Mike Tyson's daughter passes away following accident

PHOENIX -- Boxer Mike Tyson's 4-year-old daughter is on life support after she was found with her neck on a treadmill cable Monday, police said.

The girl's 7-year-old brother found her on a treadmill with her neck on a cable attached to the exercise machine at their Phoenix home, police Sgt. Andy Hill said, calling it a "tragic accident."

The boy told the girl's mother, who was in another room. She took the girl off the cable, called 911 and tried to revive her.

Responding officers and firefighters performed CPR on the girl as they rushed her to a nearby hospital, where she was in "extremely critical condition" and on life support, Hill said.

"Somehow she was playing on this treadmill, and there's a cord that hangs under the console -- it's kind of a loop," Hill said. "Either she slipped or put her head in the loop, but it acted like a noose, and she was obviously unable to get herself off of it."

Hill said former heavyweight champion Tyson had been in Las Vegas but flew to Phoenix immediately after learning of the accident. Police didn't release the girl's name.

Tyson could not immediately be reached for comment. Calls to three of his representatives were either not returned or not answered.

Brief footage from local TV station KTVK showed Tyson arriving at the hospital in a white button-up and black pants, and looking around with a frown before going inside.

Hill said everything in the investigation pointed to an accident. "There's nothing in the investigation that revealed anything suspicious," he said.

He added that responding to calls involving children is an officer's most difficult duty.

"Those are the things that stay with you in your career," he said. "We always hope for a miracle -- not to have the worst happen to a child."

Prayers Goes out.
tired.gif

Oh man, I hope she pulls through.

Too young.

Stories like this bug me. Parents gotta keep their eye on the kids.
tired.gif

How the SEVEN yr old finds the FOUR yr old?

Originally Posted by CasperJr

take your eye off a kid and bad things happen

I know...as a parent you try to do everything you can to keep your home safe.

This one is sad...hopefully she pulls through.

Originally Posted by CasperJr

take your eye off a kid and bad things happen
thankfully i have never experienced anything remotely similar and i understand. but things like this happen in an instant. i dont even know whatto say...i hope all turns out well.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

get well baby girl
smh.gif

but i dont understand what cable is on a treadmill that she got caught in
Some treadmills have what is (ironically, in this case) supposed to be a safety device that will turn the treadmill off if the runner should fallwhile the strap is attached to the wrist. The strap is supposed to detach fairly easily, but I guess it's different when it's a small child fallingfalling a much shorter distance at a different angle.

That made my skin crawl while reading about it. Only 4 years old...hopefully she'll pull through.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

get well baby girl
smh.gif

but i dont understand what cable is on a treadmill that she got caught in

someone a few posts up got it good. I've seen many that resemble a credit card that hang on almost a shoestring tether. Not a good look when I think aboutit myself
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom