MJ - Player vs Person

Hey all Niketalk Jordan Heads
The original reason I collect Jordans is because of his many accomplishments in particular shoesand the aesthetic appeal of certain pairs. I'm posing a thought; should we be concerned with MJ as a person or are we wrapped up in a popular consumerculture(i think i already know the answer to this)? Or should we totally separate MJ the player from his personal life all together? I'd like to hear someopinions on if people care about his behavior off the court. thoughtful responses only

I buy shoes because I like them. You can make some Ted Bundy shoes, some Infrared Stalins or some White-Cement Hitlers. If they're hot I'm buying. Idon't care about Jordan as a person, nor do I buy his shoes because of his accomplishments (didn't buy the Last shots because he pushed off). I'mnot a hybebeast, I don't buy because others like them. I but because I want. You may in fact be a "consumer", I am a kick freak.

^im asking for thoughts on this subject and not making speculations about who is a "consumer" or hypebeast. I'm simply asking if people careabout MJs off court self. no need for personal diggs

Originally Posted by bdub253

I buy shoes because I like them. You can make some Ted Bundy shoes, some Infrared Stalins or some White-Cement Hitlers. If they're hot I'm buying. I don't care about Jordan as a person, nor do I buy his shoes because of his accomplishments (didn't buy the Last shots because he pushed off). I'm not a hybebeast, I don't buy because others like them. I but because I want. You may in fact be a "consumer", I am a kick freak.
..you dont buy the last shots because he pushed off
indifferent.gif

and i wish everyone could stop using the term hypebeast

Originally Posted by OGMX23

Only a newb would make a thread like this SMH
you were a newb once....and to me, you're still a newb. SMH at you, newb.

Jordan doesn't really give a $#%^ whether you like him or not and that's how it should be with everyone. You could be the greatest person in the worldand there will always be one person who has something bad to say about you. That's just human nature.

i heard hes pretty mean and stuff but dont care i only care about how the shoes look

I got into Jordans after watching Jordan play. As a player he was amazing, and a lot of that came from his drive to be excellent. So I also grew to admire manyof the qualities he displayed on and off court. But nobody is perfect, he has problems just like everyone else. But, as long as he's not killing people, iwill look past some of his flaws.

Jordans have become a status symbol though. There are a lot of people out there who buy them without even knowing who Jordan was or what he did. But i couldhonestly care less how much my shoes are worth, or how much others like them, or if wearing them makes me 'cool'. I like them and thats good enough forme.

So with that said, i probably wouldn't buy White-Cement Hitlers. But change them to Black-Cement and I'd seriously have to think about that one.

I buy shoes because I like them. You can make some Ted Bundy shoes, some Infrared Stalins or some White-Cement Hitlers. If they're hot I'm buying. I don't care about Jordan as a person, nor do I buy his shoes because of his accomplishments (didn't buy the Last shots because he pushed off). I'm not a hybebeast, I don't buy because others like them. I but because I want. You may in fact be a "consumer", I am a kick freak.

Ok he gambles, mess's with easy women, does alot of things inside we wish we all could do.

Meh really he's a retired athlete thats what they do

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Ok he gambles, mess's with easy women, does alot of things inside we wish we all could do.

Meh really he's a retired athlete thats what they do
i wouldnt even say we wish we could do..we forget athletes are humans, there are good people and bad people, honestly mjs rumored habits make hima human flawed in his own ways just like anyone else. i hate when people call people like barry bonds, and alex rodriquez bad people for taking steroids orbeing hard to deal with in the media, they are just people flawed like anyone else. i wish people could cut these people a break once in a while. how many ofyour friends do you know that have stolen, cheated on a test, cheated on a spouse or girlfriend/boyfriend, gotten dui's, or done something elsequestionable. how many times have you done it? thats my little rant

night and day. but if you think about it, nobody liked him on the court, just as people dont in the street, but he is respected

Well, he wasn't the best teammate. He knew how and when to pose as a great teammate when the cameras were on, but there's more than just a few storiesof him being a #$$% in the lockerroom. He'd ride teammates to the point that they'd want to leave the team. He'd justify it with: "If I runthem off, then I run them off.", meaning that he'd start !@@% needlessly. If they weren't pulling their weight, then it's understandable, butmost of the time, he was doing it for kicks. He also fought Steve Kerr after failing to punk him and damn near got his @*@ whooped by Bill Cartwright when hetried him too. He's got his dirt as a person: He cheated on his wife, that's why he's divorced. I bet you the conversation with the kids,especially the sons, was tough. Then there's the shoes. We all know about the sweatshop thing and the concern about the declining quality and rising pricesof his shoes. I like the shoes but I wouldn't get caught up in the worship & hype of any famous athlete or person. They've got failings just likeeveryone else.

My only knock on Jordan is that he didn't payoff his dad's gambling debt.......then his dad got killed. I'm sure he had his reasons for not payingor whatever, but it seems weird to me.

Great quote. personally I'll be camping out for those Osama Bin Laden PEs next week

Originally Posted by jeff3424

Great quote. personally I'll be camping out for those Osama Bin Laden PEs next week
i fail to see the greatness/cleverness/hilarity of wearing a ted bundy/osama bin laden shoe

As far as the shoes go, I buy them just because I like the way they look and perform. I do consider MJ to be a role model, but I do realize that he's notGod. I like his style, and the way that he carries himself, and that's about it. If you look into anyone's personal life, you might not like everythingthat you find, and it's the same with MJ. Like everyone else, he has flaws, but overall, I'd say he is a great role model, both on and off the court.I'm sure we all know about the gambling and affairs, and I'll be the first to admit that he's pretty stupid for both, but that shows that he'shuman afterall. I mean, how many times has he gotten arrested or busted on drug or rape charges? NONE. I can't say that for many other celebrities who areseen as role models.

everyone in the world doesnt like everyone else. someone i like the next person may hate, i respect him as a player and what little i know him(only throughdvds/interviews which i know aint much) but the real reason i buy the sneakers is they look unreal, there is something special about a pair of jays that noreebok, adidas or converse will ever have. just my opinion

Originally Posted by UltraPromoman

Well, he wasn't the best teammate. He knew how and when to pose as a great teammate when the cameras were on, but there's more than just a few stories of him being a #$$% in the lockerroom. He'd ride teammates to the point that they'd want to leave the team. He'd justify it with: "If I run them off, then I run them off.", meaning that he'd start !@@% needlessly. If they weren't pulling their weight, then it's understandable, but most of the time, he was doing it for kicks. He also fought Steve Kerr after failing to punk him and damn near got his @*@ whooped by Bill Cartwright when he tried him too. He's got his dirt as a person: He cheated on his wife, that's why he's divorced. I bet you the conversation with the kids, especially the sons, was tough. Then there's the shoes. We all know about the sweatshop thing and the concern about the declining quality and rising prices of his shoes. I like the shoes but I wouldn't get caught up in the worship & hype of any famous athlete or person. They've got failings just like everyone else.
DAMN.
eek.gif

you just went in on MJ

Oh well
ohwell.gif
...Theres always KB24
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by joeman1515

Originally Posted by jeff3424

i fail to see the greatness/cleverness/hilarity of wearing a ted bundy/osama bin laden shoe
the person that made the post about buying the signature shoes of serial killers and psychos is just super ignorant i wasnt gonna bother evencommenting on it

Back
Top Bottom