***MLB Feet and Equipment 2014***NEW THREAD

In keeping with the tradition of past MLB and Baseball postings within this forum. It is time for the 2014 season. Let us keep up with the trends and products the many brands will throw at us this year. So let's follow the past rules just like the last thread and enjoy this year to the fullest.

About to retire these and I know they are not legit and I do not promote fakes but let me tell you whoever made these years ago, made a quality shoe. In working out or taking batting practice not one time did they warp or lose traction.
I must now move on and find a suitable replacement.

View media item 722794

Had a chance to dig into the new iD's finally and agree with most on here that they have some cool colors you can create but are certainly lacking in options. One thing I think really makes them a tough sell is the lack of a customizable toe box on the shoe. For the majority of players that now wear long pants, you are essentially covering up the mesh/nubuck option on the shoe which really leaves you with just a one color cleat that you can customize the swoosh and laces with....tough to spend $140 on that. The CarGo cleats Nike Baseball's twitter feed showed had a customized toe box so I'm not sure why that option wasn't on Nike iD. The speckle option again would of added for a unique touch to them and was also not available so there isn't really anything that stands out option wise that is available. Also, maybe I'm in the minority but I don't get why the freshwater option is a big push for custom cleats...are people really randomly wearing teal cleats that don't match uniforms? I get the volt as an option to add in with laces/swoosh/sole etc...but I'm not sure why the freshwater option is such a big push by Nike (yes I get they were on many of the OG Griffeys.) It just doesn't seem very practical for people looking to make custom cleats to go with uniforms.

The lack of a gray option and instead going with a silver bugs me too. Most of the best PE's have some form of grey incorporated in them on road uni's and that's two years in a row they dropped that option. On the iD's the silver looks like it's gray but it looked like that a few years ago when it was an option and when people got them in they were really shiny silver that didn't really match road grays...maybe I'm being too picky but it seems like an oversight to just have silver when gray would match half the game pants people are wearing.

As somebody who has purchased probably 10 pairs of iD's over the last handful of years this was essentially my same complaint about the pair last year and that was the first year I passed on iD's in a long time, I'll probably do the same again this year. I feel like this cleat had a lot of potential with good iD options but the ones that would of stood out were passed on for ones that don't really make a lot of sense....just my opinion though. Would still like to see some ID's that are well done when people start getting them in. Maybe that will change my mind.

Really cool turfs chez, even if their fake. Its really weird that someone would make fake Jordan 3 turfs. Just out of curiosity where did you get them?

Chezz's III's are, unfortunately, fakes but REALLY, REALLY well made fakes. Like gray market stuff. And simce Nike/Jordan hasnt srm fit to put a comparable product out, cant really fault guys for getting them. They originate from those straight fromthe factory sellers like cheapjordansonline or discountjordans or wholesalejordans (see a pattern?) The same sites that sell 4million colors of the Swingmans or slap the 360 sole umit on every shoe imaginable.

The quality is there because they are made in the same factory as the legit ones.

Chezz's III's are, unfortunately, fakes but REALLY, REALLY well made fakes. Like gray market stuff. And simce Nike/Jordan hasnt srm fit to put a comparable product out, cant really fault guys for getting them. They originate from those straight fromthe factory sellers like cheapjordansonline or discountjordans or wholesalejordans (see a pattern?) The same sites that sell 4million colors of the Swingmans or slap the 360 sole umit on every shoe imaginable.

The quality is there because they are made in the same factory as the legit ones.

Exactly, at first I was like ehh why bother because I really don't support fakes but this case they were really well made. Now just imagine if Nike really blasted us with turf shoes from different versions of Jordans and other popular models abundant to retail? There wouldn't be such a reseller market and the demand would be controlled. The product would be superior and pricing would be affordable. But because Nike has the young generation in an addiction that rivals Walter White, I just shake my head at Nike and wonder if they do this because they know a 15 yr old non baseball guy will buy, for example Jordan Baseball cleat recently and will resell them and make some of us bite and buy from him for a blowup price. I just miss the old days where you can go to your local mom n pop and actual buy your sneaks at retail. Sry didn't mean to be preachy. Let's stick with MLB equipment and stuff. Any news on the new undershirts from Nike? Or is it another hyper cool 2.0 again this year?

Last edited:
You can't justify fakes by saying they are really well made 
mean.gif

You can't justify fakes by saying they are really well made 
mean.gif
not sure if i agree with this statement.  most nike shoes are not manufactured by nike as the process of building the shoe is outsourced to cheaper labor. so if these  manufactures are making the same shoe as what is being shipped to nike,  then how does the quality differ?  i understand it doesnt have the same stamp of approval (QA) that nike offers.. but when they are using the exact same material it has to make you think about what we are really paying for.  

Back
Top Bottom