Mods Please do something about this SPAM I'm receiving in my email.

taz92

Supporter
I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum but I have received at least 300 emails about the BUY/SELL forum in my email address. This is outrageous. I didn't provide my email address to receive this type of spam. Please stop this. Thanks.

That's the thing I haven't listed anything in the BUY/SELL forum. This just started today. I have deleted all my subscriptions etc and its still happening. It checked it out and it looks like all of them are coming from Facebook. I don't even use that site. I mean what the ****.

Try going to your profile and changing account settings, then say to stop receiving emails.

Done that too. Still not working. For now I will just block all of these emails until I can look into this further. Thanks.

That's the thing I haven't listed anything in the BUY/SELL forum. This just started today. I have deleted all my subscriptions etc and its still happening. It checked it out and it looks like all of them are coming from Facebook. I don't even use that site. I mean what the ****.
Where are the emails coming from?  

If you're receiving subscription emails from the system, that's something that can be easily adjusted in settings.  If you're receiving external spam, that's NOT coming from our system and is likely the result of some sort of web crawler that's scraped your email address from a publicly accessible webpage.  

This is why many people try to obscure their email address from web crawlers by typing things like "address [at] domain.com", placing the email address within an image, etc.  

If the email address appears as clear text in something you've posted to our forums, we can help you delete it - but otherwise I'm not sure what we can do to assist you if the emails aren't being sent through our system. 

They are all titled - NIKETALK- I have this and that for sale. Its like the whole buy and sell forum has been spammed to my personal inbox.

They are all titled - NIKETALK- I have this and that for sale. Its like the whole buy and sell forum has been spammed to my personal inbox.
If the sender isn't from @niketalk.com, then it's not coming from our system.  

It's possible to subscribe to an entire forum.  If somebody subscribed via email to a buy/sell forum they would get daily updates with a list of all the new posts in that forum.  You wouldn't get a thousand emails from some random person with "-NIKETALK-" in the title from a sender who's completely unaffiliated with the site.  Our system emails would come from @niketalk.com.

Perhaps a google search for your email address would help, if it is indeed being scraped from a publicly visible webpage.  

If you spam a few of the emails, and rephrase the page your email will begin to automatically send those emails to a spam folder. Delete the remaining ones if they don't automatically get deleted.

As an update on this, we were able to determine that the spam emails came from a NikeTalk Facebook group.  

At this time, NikeTalk does not operate ANY Facebook group or fan page.  Please know that such pages are run by fans and we can make no assurance regarding their quality or security.  

Back
Top Bottom