MN Timberwolves Fans, what should we do?

I remain optimistic about this team even though we are currently 11-43. Since we have a young team there is only one way to go. Hopefully, that's up. Socounting out Antoine Walker, Michael Doleac, Kirk Snyder, Greg Buckner, and possible Mark Madsen this is what our team would look like.

PG- Telfair, Foye, Jaric
SG- McCants, Foye, Jaric
SF- Gomes, Brewer
PF- Jefferson, Smith, Richard
C- Ratliff, Jefferson

Considering that we either get the #1 or #2 pick in the draft (hopefully) it would give us either Derrick Rose or Michael Beasley.

Scenario I - Derrick Rose
wl854y.jpg

Although Beasley would upgrade the team right away, I think I would rather take Rose over him. It looks like Foye would rather play the 2 andit's a better fit for him. Meaning McCants could probably slide over to the SF spot even though he's a little undersized. That would give us the lineupof
PG-Rose, SG-Foye, SF-McCants, PF-Jefferson, C-Ratliff.
I would be content with that lineup but the the thing that worries me is that McCants would be undersized for the SF spot meaning he would be going up againstguys potentially 3-4 inches taller than him.

Scenario II- Michael Beasley
254xbfs.jpg

We catch lottery luck and get the #1 pick landing us Beasley. Right away he would upgrade the team, potentially turning us into a PortlandTrailblazers like team. That would mean Foye would have to stay at the PG spot, McCants as a SG, Beasley SF, Jefferson PF, and Ratliff C.
Beasley + Jefferson + Foye + McCants =
smokin.gif

Also taking into consideration that we would have back to back picks at the end of the first round and top of the second. We could probably get one or even twodecent players at those spots that could help us. We would need a true Center and since Ratliff is getting older and may be gone next year, it would seem likea good idea to take a center at one of those two spots.

I'm just sharing my feelings on where I think this team is headed, but share your opinions as well.

Keep.
Jefferson.
In.
Minnesota.
As.
Long.
As.
HUMANLY.
Possible.

Build around him, draft well, get key FA's, and your on the right track.

if the t'wolves fall outta the top 2 picks, i think brooke lopez (from stanford) could fit in well with jefferson, smith, gomes, brewer, mccants, foye andtelfair.

Pairing Beasley and Jefferson....would not be a good idea.

Draft Rose....as much as I like Telfair and want to see him given the chance up there...

you'd have to take Rose

Just as long as we can get Rose or Beasley, that's all that matters. I don't want them to tank the season, because I think we can build some momentumand possibly compete next year. They should be active in the FA market this year. Maybe get a guy like Ben Gordon.

You need a distributor....taking Beasley would not be a bad choice, obviously...but I don't think it's a good fit.

If I'm the Twolves I'd rather have the #2 pick...and take who didn't go 1, most likely Rose.

Foye is not a true PG....McCants isn't passing.....Ellis or Gordon would just add to people who need shots

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Ellis or Gordon would just add to people who need shots

Who would u rather have shooting other than Jefferson? You need 3 good offensive options in this league.

Foye is a good option...Rose is capable of scoring....

with Rose...he's gona create open shots, make other's better....

Beasley, Jefferson, Ellis or Gordon are gona need their shots...it's just not a good fit.

Foye can play off guard with Rose.....invest that money that would be spent on Ellis into a defensive minded big man

Gordon is a better option and probably more realistic.

Yes they're restricted, but it's going to take a lot to take them away from GS, they really love it there.

Telfair is progressing nicely at this point as well.
Do you see him as more of a 6th man or a futute starting pg?

Rose+Jefferson will be deadly IMO though

Anyone else disappointed with Brewer so far? I know it's his first year, but I thought he'd be a lot better than this. At least on the offensive end.

Monta is a Warrior-you can count on the Warriors matching anything....u know what happened with Gilbert.

And Rose is mroe logical for the Twolves but Beasley may be too much to pass over depending on what happens in the tourney

I was going to say cry and put paper bags over our heads... But you made an attempt at this thread being successful...

As long as we keep Big Al, Foye, and Telfair we'll be alright... Let these 3 develop and add role players around them... Gomes is nice too...

Brewer never had an offensive game....just was more athletic and had more length than anyone on the college level

Originally Posted by acidicality

Monta is a Warrior-you can count on the Warriors matching anything....u know what happened with Gilbert.
Yeah, there is no way the W's let Monta go. He is developing very nicely.
They will do anything in their power to keep in the Bay

i actually hope the wolves dont get one of the top 2 picks so we end up with Lopez from stanford. we really need big man help, if beasley comes they need wontreally have a need for brewer. he would basically be a waste of a pick. i also do not want to get rid of mccants. he will be a star in this league
pimp.gif
. ifonly they could have a younger theo ratliff, this team would be dangerous!!

first of all minnesota has been notoriously screwed in counting the optimistic high draft pick... See Laettner, Christian. 2, why count out kirk snyder? 3, ifFoye aint starting, something's wrong...

Back
Top Bottom