misdemeanor or felony charges on background check vol. don't judge me

da boy boyy

Banned
"have you ever been convicted of a crime including a misdemeanor or felony charge?"
"a conviction record will not necessarily disqualify you from employment"

for NTers that have BEEN CONVICTED with misdemeanor/felony what do y'all put when filling up an application for a job?

i have embezzlement (misdemeanor) btw
ohwell.gif
 but i try to deny that i've been charged, so i just say no i aint been convicted.

do companies really peep your background?

i have a feeling they aint Fn wit me cus of my record

Yes

don't lie fam...they'll find out anyway when they run a background check.

I hate having to explain to employers why i have an assault charge.

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Yes

don't lie fam...they'll find out anyway when they run a background check.

I hate having to explain to employers why i have an assault agg. battery charge.

Don't put nothing down if you weren't convicted, having charges brought against you means nothing. "convicted" is the key word here.

my company does.

we also contract work out to other suppliers. guidelines for hiring are usually very specific and we require 7 year background checks. misdemeanors (after 18 years old, all with exception of non-moving driving violations) and felonies where convicted will all disqualify you.

when i mentor/talk to college kids, i always stress about this. some petty problem you have will hold you back from many fortune 500 companies.

Originally Posted by Nawth21

Don't put nothing down if you weren't convicted, having charges brought against you means nothing. "convicted" is the key word here.
right. only convictions or open warrants will show up on local, county, state, and federal background checks.

was this before you turned 18?

nawth, i messed up on my post but thats what i meant, bein convicted wit those charges.

i feel like they wont even entertain me if i put YES i been convicted, like they're gonna judge me off of one mistake i did

Originally Posted by da boy boyy

nawth, i messed up on my post but thats what i meant, bein convicted wit those charges.

i feel like they wont even entertain me if i put YES i been convicted, like they're gonna judge me off of one mistake i did
Well, if I was an employer I wouldn't be real anxious to hire someone with a felony either.

yea chances of you being hired to a big company are slim to none..focus on smaller upstart companies that may not do background/credit/etc checks

Originally Posted by i like shoes too

Originally Posted by Nawth21

right. only convictions or open warrants will show up on local, county, state, and federal background checks.

was this before you turned 18?

i was 19, it was a stupid mistake i did to make side money. so they basically won't F wit me if they see that i have embezzlement on my record?

what kind of company is this? a large national company or small privately owned place.

its very easy to do background checks, so most companies do them...you might luck out if its a small place, but lying and getting caught is automatic rejection

Originally Posted by i like shoes too

what kind of company is this? a large national company or small privately owned place.

its very easy to do background checks, so most companies do them...you might luck out if its a small place, but lying and getting caught is automatic rejection

i'm just talkin about companies in general, i've sent out resumes, filled up 1230981023981 apps online, and they never seem to get back at me. i call em twice a week to check the status of my interview/apps but stil they aint Fn wit me.

but from all those apps i put "NO" i aint been convicted, maybe ima just put yes and tell em wussup.

i'm just talkin about companies in general, i've sent out resumes, filled up 1230981023981 apps online, and they never seem to get back at me. i call em twice a week to check the status of my interview/apps but stil they aint Fn wit me.

but from all those apps i put "NO" i aint been convicted, maybe ima just put yes and tell em wussup.
You have to understand though that it is hard as hell to find a decent job right now. I know people with years of experience that are looking for jobs. This market is terrible right now. Luckily I have a job, but I still look for something else everyday. Looking for a job, is a job.

Also, you need to distinguish yourself. Did you just send in a resume and hope for a call back? Call them, or go up to the business. See if you can find email addresses online and send a email. Something.

Did you go to college? If you only have a High School diploma and a felony, then yeah, you are probably going to get passed over.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

You have to understand though that it is hard as hell to find a decent job right now. I know people with years of experience that are looking for jobs. This market is terrible right now. Luckily I have a job, but I still look for something else everyday. Looking for a job, is a job.

Also, you need to distinguish yourself. Did you just send in a resume and hope for a call back? Call them, or go up to the business. See if you can find email addresses online and send a email. Something.

Did you go to college? If you only have a High School diploma and a felony, then yeah, you are probably going to get passed over.
yea i feel you, i have misdemeanor not felony, and i send resume/fill up their apps then i try to call em. sometimes jobs online dont have their contact number/address posted so all i can do is sit at home and wait for them to hit me back. 

i'm in college right now but i'd rather be out gettin money at the same time while bustin my #$% off with these books feel me?

The ONLY places I know of that pay crimnals VERY well are the NBA & NFL...

If you can't ball, you might as well go back to doin what you're doin... These jobs ain't hiring NObody anyway...

i got 2 assult misdemeanors. im always upfront about them and describe the situations why they occured and i've been able to land jobs, however i usually tell them that was my past and the job im interviewing for is my future

A conviction implies a trial. Being charged means you said, "Yep, I did it. My bad," and moved along. It all depends on how your lawyer worked it. I have a misdemeanor and a second arrest with no charges on my record so I safely check the "N/A" box for convictions. Call up your lawyer and ask them if you have to check it. If he/she was cool, then they won't charge you to answer that one single question.

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

The ONLY places I know of that pay crimnals VERY well are the NBA & NFL...

If you can't ball, you might as well go back to doin what you're doin... These jobs ain't hiring NObody anyway...
this quote will make someone commit suicide...
roll.gif

Definitely don't lie, that'll make it worst.

Just be honest and hope for the best.

Originally Posted by NikeAirsNCrispyTees

A conviction implies a trial. Being charged means you said, "Yep, I did it. My bad," and moved along. It all depends on how your lawyer worked it. I have a misdemeanor and a second arrest with no charges on my record so I safely check the "N/A" box for convictions. Call up your lawyer and ask them if you have to check it. If he/she was cool, then they won't charge you to answer that one single question.
I think you got it mixed up man.

A conviction means you were found guilty of the charge.  Being charged means they accused you of doing something.  If you said "Yep, I did it" that would be similar to pleading guilty (or just being really really stupid).  Depending on how your lawyer worked out your plea bargain, you might be able to work around it so it does not show up on your record.  When I was a punk kid I got in a little bit of trouble but based on having no prior record and being an otherwise upstanding citizen the judge let me do a buncha community service, pay a fine, and get my record sealed so that it would not show up.

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

If something got expunged, will it still show up?
should be unless its one of those where it is removed after a numbers of years and you haven't hit that time yet.

it won't show up on a background check, unless you are applying for a job like the fbi.

Originally Posted by NikeAirsNCrispyTees

That info wrong as hell homie
Conviction means you were found guilty or plead guilty...

Being charged means they have enough evidence to take you to trial...

whatchu talm'bout?

Also you CANNOT EXPUNGE Felonies....

Certain Misdemenors and PBJ's yes

but not felonies

Back
Top Bottom