Military POLL OBAMA vs. MCCAIN

I was listening to talk radio this morning and heard interesting facts about a poll that was taken from military members. 80% of military voters are forMccain and 20% Obama while 80% of black voters are for Obama and 20% are for Mccain. The dude on the radio said is this simply because of the color of hisskin? I think so in a way what do y'all think?

Military guys are historically republican

A family friend voted for bush the first time around because he claimed he would give more benefits to those serving or what not

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

A family friend voted for bush the first time around because he claimed he would give more benefits to those serving or what not

Bush gave military members a raise every January he was in office so it was nice even though some get stuck 6 months or more in a deployed location. The moneyyou bank off of the whole situation is good

most black people are democrats anyway.

the republican party hasn't really been a friend to blacks.

Too bad so many of them are uninformed. McCain's record for supporting troops and veterans is horrible.

Originally Posted by 718stylez

More folks need to realize that.

If Obama was republican and had similar views to Mccain, I would not vote for him.

Originally Posted by SFN 155

Too bad so many of them are uninformed. McCain's record for supporting troops and veterans is horrible.

really? Obama wants to cut troop funding though how is that any better

Originally Posted by smoke ya later

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Bush gave military members a raise every January he was in office so it was nice even though some get stuck 6 months or more in a deployed location. The money you bank off of the whole situation is good

and that's why he voted for W. the second time around. He said while he hates the guy, $$ talks. He said if he could run for a third term, he would votefor him again
laugh.gif
smh.gif

what WAR are we in besides the war on terror? yes we are occupying Iraq and Afghanistan but how much do you really know about the US mili? just curious

Some of McCain's voting record for the troops....

In 2005, Obama voted for and McCain voted against providing $360.8 million for armored tactical wheeled vehicles for units deployed in Iraq and Afghanistan and $5 million to establish ballistics engineering research centers at two major research institutions. The measure against which McCain voted also required such centers to advance knowledge and application of ballistics materials and procedures to improve the safety of land-based military vehicles. HR 2863, Vote 248, 10/5/05, Passed 56-43: R 13-42 D 42-1 I 1-0

McCain voted twice against repealing the capital gains tax cut and applying the savings to replace equipment used by the Army and Marines in Iraq and Afghanistan, "A week later, prior to the issuance of a conference report regarding that measure, Obama voted for and McCain voted against a measure to "insist that conference report include funding to strengthen America's military, as contained in Senate-passed amendment, instead of any extension of tax cuts for capital gains and dividends (which do not expire until 2009), as contained in House-passed bill." [HR 4297, Vote 8, 2/2/06, Passed 44-53: R 1-52 D 42-1 I 1-0; HR 4297, Vote 18, 2/14/06, Failed 45-55: R 1-54 D 43-1 I 1-0"

McCain voted against providing an additional $322 million for troop equipment and body armor. [S 1689, Vote 376, 10/2/03, Passed 49-37: R 46-0 D 2-37 I 1-0; National Journal's CongressDaily, 10/3/03]. He also voted against $1 billion in new equipment for the National Guard. . [S 762, Vote 116, 4/2/03, Passed 52-47: R 51-0 D 1-46 I 0-1]

McCain also has numerous votes against increased funding for veterans' health care. [HR 4297, Vote 7, Failed 44-53: R 1-52; D 42-1 (ND 38-1, SD 4-0); I 1-0; 2/2/06 HR 4939, Vote 98, 4/26/06, Passed 84-13, D 41-0; R 42-13; I 1-0; The Independent Budget, A Budget for Veterans by Veterans, 2/10/06; Newsweek, 1/19/06] McCain did vote for tripling veterans' health care fees, while he opposed increased funding for veterans' health care.

Some of McCain's voting record for the troops....

McCain voted twice against repealing the capital gains tax cut and applying the savings to replace equipment used by the Army and Marines in Iraq and Afghanistan, "A week later, prior to the issuance of a conference report regarding that measure, Obama voted for and McCain voted against a measure to "insist that conference report include funding to strengthen America's military, as contained in Senate-passed amendment, instead of any extension of tax cuts for capital gains and dividends (which do not expire until 2009), as contained in House-passed bill." [HR 4297, Vote 8, 2/2/06, Passed 44-53: R 1-52 D 42-1 I 1-0; HR 4297, Vote 18, 2/14/06, Failed 45-55: R 1-54 D 43-1 I 1-
alien.gif
"

