeth Banks was phenomenal as Rita!

That's about it honestly. Bring on the Green Ranger!

I think the next movie they should go the Avengers route. Give everyone a shot at doin something, make the 5 the main characters not jus Jason n Kim if they are goin that route next movie.

Jus my opinion

Last edited:
Another huge shout out to NT's Jiffyl00b. Thank you so much for the updates. I was firmly in the Lamekilla camp when the movie details were announced. The movie sounded like complete garbage but your information gave me what I needed to give this movie a shot and I'm very glad. MMPR was a huge part of my life growing up and Saban has screwed over the fans and actors so many times that I expected this movie to disappoint but it was pretty good. Thank you again.

line3-24-8.jpg

Some fan art I just came across.

Isn't Godzilla supposed to be a lot bigger than Megazord?

movie was dope... keep an open mind, and embrace the franchise for what it did to a generation as a 90s kid. I was in 2nd grade when the OG came out so I was excited from the beginning when new info and script had some og elements but a new take because it is indeed 2017. It had the right amount of cheesy for nostalgic value.

anyways I know it's sort of early but I hope they improve what looks like a final draft for the green ranger? they need to put that green shield or at the very least color the chest plate gold.

View media item 2381030

View media item 2380943
Heading out to catch PR this afternoon

you styling and profiling like a true hypebeast...i mean NTer :lol:

jk im just jelly i dnt have prestos or kith MMPR colab :smh:

Everyone was completely fine. The only complaint, as far as the characters go, was that Zach and Trini were marginalized in favor of Kimberly, Jason and Billy. Next time, I want equal amounts of everyone.

Or... If they can't do that...then take turns shining a spotlight on a character.

i thought of it as trini and zack being the rebels/not needing that much development because they're the wildcards that can lash out at any moment.

Why didn't you guys like Zack?

Probably too over-the-top and corny.

I thought his speech about his mom during the campfire scene was great though.

Definitely over the top, trying too hard to be cool, and corny. Then again, I thought the same for Billy at times as well. He wasn't over the top, but he was definitely corny to me

They must be planning to drop these often. Crew not gon hold up like 90210. Dudes gonna be 30 acting like kids.

The other thing was the fighting. Since they all werent trained fighters like the og team in the dojo, i expected wayyyyyy more instinctual fighting like kicks and pulls and scratches from the girls. When a person cant fight and theyre thrust into fighting situations...that **** wild af bruh :lol:. They fought composed as hell.

Back
Top Bottom