Miss California Defends Revealing Photo , Nude Pics on the Way

dff25eee24e67d3023d3bc54e17014bbead139f.pjpg
Story from local news wire. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed

Originally Posted by infamousod

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

now she's in a anti-gay marriage commercial...people like this sicken me...

so what's your opinion on the internet-famous jerk who asked her the question and then blasted her several times on his video blog calling her all kinds of stuff, took it back, and then said it again?

dude is reaching for fame plain and simple.

you talking about Perez? i'm sure he's a clown...i don't know what he said about her cuz I don't follow him. I don't follow her either Ijust think its stupid that anyone thinks they can have a say in who another person wants to marry or their sexuality. If two grown people want to marry eachother let them. Who the hell cares? I think the fact that she is now some type of spokesperson for straight marriage is also stupid.

mytmouse76:
People with opinions sicken you? Why's that?

I think it's funny (read: sickening) how easy it is for people to say 'So John and Bill want to get married, and they're fighting for the chance toget married. And?', but it's so difficult for people to say 'So Crystal doesn't support John and Bill getting married. And?'

Yes, there are hateful people with views against gay marriage, but a view against gay marriage is not in and of itself a hateful view. You can peaceably have acontrary opinion, and that's all she has done. No, not everyone with her opinion is peaceable about it, but she has been.

And not everyone who supports gay marriage is peaceable about it either, by the way.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

mytmouse76:

I think it's funny (read: sickening) how easy it is for people to say 'So John and Bill want to get married, and they're fighting for the chance to get married. And?', but it's so difficult for people to say 'So Crystal doesn't support John and Bill getting married. And?'

Yes, there are hateful people with views against gay marriage, but a view against gay marriage is not in and of itself a hateful view. You can peaceably have a contrary opinion, and that's all she has done. No, not everyone with her opinion is peaceable about it, but she has been.

And not everyone who supports gay marriage is peaceable about it either, by the way.

I don't think she's hateful. But what is there to really support? What two people do in their home and what they consider a family is between them aslong as its not harming anyone else.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

mytmouse76:

I think it's funny (read: sickening) how easy it is for people to say 'So John and Bill want to get married, and they're fighting for the chance to get married. And?', but it's so difficult for people to say 'So Crystal doesn't support John and Bill getting married. And?'

Yes, there are hateful people with views against gay marriage, but a view against gay marriage is not in and of itself a hateful view. You can peaceably have a contrary opinion, and that's all she has done. No, not everyone with her opinion is peaceable about it, but she has been.

I don't think she's hateful. But what is there to really support? What two people do in their home and what they consider a family is between them as long as its not harming anyone else.

Just leave it alone. Her views are her views, respect them. At least she's not bashing or beating up pregnant women like some gays did after Prop 8.

infamousod wrote:

mytmouse76 wrote:

so what's your opinion on the internet-famous jerk who asked her the question and then blasted her several times on his video blog calling her all kinds of stuff, took it back, and then said it again?

you talking about Perez? i'm sure he's a clown...i don't know what he said about her cuz I don't follow him. I don't follow her either I just think its stupid that anyone thinks they can have a say in who another person wants to marry or their sexuality. If two grown people want to marry each other let them. Who the hell cares? I think the fact that she is now some type of spokesperson for straight marriage is also stupid.

what gay-rights supporters don't understand is that this kind of talk, and what Perez did, and all those gay pride parades are exactly the wrong thing tobe doing. Calling someone stupid for what they believe is only going to antagonize them. Not only that, it will essentially force people in the middle(indifferent) to choose a side, and most would probably choose the side of average looking people not the one with fabulous feather dresses playing"it's raining men" on repeat during a parade and doing OD PDA in public. I realize that's a pretty ignorant way to look at it, but it'sthe perception and stereotype that has been made of the gay community.

Perez Hilton, and every other gay-rights activist who spoke out against Miss California succeeded in making a passive, non-supporter into an active anti-gaymarriage spokesperson. Good job.

My opinion is that the whole situation is lame. Their back and forth exchange is annoying. I thought she answered the question poignantly and politely, eventhough I don't agree with her opinions. If it weren't for the organizations that she is aligning herself with, I would feel bad for her and all of theputrid ire that will be coming her way. She can't play 'woe is me' when she aligns herself with wackos who will only use her as a martyr for thenonsensical cause. Look at this press release:

***MEDIA ADVISORY***

MISS CALIFORNIA CARRIE PREJEAN HELPS LAUNCH NATIONAL ORGANIZATION FOR MARRIAGE'S " NO OFFENSE " AD AT NATIONAL PRESS CLUB IN DC ON THURSDAY
What:
National Organization for Marriage (www.nationformarriage.org) news conference featuring Miss California Carrie Prejean to announce the launch of "No Offense," the second of NOM's previously announced $1.5 million ad campaign. NOM's first ad, "Gathering Storm," focused on the threats to religious people who oppose same-sex marriage, generated intense public and media interest. The new ad "No Offense" will be played for the first time at the press conference.

Who:
Scheduled speakers include:
· Carrie Prejean, Miss California 2009
· Maggie Gallagher, President, National Organization for Marriage
· Brian Brown, Executive Director, National Organization for Marriage
· Frank Schubert, President, Schubert Flint Public Affairs-Creator of ad

Where:
National Press Club, 529 14th Street, 13th Floor, The Holeman Lounge,
Washington, D.C.

When:
Thursday, April 30, 1:00 pm ET

Details:
"No Offense," the next ad in NOM's $1.5 million national ad campaign, will be previewed for the media. What happens when a young California beauty pageant contestant is asked "do you support same-sex marriage?" She is attacked viciously for having the courage to speak up for her truth and her values. But Carrie's courage inspired a whole nation and a whole generation of young people because she chose to risk the Miss USA crown rather than be silent about her deepest moral values. "No Offense" calls gay marriage advocates to account for their unwillingness to debate the real issue: gay marriage has consequences.

eyes.gif
That last sentence, the one in bold, is ridiculous.

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

My opinion is that the whole situation is lame. Their back and forth exchange is annoying. I thought she answered the question poignantly and politely, even though I don't agree with her opinions. If it weren't for the organizations that she is aligning herself with, I would feel bad for her and all of the putrid ire that will be coming her way. She can't play 'woe is me' when she aligns herself with wackos who will only use her as a martyr for the nonsensical cause. Look at this press release:

***MEDIA ADVISORY***

MISS CALIFORNIA CARRIE PREJEAN HELPS LAUNCH NATIONAL ORGANIZATION FOR MARRIAGE'S " NO OFFENSE " AD AT NATIONAL PRESS CLUB IN DC ON THURSDAY
What:
National Organization for Marriage (www.nationformarriage.org) news conference featuring Miss California Carrie Prejean to announce the launch of "No Offense," the second of NOM's previously announced $1.5 million ad campaign. NOM's first ad, "Gathering Storm," focused on the threats to religious people who oppose same-sex marriage, generated intense public and media interest. The new ad "No Offense" will be played for the first time at the press conference.

Who:
Scheduled speakers include:
· Carrie Prejean, Miss California 2009
· Maggie Gallagher, President, National Organization for Marriage
· Brian Brown, Executive Director, National Organization for Marriage
· Frank Schubert, President, Schubert Flint Public Affairs-Creator of ad

Where:
National Press Club, 529 14th Street, 13th Floor, The Holeman Lounge,
Washington, D.C.

When:
Thursday, April 30, 1:00 pm ET

Details:
"No Offense," the next ad in NOM's $1.5 million national ad campaign, will be previewed for the media. What happens when a young California beauty pageant contestant is asked "do you support same-sex marriage?" She is attacked viciously for having the courage to speak up for her truth and her values. But Carrie's courage inspired a whole nation and a whole generation of young people because she chose to risk the Miss USA crown rather than be silent about her deepest moral values. "No Offense" calls gay marriage advocates to account for their unwillingness to debate the real issue: gay marriage has consequences.

eyes.gif
That last sentence, the one in bold, is ridiculous.

It's really not though. For the record, I would be for gay marriage, but to say that gay marriage doesn't have consequences is wrong. There arebenefits given to married people. Those benefits in some way or another trace back to tax-payers. People are entitled to voice their opinions on both sides ofthe issue, but not in the way Perez did it. He hurt his cause a lot more than he helped. He alienated a lot the people in the middle who are undecided/open tothe issue.

infamousod wrote:

mytmouse76 wrote:

you talking about Perez? i'm sure he's a clown...i don't know what he said about her cuz I don't follow him. I don't follow her either I just think its stupid that anyone thinks they can have a say in who another person wants to marry or their sexuality. If two grown people want to marry each other let them. Who the hell cares? I think the fact that she is now some type of spokesperson for straight marriage is also stupid.

what gay-rights supporters don't understand is that this kind of talk, and what Perez did, and all those gay pride parades are exactly the wrong thing to be doing. Calling someone stupid for what they believe is only going to antagonize them. Not only that, it will essentially force people in the middle (indifferent) to choose a side, and most would probably choose the side of average looking people not the one with fabulous feather dresses playing "it's raining men" on repeat during a parade and doing OD PDA in public. I realize that's a pretty ignorant way to look at it, but it's the perception and stereotype that has been made of the gay community.

Perez Hilton, and every other gay-rights activist who spoke out against Miss California succeeded in making a passive, non-supporter into an active anti-gay marriage spokesperson. Good job.

Let me clarify. I don't think she's stupid. I don't have an opinion on her one way or another. I think the idea that people think their opinionmatters on an issue like this is stupid.

i really hope theres more than just this...preferably with less clothing
laugh.gif
cause not all this fuss about these pics are BS

dff25eee24e67d3023d3bc54e17014bbead139f.pjpg

I wouldn't say sicken, but it irritates me just for the fact that I have gay friends...

Originally Posted by kingkb34

I wouldn't say sicken, but it irritates me just for the fact that I have gay friends...

i guess sicken was a strong word...but if still bothers me...

Back
Top Bottom