McCain voted against providing an additional $322 million for troop equipment and body armor. [S 1689, Vote 376, 10/2/03, Passed 49-37: R 46-0 D 2-37 I 1-0; National Journal's CongressDaily, 10/3/03]. He also voted against $1 billion in new equipment for the National Guard. . [S 762, Vote 116, 4/2/03, Passed 52-47: R 51-0 D 1-46 I 0-1]

McCain also has numerous votes against increased funding for veterans' health care. [HR 4297, Vote 7, Failed 44-53: R 1-52; D 42-1 (ND 38-1, SD 4-0); I 1-0; 2/2/06 HR 4939, Vote 98, 4/26/06, Passed 84-13, D 41-0; R 42-13; I 1-0; The Independent Budget, A Budget for Veterans by Veterans, 2/10/06; Newsweek, 1/19/06] McCain did vote for tripling veterans' health care fees, while he opposed increased funding for veterans' health care.

this one is interesting because I've seen plenty of equipment not being used just sitting in a hangar, including armor so maybe his point is we have enoughalready? And besides the troops that are being killed, it's not like they aren't wearing armor and need more equipment.

There are quite a few videos on that page, so I'm not sure which one you're referring to. When I linked it, I was mostly referring to the text on thepage.

I know most troops are republican and support McCain, but every non-partisan group I've seen has said that Obama has a better voting record for troops andvets like yourself.

There are quite a few videos on that page, so I'm not sure which one you're referring to. When I linked it, I was mostly referring to the text on the page.

I know most troops are republican and support McCain, but every non-partisan group I've seen has said that Obama has a better voting record for troops and vets like yourself.
since I joined the military and got out I have really been questioning why military members support politicians at all. Top officials likegenerals don't even vote

Originally Posted by thagreatj

Originally Posted by 718stylez

More folks need to realize that.

If Obama was republican and had similar views to Mccain, I would not vote for him.

Not me, dude. Real recognize real, if Colin Powell was running under the Rep ticket & a white dude under the Dem ticket, I'd probably vote forPowell. I think black people would ponder the thought of voting for a Black Republican & will possibly pull the lever on it. But you can rest assure,there would be a significant jump in black people voting Republican if that happened. As crazy as it sounds, I look @ it as those extremists who cast theirvote in the local/state level for the party affiliation regardless of their views or anything else.

Now if we're talkin' Alan Keys, Armstrong Williams, or that one bozo that walked off the set during the CNN interview. . . NOT EVEN!!!! There's noway in hell I'd vote for those Black Republicans.

The new G.I. bill that passed Gives me 80K For school Admission

Obama voted for it

Mccain AGAINST it

you wanna guess who im voting for ?

Democrats are known to downsize the military and cut military funding/budgets. Happened under Clinton. And yeah, the active duty military folks always seem tovote for Republicans. Has nothing to do with color. I remember when Kerry ran against Bush. If anyone dared to say they were voting for Kerry, they would getstomped. Anyway, just the way it was. I was in the Marine Corps by the way.

Originally Posted by smoke ya later

really? Obama wants to cut troop funding though how is that any better

So did McCain!

http://www.senate.gov/leg...;session=1&vote=00126

http://
U.S. Senate Roll Call Votes 110[sup]th[/sup] Congress - 1[sup]st[/sup] Session
as compiled through Senate LIS by the Senate Bill Clerk under the direction of the Secretary of the Senate
http://Vote Summary [table][tr][td]Question: On Passage of the Bill (H.R. 1591, As Amended )[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Vote Number:[/td] [td]126[/td] [td]Vote Date:[/td] [td]March 29, 2007, 10:36 AM[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Required For Majority:[/td] [td]1/2[/td] [td]Vote Result:[/td] [td]Bill Passed[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Measure Number:[/td] [td]H.R. 1591[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Measure Title:[/td] [td]A bill making emergency supplemental appropriations for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2007, and for other purposes.[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Vote Counts:[/td] [td]YEAs[/td] [td]51[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]NAYs[/td] [td]47[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]Not Voting[/td] [td]2[/td] [/tr][/table]

McCain (R-AZ), Nay

And OP most service member's absentee ballots are never counted. See this news report...

http://www.dailynews.com/news/ci_10699200

The number of absentee military ballots applied for that ultimately get counted is consistently low. In the last federal election, only about 30 percent of overseas military ballots were tallied, according to data from the federal Election Assistance Commission, which monitors election problems, and the Pew Center on the States

Back
Top Bottom