Misdemeanor charge for marijuana Fellow NT brotheren help me out!!

I was charge for possession marijuana back in November and they offered me to take a class for it which I miss recently. It was my first offense.
indifferent.gif
Now I am in a sticky situation will this affect me in the near future on finding a job after college? BTW I'm in the medical field and have quit smoking prior to that arrest. For personal reason and school. Is there anyway I can get my record expunged?
30t6p3b.gif

images

-Any info would be nice guys.
nerd.gif

get with a lawyer
if its not too far past when u shouldve taken the class, u should be fine, but it may rape your pockets

Originally Posted by moundraised23

get with a lawyer

if its not too far past when u shouldve taken the class, u should be fine, but it may rape your pockets

@i4ck
laugh.gif
No I am not selling dope. I was a heavy feefer head back then.
@moundraised23 I am planning to get a lawyer because it is past due for me to take the class again. Man this is going to hurt my pockets and fall semester is slowly approaching.

Originally Posted by Freakazoid

Originally Posted by moundraised23

get with a lawyer

@i4ck
laugh.gif
No I am not selling dope. I was a heavy feefer head back then.
@moundraised23 I am planning to get a lawyer because it is past due for me to take the class again. Man this is going to hurt my pockets and fall semester is slowly approaching.

fam, u need to hop off NT and get that +#%* str8.......u miss one of those classes here in TN, they can serve u a warrant

Doesnt it %*+@ with your financial aid and stuff. Having it on your record?

Originally Posted by INS

Doesnt it %*+@ with your financial aid and stuff. Having it on your record?

Only felony convictions.

You'll be ok. Just get with your lawyer. It will cost about $200-$500 to get it expunge. 

You just need to pay the lawyer to see if you can get the class taken again.

Originally Posted by SoVerSoTowel

back story on how you got caught?

long story short
-I was at the park with the fellas and bike cops came through.
30t6p3b.gif

Bad timing on my part.

Hopefully things will work out and I get this wipe out.

why did Halle have to let a white man pop it to get an oscar? Why did Denzel have to go crooked before he took it?

if you didnt sell then you good. im bout to go to court in 30 mins for a distribution & possession charge. also a college student (in the engineering field), but since its my first charge as an adult. im most likely good. you shouldnt even trip bro. the system is forgiving.

its just a misdemeanor not a felony.

anyway to get a gross misdemeanor + misdemeanor removed? 
nerd.gif
i hate having it on my record cause it's a pretty bad charge. 

Depending on what jurisdiction you're in, you may have to wait a couple of years to have your criminal record vacated (otherwise known as "expunged" as these terms are used interchangeably). Having your criminal record vacated means that you can legally state on an application that you have not been convicted of that crime.

I practice in Washington state, but other states tend to have same requirements. Generally, in order qualify, you have to meet the following requirements:

1. No other pending charges against you in any state state or federal court;
2. No other new convictions in any court since the date of your discharge (completed terms of judgment/sentence);
3. The crime was not a "violent offense" or a "crime against person";
4. The crime was not a DUI or a sex offense;
5. Gross misdemeanors- have to wait 5 years after the order of dismissal;
6. Misdemeanors- have to wait 3 years after the order of dismissal;

Usually, a motion for an order to vacate a criminal conviction will run you about $500-$800. I usually charge $600, but you should call around.

im in NY and got a citation last week. im not gona be dumb or cheap and just get a lawyer and call it a day. when i was locked up in CT for a weekend over some dumb $%* almost 3 years ago; i payed a lawyer 2 grand; cleaned my record and i never even saw the judge

what about in new york? If I get caught walking and smoking and a officer stops me while smokin, Will I get a citation or what?

Another person caught up in the insane war of drugs that costs the country billions, clogs up the justice system, and hurts otherwise solid citizens of the USA.

Hope you can make the best of it.

Back
Top Bottom