Mike Tyson Responding To His Kids Wanting To Be Boxers

"They don't got the the heart."

Last edited:
Well... I mean... It's probably true.

If your kids grow up more privileged than you did and never showed interest in the hard work you put in to get to where you were in life, it's hard to really say they'd have the same drive as you did.

These kids now adays have become so ****** in the mind. Everyone with a smart phone and Instagram is a celebrity. The majority of them haven't done a hard days work in their lives by the time they hit 18. My kids won't be like that. If my son ever said he wanted to box, it'd be believable.

he said oldest son.

and I think his point was, theres no need for them to fight, since they already have it all. Why put your body on the line, when you dont need to

Last edited:
at least he's honest.

too many parents these pump up their kids heads by saying they can be and do whatever they want. saying their special when they aren't. kids getting trophys for just participating and ****, not winning.

at least he's honest.

too many parents these pump up their kids heads by saying they can be and do whatever they want. saying their special when they aren't. kids getting trophys for just participating and ****, not winning.

that has nothing to do with what mike was saying

that has nothing to do with what mike was saying
Actually it does.

He is saying that what Mike is doing (being honest) should be mimicked by other parents. Instead of parents telling their kids they can do any and everything under the sun.

So it did relate

Of course they don't. I've always figured that in. The hardest rappers kid couldn't make anywhere near the impacting powerful music their parents have especially since a lot of that deals with where they grew up and how they grew up. It's pretty impossible unless the parents make a twisted effort to raise their kids in similar or worse conditions which doesn't make sense since most of them strive to make sure their children have a better life than them.

None of Mike's kids could step in the ring with the ferocity he did no matter what you think of the man as a person or what you assume the type of father he is.

Last edited:
Actually it does.

He is saying that what Mike is doing (being honest) should be mimicked by other parents. Instead of parents telling their kids they can do any and everything under the sun.

So it did relate

But in the vid, Mike pretty much said they CAN be anything, just not a boxer specifically.

Actually it does.

So it did relate

But in the vid, Mike pretty much said they CAN be anything, just not a boxer specifically.
I'm pretty sure he has some personally feelings involved as well. Most boxers do. Hard to call it a career when one fight can do you in and leave you with permanent brain damage 15 years later.

If your kids grow up more privileged than you did and never showed interest in the hard work you put in to get to where you were in life, it's hard to really say they'd have the same drive as you did.

These kids now adays have become so ****** in the mind.
While I agree with your first point; I think your second point is an ignorant generalization. The older generation is always putting down the youth and though we are living in different times, there are parents out there raising their children correctly.

Back
Top Bottom