MLB Trade Deadline thread - Everybody to LAD; Contreras to COL; Kazmir to ANA; Wagner to BOS.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

I like this trade for the Pirates.

They have no pitchers, Andrew McCutchen was always the future center fielder and Nate is way too old to wait for Pedro Alverez to arrive. Not to mention there best pitching prospect Brad Lincoln seems injury prone.

Not to say they don't get good players in return, but they just go around in circles. This is nothing new. There comes a time when they just need to buckup and retain these young players and BUILD a team instead of playing the merry-go-round with young talent who only materialize into future trading pieces.

but they just go around in circles. This is nothing new.

Exactly, this trade is NOT good.

Franchise is clueless right now, they keep trading their already good/solid players for prospects.

When does it end?

Hell, Hernandez is the best prospect they're getting, and he's a CF too.
laugh.gif

Already had tickets to the Braves game tonight. Hopefully McLouth makes it tonight. Hope this rain lets up, too...

Didn't see the trade last night when I got home from work mad late.......All I can say is at least Pittsburgh has the Steelers and Penguins
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

The Pirates are a Farm team that happens to play in the show. Once a player shows promise he is called up to one of the real teams
laugh.gif

Peavy in a Cardinals uniform
c6d354f04e39743f6856bbc1fb2ae4529c2fab9.gif

As nice as Peavy is, he hasn't looked like the Peavy of old the past two seasons.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

The Pirates are a Farm team that happens to play in the show. Once a player shows promise he is called up to one of the real teams
laugh.gif

Peavy in a Cardinals uniform
c6d354f04e39743f6856bbc1fb2ae4529c2fab9.gif
exactly what i came in hear to say. teams like the pirates help develop talent for other teams
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

As nice as Peavy is, he hasn't looked like the Peavy of old the past two seasons.
I believe Duncan can return him to his old form.

If Duncan can make Weaver look good, I'm sure he'll manage well with Peavy.

I say the Mets go after Cantu or Uggla
pimp.gif

Also the A's were asking for Fernando Martinez in exchange for Matt Holliday and the Mets said no

SomePirates players aren't happy about the McLouth trade.
Some of McLouth's teammates, predictably, were disappointed or outright angry. Several called each other last night, according to many accounts, and expressed dismay that management removed a key piece with the team at 24-28 -- despite missing cleanup-hitting catcher Ryan Doumit for two months -- and having some of the best pitching in Major League Baseball.
Shortstop Jack Wilson, the Pirates' most tenured and popular player, was among them.

"It's a shock to all of us," he said. "I've been talking to a lot of the guys, and this is not going to be viewed very highly in the clubhouse by any means. We're a team, and we were battling without our catcher, waiting for him to get back. To lose your best all-around player -- and that's what Nate was, in terms of power, speed and defense -- and to do it so early in the season ... that's going to be tough to get over."

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

I say the Mets go after Cantu or Uggla
pimp.gif

Also the A's were asking for Fernando Martinez in exchange for Matt Holliday and the Mets said no
I'd do it if only they work out an extension with Holliday before the trade is complete.

Holliday isn't a BIG TIME IMPACT kind of player in my opinion, he will be severaly overpaid this off-season (not worth it).

I've been reading a lot of rumors over the net about the Red Sox possibly finalizing a deal for Nick Johnson as soon as this afternoon.

According to the Boston Globe, the Giants have had internal discussions about Cleveland Indians third baseman Mark DeRosa, who may, or may not, be available depending upon which rumor is out there at the time.

The Globe reported the Giants would part with lefty Jonathan Sanchez.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/7777/
No thanks.

Why would the Giants make a move like this? They aren't contending. I'm sure they would love to do away with Sanchez, but not for a player like DeRosa.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

According to the Boston Globe, the Giants have had internal discussions about Cleveland Indians third baseman Mark DeRosa, who may, or may not, be available depending upon which rumor is out there at the time.

The Globe reported the Giants would part with lefty Jonathan Sanchez.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/7777/
No thanks.

Why would the Giants make a move like this? They aren't contending. I'm sure they would love to do away with Sanchez, but not for a player like DeRosa.

That would be a waste of time.

If that happens, Sabean would fall off the face of the earth.

Back
Top Bottom