Millennial Money Thread: How to Make it in America on Certain Salaries

*edit*

Changing up the thread a bit...there's a grip of these vids on youtube and they're interesting watches. Gives folks a glimpse of how people make it in their respective cities on various salaries and how they allocate their funds.

Came across this vid a short while ago...dude got a good head on his shoulders and seems like he works very hard. He's obviously no dummy LOL

Last edited:
Off title alone that isn't hard to do.

After watching some of the vid, fam lives in BK and while still expensive that ain't the same thing and is significantly easier.

Off title alone that isn't hard to do.

After watching some of thw vid, fam lives in BK and while still expensive that ain't the same thing and iw significantly easier.

I'm also wondering if the 15 hours he works per day also includes the side hustles as well?

His breakdown seems off. $1600/month in housing seems cheap. And less than $100 in transportation. Something's not adding up.

I'm hearing a lot about using CC POINTS and offers and such to pay for everyday items, earn the rewards, and ditch the cards. Next level hustlers here. Dude has 5 reward CCs at any given time. Mixing work expenses with leisure is usually frowned upon. He shouldn't be earning points from work expenses though. The company should be. Unless im reading it wrong.

assuming he's not lying about his salary, $172k after working only 2-3 years means he's the top 1% performer in his firm too.

His breakdown seems off. $1600/month in housing seems cheap. And less than $100 in transportation. Something's not adding up.

I'm hearing a lot about using CC POINTS and offers and such to pay for everyday items, earn the rewards, and ditch the cards. Next level hustlers here. Dude has 5 reward CCs at any given time. Mixing work expenses with leisure is usually frowned upon. He shouldn't be earning points from work expenses though. The company should be. Unless im reading it wrong.

Yea...and that's the thing. He's probably using his own CCs for work related expenses, but turning in his receipts for refunds.

CC churning is legit and easy IF you're responsible and don't spend more than you would without the line of credit.

Why would the company earn points on spent on his work expenses unless it was a company CC?

Most people who rack up insane airline miles and travel points do it traveling for work.

Yea...and that's the thing. He's probably using his own CCs for work related expenses, but turning in his receipts for refunds.

This is usually the norm in my experience. Seems like the only other option would be a authorized user on a company card. I'd think that's far less common.

This guy looks like he's soulfully bankrupt. We're not meant to work for 15 hours a day, and certainly not in finance figuring out how to make people richer. You guys have tunnel vision when it comes to salaries and cost of living. You can't cultivate yourself when you live to make money. There's more to life than living in a hip neighborhood and having a pile of loafers in your closet.

he charges the companies expenses to his card and the company reimburses him

my girl is high up at her company and pays for everything with her card, company pays he for all expenses charged. So collects TONs of points for flight and hotels on her travel cards. low key wanna give her one of my cash back cards to use :lol:

His typical annual budget is about 45% of his salary wow.

Good for him, he's just sharing his story and wasn't a douche about it. There's dudes who work 10 hours a day "hustling", but only make a third of what he does, and act like they should earn a medal for all their hard work.

If he takes public transportation to work the $100 a month is about what it costs.

he's a management consultant, so most of the time, he's traveling to client's site for work, which his company takes care of the expense.

Ditto on the CC rewards stuff. I travel for work often and just slap the expenses on my card and get reimbursed later.

I have co workers who were former McKinsey, Bain, BCG and I don't think i could last in that traveling lifestyle. I travel maybe once or twice a month and im fed up lol

this dude right here is doin it.
He about to be set by 30.

His plan is amazing. He's RIDICULOUSLY smart about how he's going about his finances. Not having a mortgage/car payment, and bringing in what he does per year (through side-hustles and investments) makes it easy to see how he's going to be a millionaire by 30.

15 hours a day is :sick: id gladly take a pay cut for 10 hours a day

and the other dude making 230k is a millionaire living way below his means :lol: dude is set for life

Last edited:
Good tips on the reimbursement angle. I always assumed jobs would want the rewards for themselves.

Looking up the other dudes job. He’s Top 0.01% for his line of work. Does he own the power company? These examples aren’t realistic. They don’t necessarily say how they got their job either. It’s all click bait.

Back
Top Bottom