misdemeanor or felony charges on background check vol. don't judge me

Yes, Op.

Or if its a paper application you can no check either and just simply put "Please See Attached"

Now, What i mean by that is that you should write a letter of Explanation (to go along with your Resume and Cover Letter) describing the nature of your offense and how it will not affect your WORK ETHIC. DO NOT, and i mean DO NOT give them a detailed background of the story. Jus simply know what the charge was , wehn you got put on probation or parole and when your time for that is up. Then add of certain things in your life that clouded your judgement at the time.Admit that you were wrong and show responsibility to your actions. Then SELL YOURSELF, meaning write that your conviction was in the past and let them know what you have goin for yourself right now.

I actually just took a program about this kinda stuff.

Here is a sample if you need a visual

http://www.wfdc.org/job/d...tterofExplan.website.pdf

Alos, of course you'll have people who will 'Say F that, im not hiring this guy *Throws App away*" but there will be some people who will be intrigued and willing to sit down with you in a interview to see what your all about... Also if you really want a job, have a FOLLOW UP CALL! Be persistent and really let them know you want the job or atleast a chance at a interview.

something important to note, classification of a crime will vary from state to state. ive been dealing with a company in utah. almost everything is a misdemeanor that would be a normal citation in NY. and that DOES come up when your background check is run.

it will depend on the company how they view this. the contract we have requires all employees with misdemeanors (with exception of traffic moving violations) not be considered. that sucks bc in ny you can have an open container ticket, but in utah it would be a class c misdemeanor.

Back
Top Bottom