Minor changes to the look of the board: your sig's, the left frame in threads, featured topics

Originally Posted by KeVeNMaYnE

first post in over a month (1st time seeing this new stuff)

indifferent.gif

grin.gif
i CANT stand this new yuku move smh (i dont even see a smh emotion
indifferent.gif
)

Everything looks like ISS with the huge avys and wierd boxes
sick.gif
, i miss the classic feel
ohwell.gif

: +{ =
smh.gif

Are you asking whether or not we're continuing to approve new members only during the first week of each month? That's still in effect.

holdenmichael... here is a message from a person from Yuku's Help Ticket regarding avys.

[h3]Yuku Help Ticket said:[/h3]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sara

m_staff.gif
[/font] [table][tr][td]
topic.gif
[/td] [td]Posted on 26 Nov 2007 07:13 AM[/td] [/tr][/table]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thank you for the examples, and I do understand what you're saying, but dimension (size in px or inches) really doesn't have to be a factor in image weight (size in KB or MB). You can have an image that will fill your entire screen but be only 10 kb. You can have a 20X20 px image that's 500 kb. It's much more about the way the image is structured and formatted than about its dimension. So, there is really no reason why you can't still have an avatar under the 150 kb size limit. That is a very generous weight, even for a 100 X 100 image. And, since transparency adds almost nothing to an images size, I don't think the transparent field around the 60 X 60 Yuku avatar is the reason for the increase in size after the image is uploaded.

There is a script in the Community Scripts library, called "Image Tamer", that the niketalk admin may be able to adapt for use in restricting the dimension of avatars, if he wants to do that.

CSS and HTML are not my strong point, so I'm going to refer you to the Yuku Skins and CSS help board:

http://skins.yuku.com/

Feel free to post there. They will be able to tell you far more about your options in designing avatars and keeping them within the weight limit than I can. They may be able to explain why an image's weight may change when it's uploaded or downloaded. The niketalk admin can also go there to get help with dealing with this issue from the board management end, if he wishes to do so, including adapting the Image Tamer script if such an adaptation is possible.

If we can help you with anything else, please let us know.

Sara
Helpdesk representative
[/font]
So with this "image tamer" you're able to restrict the dimensions of avys, right? Still thinking about making 100x100 and 60x60 avysavailable to those who want it? I still want avys to contain animated .gifs like we used to. Where we were able to capture a whole basketball play... not someclip of a guy already midway in the air, dunking it, and then the avy ends before he hits the floor. Who wants that? You don't capture the moment quite aswell. Please let me know. Thanks.

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

I've known about script (http://skins.yuku.com/topic/404?page=1) that may be able to fix the "problem" for a little while now, but I haven't had the time to test it out.
Thanks for working on it holden... I just haven't heard anything on the matter for a while and yeah.But it's reassuring that you're working on it. I really do appreciate it.

"Those that have been here since the beginning, since '99, they were shoeheads. We're shoeheads. I say that... to say this: I can't say"We're just as upset as you that fakes have appeared on our ads." I can't say that, because it's not true. However, THIS is true:we're MORE upset than you that fakes have appeared on NikeTalk."

^^I've been here since '99 as well. After reading the background info you referred me to, I admit I was speaking from a position of ignorance. Unlikeyou, I did not look into anything or do any research research before making the statements I made. I understand now that the mods did a tremendous amount ofresearch before affiliating themselves with a company that would leave them powerless to control the ads for fake shoes on NT. Given NT's well knownaversion to fake kicks, it's obvious to me that the mods could not possibly, under any circumstances, find any other way on God's green Earth to makeNT happen without these offensive ads.

Helluva good job guys. Keep up the good work.

Given NT's well known aversion to fake kicks, it's obvious to me that the mods could not possibly, under any circumstances, find any other way on God's green Earth to make NT happen without these offensive ads.
Spare us the snark. It makes it very difficult to find anything redeeming or valuable about your posts. They seem obnoxious for the sake ofbeing obnoxious, rude for the sake of rude. You don't know what the staff goes through and you're not being reasonable in your expectations and ifyou're unwilling to LISTEN to the staff members, there's no point in even discussing this with you.

