***MLB FEET, EQUIPMENT, AND UNIFORMS 2023***NEW THREAD

In keeping with the tradition of past MLB and Baseball postings within this forum. We shall see what the 2023 season will bring. Let us try to keep up with the trends and products that the many brands will throw at us this year. So let's follow the past rules just like the last thread and enjoy this year to the fullest. Thank you all.

Wow, looks like Shohei really dipped from ASICS to New Balance. Interested to see how much the bag was.

D8013638-23F2-44BF-BAC1-7ABA4693CA77.jpeg

Last edited:
Huge get for NB
Too bad their models tend to look like jazzercise mall-walker shoes. Maybe SHOtime will inspire some more interesting options, but that goes against the whole bland NB esthetic

Huge get for NB
Too bad their models tend to look like jazzercise mall-walker shoes. Maybe SHOtime will inspire some more interesting options, but that goes against the whole bland NB esthetic
I don’t know if they would ever sway from their generic appearance.

Haha yep, no doubt. And honestly I don’t mind NB sticking to what they do. It’s more that it just seems sort of a waste to get someone like Shohei at a brand that doesn’t even do a sig line, just basic grey PE models

But MLB is weird like that, and we’ve discussed it here before. Judge doesn’t even have a brand sponsor, much less a shoe ?! Like how? Mookie basically zilcho? 🤯

Haha yep, no doubt. And honestly I don’t mind NB sticking to what they do. It’s more that it just seems sort of a waste to get someone like Shohei at a brand that doesn’t even do a sig line, just basic grey PE models

But MLB is weird like that, and we’ve discussed it here before. Judge doesn’t even have a brand sponsor, much less a shoe ?! Like how? Mookie basically zilcho? 🤯
Doesn’t Judge use NB but gets them costumed painted? Lately his been wearing a lot of Jordan gear but that’s because it’s just casual wear.

I was always under the impression that Judge has the NBs painted because he doesn’t actually rep them. I guess he just prefers the fit/performance. Which seems like a missed opp for NB not to swoop in. Maybe Judge doesn’t want to commit cause he’s hoping Nike/JB come calling some day haha. But with the way baseball market goes, there’s basically no marketing for sig athletes

I was always under the impression that Judge has the NBs painted because he doesn’t actually rep them. I guess he just prefers the fit/performance. Which seems like a missed opp for NB not to swoop in. Maybe Judge doesn’t want to commit cause he’s hoping Nike/JB come calling some day haha. But with the way baseball market goes, there’s basically no marketing for sig athletes
Miss the days of Griffey and what Nike did for him. The commercials, the gear, the shoes.

With NB, I think they’ll at least make Shohei his own line of apparel for folks to cop. I’m confident they’ll do more for him than ASICS did.

The 527 cleats are pretty dope and seem like a placeholder of sorts, it’s a classic silhouette. Sigs usually take a season to craft unless they had a dummy shoe already made and just needed his okaying. Assuming they actually want his input in design and function, we can expect something ahead of next season.

Tatis been seen hitting in nikes. Since adidas dropped him last season I’d assume he’s a free agent

Hi! Are they wearing Nike's new MLB Baseball Jersey? Will Nike finally release their own template this year?

Attachments

• SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS.jpg
    SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 69
Hi! Are they wearing Nike's new MLB Baseball Jersey? Will Nike finally release their own template this year?
To be totally honest, I have no clue anymore. Can someone confirm if they are still slapping their logo only still?

Looks like past template for Spring Training. Tbh I think the pandemic was a bigger setback than repeated for Nike (they took over winter of 2019), in regards to baseball/MLB stuff. Just disappointing because why take over if they’re not innovating beyond Majestic’s stuff? It’s a 10-year contract, so maybe next season we see stuff but Nike has been lackluster outside of some cool off field pieces.

Julio Rodriguez was wearing Adidas this week instead of the Under Armour cleats/batting gloves he wore as a rookie. Hoping Adidas really puts some marketing behind him and a “J-Rod Show” edition shoe or something. I’ll literally take anything from any brand willing to pump out some gear for a signature athlete outside of Trout.

61E44AC8-46F5-4687-9B6E-AB044236A813.jpeg

Judge in some kinda turf SBs im not familiar with. But more evidence that he might be nearing a Nike/JB partnership. I know he’s always rocked Jordan off the field. But as far as I can recall, I’ve never seen him in Nike/JB on field

Oh and he’s been doing JB batting gloves too 🤔

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom