Mike Tyson Responding To His Kids Wanting To Be Boxers

i don't know much about boxing but
eek.gif

a mans man right there

Last edited:
Well... I mean... It's probably true.

If your kids grow up more privileged than you did and never showed interest in the hard work you put in to get to where you were in life, it's hard to really say they'd have the same drive as you did.

These kids now adays have become so ****** in the mind. Everyone with a smart phone and Instagram is a celebrity. The majority of them haven't done a hard days work in their lives by the time they hit 18. My kids won't be like that. If my son ever said he wanted to box, it'd be believable.
Every time I hear things like this, I laugh.Not because it isn't true, but because I'm not apart of this group. As the members of the confessions thread say;"I do so much for such a young age." I work hard for my things. Now I am boxing, and I have been told over and over that if I were like the rest I would have probably quit by now. Seeing the others did.
he said oldest son.

and I think his point was, theres no need for them to fight, since they already have it all. Why put your body on the line, when you dont need to
I box purely for the love of fighting. 

. Now I am boxing, and I have been told over and over that if I were like the rest I would have probably quit by now. Seeing the others did.
Your favorite fighters?

How long ya been sparring?
Iron Man. 
laugh.gif

Joking.

I've been fighting for two or three months now. Everyday training, all day.

I honestly don't follow many fighters. I watch matches and observe, but picking favorites? I couldn't.

Iron Man
laugh.gif

Joking.

I honestly don't follow many fighters. I watch matches and observe, but picking favorites? I couldn't.
mean.gif
laugh.gif

Prime Frazier

Prime Duran beating on Prime Leonard

All three ATG fighters, what type of style do you use?

A Swarmer?  Boxer Puncher? Or do ya slug and hope to land a powerful blow?

I'm a swarmer by nature. 

My trainer made me spar with him for a few days before teaching me anything to make sure he wasn't "wasting his time." I just went in, attacked, backed up, and repeated. It got better as I learned, but the swarming style stuck with me. 

I'm skinny, and fast, so that is why I don't throw haymakers all day.

I'm a swarmer by nature. 

My trainer made me spar with him for a few days before teaching me anything to make sure he wasn't "wasting his time." I just went in, attacked, backed up, and repeated. It got better as I learned, but the swarming style stuck with me. 

Watch Frazier, Chavez, Duran, Salvador Sanchez, and some Henry Armstrong (The upper tier of swarming in boxing, Henry being the GOAT at it).

You trying to turn pro? Whats your amatuer record look like?

Are ya a WW, MW, or LHW? What's your height and reach?

Last edited:
"they melt....when I was a young kid an I saw guys like that..you wait till I come around...you wait till I get my chance..."

da god droppin jewels and yall aint even listenin

Tyson was a mid range fighter, he closed the distance well but usually the only thing he did inside was rest and get pushed around (Holyfield fights stand out in this regard).

I'm a swarmer by nature. 

Watch Frazier, Chavez, Duran, Salvador Sanchez, and some Henry Armstrong (The upper tier of swarming in boxing, Henry being the GOAT at it).

You trying to turn pro? Whats your amatuer record look like?

Are ya a WW, MW, or LHW? What's your height and reach?
Will do, thanks for the advice. 

My trainer, who also happens to be one of my best friends, has told me that if I keep my training up I could start taking up matches by November. So my record at the moment is non-existent. Just a lot of training. 

I fall into the SWW class, since I am just now gaining weight from my previous malnourished state. I am only a few pounds away from LHW. 

I'm 6'0", but I have yet to measure my reach. 

Not everyone has the capability of becoming a successful boxer. You need the correct physicality, mentality, and drive. Tyson's son has grown up without financial obstacles, as a result of that he lacks the motivation to push himself to the highest levels. 

And when the kid is successful in life no thanks to you, way to motivate.

"Dad pretty much measured my intelligence and skills at 5 yrs old and said all I'll probably be is a manager at McDonalds so don't aim any higher than that".
It's unfair to give an assessment of a child at such an early point in their development. Putting aside outliers, it's a lot more accurate to give a prediction of a 14 year old chances of success, given their aptitudes and upbringing.

Is it just me or does homie kind of look like a white Mike Tyson, minus the hair
Oh ****.
eek.gif
laugh.gif

I truly took Mike's words to heart...that's a solid perspective, realistic evaluation of your kid's attributes.. I plan to apply it to my own fathering...he's only 1 now so the assessment can't take place for quite some time, but I totally agree with letting your child know they're not cut out for something once you have enough observational information to evaluate their aptitude in a given pursuit.

It's both a sign that you've been paying attention to your own child and some of the best help someone could ever receive, given that people generally do better in things they are actually good at/are built for.

Thanks for the parenting lesson, Mike.

. Now I am boxing, and I have been told over and over that if I were like the rest I would have probably quit by now. Seeing the others did.
Your favorite fighters?

How long ya been sparring?

Iron Man. 
laugh.gif

Joking.

An advice from a one fighter to newly fighter.

Don't outwork yourself fam... Just because you love it now, don't go sparring and training every day, keep it mutual but consistent.

Trust, i've been fighting for over 15 years in a lot of different types of martial arts.

Winning gold medals, trophies, olympics, internationals... it was fun. But I hate it now, I grew against from what I was raised to be.

I wish I did it on my own terms, I lost the passion, it became a job. I didn't like it.

But goodluck to you bro! It truly is an art to learn.

An advice from a one fighter to newly fighter.

Don't outwork yourself fam... Just because you love it now, don't go sparring and training every day, keep it mutual but consistent.

Trust, i've been fighting for over 15 years in a lot of different types of martial arts.

Winning gold medals, trophies, olympics, internationals... it was fun. But I hate it now, I grew against from what I was raised to be.

I wish I did it on my own terms, I lost the passion, it became a job. I didn't like it.

But goodluck to you bro! It truly is an art to learn.
Oscar De La Hoya?
nerd.gif

What were you best at?

Sike, I wish.

My main success were during my Tae Kwon Do days. I competed ROUGH for about 8 years, until I switched to Muay Thai a few years ago.

I use to box heavy during teenage years, but now not so much.

I stop by HIT Factory in Vegas every now and then for cardio and hand speed combinations since Muay Thai didn't really focus on those type of aspects. A few known fighters go there (Nonito Donaire, Zab Judah)

I also do Krav Maga... but only because the Police Force provides training.

Last edited:
Sike, I wish.

My main success were during my Tae Kwon Do days. I competed ROUGH for about 8 years, until I switched to Muay Thai a few years ago.

I stop by HIT Factory in Vegas every now and then for cardio and hand speed combinations since Muay Thai didn't really focus on those type of aspects. A few known fighters go there (Nonito Donaire, Zab Judah)

I know a girl trying to teach this to me. 
nerd.gif

Your advice has been taken, but I love training. That's why I do it so much. Not because I have to, but because I want to. 

Sike, I wish.

I know a girl trying to teach this to me. 
nerd.gif

Your advice has been taken, but I love training. That's why I do it so much. Not because I have to, but because I want to. 

Krav Maga is great! Especially if you're in Police Force. There are so many females at the gym, it teaches you how to get out from real life situations.

Effective techniques for you to get out and into a safe place.

Back
Top Bottom