1. We block the ads as soon as we can. Sorry, we're not perfect.

2. Go find me an efficient revenue stream we can add TODAY that doesn't rely on some sort of automation. You're making an awful lot of assumptions,and your only excuse is "well, uh, i don't know about advertising, but there has to be SOMETHING better in this big wide world of ours!" That's just plain lazy argument - not to mention unfair.

3. Honestly, we owe the sneaker industry nothing. Let them defend their own copyrights. They should consider whatever work we voluntarily do on that front tobe an absolute blessing - because we are in no way required to do so. Let them take it up with google, let them take it up with the counterfeiters. We'revolunteers, we make nothing on this site and donate all our ad revenue above the cost of hosting to charity. We're not responsible for protectingniketalk's copyrights and yet we spend an awful lot of our time as it is blocking fake ads from our list.

We are working - and working hard - to add those sites to the block list. Google doesn't give us much in the way of help, nor does Nike for their relativelack of vigilance. They could get them blocked globally from Ad Sense if they wanted, one would think. We're doing more than we have to do - and for freeI might add - all to catch flak?
smh.gif

Better to light a candle than curse the darkness. We're already working hard on the problem. If you want to help, you're welcome to send us a list ofcounterfeit sites you come across and we'll have them blocked.

Spare us the snark.

Look, if a mod can go on and on about how I'm ignorant of the realities of the situation, telling me that I haven't "looked intoanything or asked any questions", then he damn well better have done HIS homework on the subject, and it's pretty obvious that your efforts havefallen short on this point. Given your results, you shouldn't be calling out anyone's intelligence or diligence.

You guys have a policy of restricting free speech on the subject of fakes shoes that is positively evangelical. Have you ever banned anyone from NT fordiscussing fakes? But when you end up providing a billboard for the fake shoe industry your response is, "oh well, we did the best we could".

You guys have a policy of restricting free speech on the subject of fakes shoes that is positively evangelical. Have you ever banned anyone from NT for discussing fakes? But when you end up providing a billboard for the fake shoe industry your response is, "oh well, we did the best we could".

And here's where your position absolutely falls apart.

We can't ban someone for discussing fakes until AFTER they've posted. We can't block a counterfeit seller's ads until AFTER the ad appears.

So, if you applied the same standard to users as to ads... you'd no longer be in a huff.

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

Are you asking whether or not we're continuing to approve new members only during the first week of each month? That's still in effect.

yea, I was asking that, I jus tknew of a couple people who said that when they signed up for an NT acct since Yuku, they were approvied immediately. Iwasn't srue.

Honestly, JRose5 and Method Man are the best place to look for an answer as I haven't been helping in months. While I'm sure that there are approvalsbeing done here and there, I believe that the bulk of them are still being handled during the first week of the month. Any approvals or denials at an odd timeafter the migration were the result of the timing of the migration (we were migrated after the first week of November had passed).

to be honest, i have been here for a LONG time and did it surprise me that there were ads for fakes? yes. am i so offended, hurt, and upset by them to evendedicate one simple post to the matter? hell #%%*#@$ NO....

ads are a part of the internet...

you dont like them?

ignore them.

Not really, but I've taken care of one more person as of this morning
wink.gif

I lost regular internet access a little while ago and I'm trying to get it back. Team Members haven't been forgotten.

How can I unlink my brother's username from my username? When he goes to his images, he sees my images and he has the same password as me.

I think the reason why is because before the migration from ezBoard, I linked him to my ezSupporter. I just want to know how to make our accounts separate.

Does changing your e-mail address work?

I'm not sure that it's possible yet. That's why everyone was asked to update their e-mail addresses before the migration.

Check Yuku's support and help pages to see if anything has changed.

I don't think the fake ads are that big of a deal, at the end of the day, it's revenue for the site. Hell, if you are on NT, you should have enoughsense not to support the sites and order kicks from them.

Holden,

Thanks for changing it back!

I'll have to come along next time you ball with Cory & Joe.

Back
Top Bottom