Modafinil - Smart Pill? When will it become a reality

So i know it has been talked about but it seems to be popping up more and more. But a recently published review of the drug has pulled it into the e-news once again

http://www.europeanneuropsychopharmacology.com/article/S0924-977X(15)00249-7/abstract

"But there's one substance that a recent review published in the journal European Neuropsychopharmacology found actually does improve attention, memory, learning, and other cognitive abilities — modafinil. "

http://www.techinsider.io/modafinil-is-an-effective-cognitive-enhancement-nootropic-2016-6

Adderall or Ritalin to me have always been a grey ish area but studies show they don't necessarily make brains work "better". But this drug might just do that.

What kid of rabbit hole could this open though if it is real and tested. Do we all take it....is there haves and have nots...would it dictate the job market? Would it spawn a huge black market? Will it be like steroids in sports?

I have a friend that uses this and swears by it. It's really expensive even with insurance.

You ever meet someone that was a friggin genius, yet was the biggest ****** idiot youve ever met?
Not sayin all geniuses are dummys, but some are too smart for their own good.

No gracias. Ill take some sativa over a pill.

i take sum generics from time to time but supposedly its really similar.

i have mix feelings on em. sometimes it clogs my mind frfr but it def helps to zone u in. i actually took a pill as recently as yesterday. lmk if yall got any questions

Last edited:
does he have it for narcolepsy or a sleep disorder? aka does he get it via a legit prescription

Definitely a legit prescription, TBH I don't know what excuse he used to get it. I had a hard time getting Adderall from my PCP. Some doctors are more lenient than others with prescriptions guess.

i have mix feelings on em. sometimes it clogs my mind frfr but it def helps to zone u in. i actually took a pill as recently as yesterday. lmk if yall got any questions

What's the generic name?

How long does it last?
Any side effects?
Whats sex like?
Have you figured out why jadakiss is as hard as it gets?
Is there a crash feelin?
What do you mean cloggs your mind?

Reports say it actually helps you with cognitive reasoning like ability to take in information and use it to come up with plans/strategies.

Can you test this? Like play warcraft with and without...see if you are better at standardizing :lol:

not srs

Last edited:

What's the generic name?

modafinilcat

How long does it last?
Any side effects?
Whats sex like?
Have you figured out why jadakiss is as hard as it gets?
Is there a crash feelin?
What do you mean cloggs your mind?

never really timed it but it last for a good amount of time. it's almost impossible to get a nap nap in when i took it that day.
at times my thoughts are getting jumbled and its hard to think clearly. it's been pretty much 50/50 for me.
i haven't noticed any difference. it doesn't feel better but there's no limp D side effects.
that's an answer only God knows b.
nope and it doesn't affect your appetite.
it's hard for me to think at times or be creative.

Reports say it actually helps you with cognitive reasoning like ability to take in information and use it to come up with plans/strategies.

This is what my friend says, his cognitive function is a lot better and feels a lot "quicker" mentally. He's a used car salesman, so it probably helps him be more of a shady scumbag :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
modafinilcat
never really timed it but it last for a good amount of time. it's almost impossible to get a nap nap in when i took it that day.
at times my thoughts are getting jumbled and its hard to think clearly. it's been pretty much 50/50 for me.
i haven't noticed any difference. it doesn't feel better but there's no limp D side effects.
do you use for work or leisure?

I was considering modafinilcat until you said it makes creativity difficult and clouded thoughts.
mean.gif

I've done a lot of nootropics in my time.

I'll be back later. To look at links posted.

i've taken a buncha noots also. one of the better ones for work performance was focus xt (choline, alcar, tyrosine, huperazine, vinpocentine, dmae and caff). one of the best ones for shaking off fatigue/cobwebs after doing a night shift was sulbutamine. in terms of modafanil, i have never taken that but i have taken omniscienti which has adrafinil and is supposed to be similar. it also has coluracetam, galantimine and centrophenoxine.

modafinilcat

do you use for work or leisure?

I was considering modafinilcat until you said it makes creativity difficult and clouded thoughts.:smh:

work & studying. it def help with the concentration.

one huge thing is that it sucks to listen to music when u on it. i love multi-tasking so it's a huge con for me.

Last edited:
work & studying. it def help with the concentration.

one huge thing is that it sucks to listen to music when u on it. i love multi-tasking so it's a huge con for me.
mean.gif

I may try this out if I ever fall behind on projects at work.

Modafanil doesn't make you smart, it just makes you more alert. They use it to treat sleep disorders like narcolepsy.

The report published though in the medical journal has evidence of improved cognitive function. People doing complex tasks better while on the drug. It actually allows you to retain and process information better which basically is making you smarter. Drugs like Adderall haven't been proven to do this, they just allow you to focus better. So your brain is still working at its capabilities but this drug has evidence of exceeding your normal brain functions.

Another interesting note is that a lot of this stuff is found by accident. Since there is no money in making drugs for non-sick people funding is really low.

The report published though in the medical journal has evidence of improved cognitive function. People doing complex tasks better while on the drug. It actually allows you to retain and process information better which basically is making you smarter. Drugs like Adderall haven't been proven to do this, they just allow you to focus better. So your brain is still working at its capabilities but this drug has evidence of exceeding your normal brain functions.

Another interesting note is that a lot of this stuff is found by accident. Since there is no money in making drugs for non-sick people funding is really low.

post the research.

first link in the OP

I am not saying one is right or wrong especially given how subjective medicine is in general. I just thought it was all interesting

Back
Top Bottom