Minority youngsters dying weekly on Chicago's streets

CHICAGO, Illinois (CNN) -- The Rev. Michael Pfleger has ordered the American flag at St. Sabina Church hung upside-down -- a historic sign of distress -- to symbolize the growing death toll among the city's youngsters.

art.alex.arellano.cltv.jpg

Alex Arellano was beaten, burned and shot in the head last week. He was 15.

So far this school year, 36 children and teens have been murdered -- more than one a week -- and Pfleger is among a chorus of weary Chicagoans who say the slayings aren't getting the attention they deserve.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/05/08/chicago.children.slain/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

And to think: That corpulent talking head wants to push disgusting chicken to the masses but cannot even begin to stir up any attention about this issue.
sick.gif

At some point us minorities need to get together and stop enforcing the stereotypes.
Im all for giving this type news more attention, but when its all said and done it will all point to: bad parenting, drugs, gangs, and lack of education.

The government should start to use resources and do their part, however the community and minorities as a whole need to step up to the plate regardless of whatthe government does.

Originally Posted by Diego

At some point us minorities need to get together and stop enforcing the stereotypes.
Im all for giving this type news more attention, but when its all said and done it will all point to: bad parenting, drugs, gangs, and lack of education.

The government should start to use resources and do their part, however the community and minorities as a whole need to step up to the plate regardless of what the government does.
Agreed.

The government should start to use resources and do their part, however the community and minorities as a whole need to step up to the plate regardless of what the government does.

Originally Posted by ProduccionFrescos

RIP
tired.gif
This needs to stop, I dont know what to say.........

tired.gif
smh.gif
. And I wonder why this story isn't getting more attention?Because it's Latinos and blacks being killed, that's why. Nobody in the media gives a %*%$ about minorities in the hood. But if it was about some whitekids getting killed, the story would be all over the news. There's a clear, blatant, and systematic discrimination that occurs in the news media'scoverage of crimes. It's really sad.

mneezy1 wrote:
Truly a shame. And Chicago is Obama's "city."

what the hell is that supposed to mean??? Because he's from here we're supposed to get special treatment??? The kids here are more important than thekids in little rock or in memphis or seattle or l.a??? That's a stupid !$# statement bro.

As far as this goes, this is nothing new here for 2yrs straight 07 & 08 (it was actually cool this yr tho) we had over 40 people shot (30 of whichdied) edit... my stats were way off... 36 people shot... 2 stabbed... 9 died... during the course of a singleweekend and the media didn't say *+*% nor did the government make any fuss about it. But because now Barack is in office all of a sudden its "whatsgoing on in his city" Kids have been getting murdered and politicians have been speaking out on the issue to no avail. Government can only do sooooomuch, its the responsibility of the parents to instill some values, morals, and understanding that life is precious yours as well as those around you. Thesekids don't have that, so no matter what programs are implemented they aren't getting that necessary input at home and its sad

Doesn't matter how much money or how bad your neighborhood is...I believe that NOTHING is more important than how your parents raise you. I live in thesesame neighborhoods here on the South Side, and I am thankful that my parents raised me right, instilled in me good morals and values, and sacrificed so much toprovide me a good Catholic education. They've always known my business and never turned the other cheek or denied that I wasn't doing something Ishouldn't. On the contrary, I got hit. The hell is up with all these selfish people not raising their kids right??

basically no one cares about these lives lost. its in our papers every week. I hate that children can't be allowed to grow and play. the gangs are a heavyproblem but not the only one.

I agree that if they were white, it would be on news 24/7 but its become so common that these evil fools are wiping out children left and right. I probablywill move to suburbs after my kids are born cause I will erase a %+#**! whole family for harming one of mine.

I ask that you all say a prayer for children everywhere, especially Chicago cause its not right. its frustrating cause its like what can I do. any chicagonters should check out the blackstar project. its a mentoring program that involves speaking at elementary and high schools monthly. pm me if you have anyquestions. I can only hope it makes a difference.

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Man, killin's some wack *%%@.
Oh I forgot except for when ... ++!++$ is rappin'
nerd.gif

I cant even stand all these bang lyrics anymore ... I gotta start listening to Drake.

But nothing is cool about taking someone elses life, and young people dying is FTL !!

Originally Posted by Jumpshot

tired.gif
smh.gif
. And I wonder why this story isn't getting more attention? Because it's Latinos and blacks being killed, that's why. Nobody in the media gives a %*%$ about minorities in the hood. But if it was about some white kids getting killed, the story would be all over the news. There's a clear, blatant, and systematic discrimination that occurs in the news media's coverage of crimes. It's really sad.

man white people ftw easy life people know when you get killed they living the life
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

mneezy1 wrote:
Truly a shame. And Chicago is Obama's "city."

what the hell is that supposed to mean??? Because he's from here we're supposed to get special treatment??? The kids here are more important than the kids in little rock or in memphis or seattle or l.a??? That's a stupid !$$ statement bro.

As far as this goes, this is nothing new here for 2yrs straight 07 & 08 (it was actually cool this yr tho) we had over 40 people shot (30 of which died) during the course of a single weekend and the media didn't say %#%+ nor did the government make any fuss about it. But because now Barack is in office all of a sudden its "whats going on in his city" Kids have been getting murdered and politicians have been speaking out on the issue to no avail. Government can only do sooooo much, its the responsibility of the parents to instill some values, morals, and understanding that life is precious yours as well as those around you. These kids don't have that, so no matter what programs are implemented they aren't getting that necessary input at home and its sad

Preach... South side of the chi
sick.gif

aint nuthin u can really do... i blame nixon... jus cuz crack aint as prevelant as it once was its havin its effects on r ppl even more so now...

maybe cuz that generation of dope feinds had babies n those "babies" r growin up and givin less of a !+*% then the degenerate parents that DIDNTraise them ever did...
ohwell.gif

saw part of this yesterday.
couldnt really watch the whole thing....too sad.

HAZE323 wrote:

not that it maters he probly related to los arellanos

lol like 99% of NT dont know who los arellanos are.

eek.gif
thats alot of youngsters is it gang or drugrealated?

I agree but nothing will change. They will always be murders and every major city as long as their is poverty. At this point, I really don'tknow what the government can do to stop this. At the end of the day, the problems leads to money.
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom