moments in sports that made you cry.

MJ's first retirement.
Father's Day 1996

Not so much cry, but the feeling of a proud father seeing his child reach an achievement: Boston Red Sox - 2004
CHARGERS. TROJANS
STA.LUCIAREALTORS

Pete Sampras moments

- Australian Open, maybe 1996, match versus Courier. Plays after he finds out his coach has brain cancer, breaks down during the match.

- WImbledon, maybe 200, i'm bad with dates, when he broke the record for most slams ever. Wins the final point, then starts looking into the stands to find his parents.

my favorite athlete ever.

suddenly I heard a tapping,...

fmscully@yahoo.com

i will now add penny hardaway making it back to the L. its good to see that never giving up pays off.
THE JOKER GANG
"I have given a name to my pain, and it is Batman"​

i wont say cry but i did throw my tv remote and break it in anger when that fruit loop tim thomas hit that game tying 3 in game 6 last year against the lakers.

- barry sanders retiring
- mike tyson losing to holyfield... it all went down hill from there
- when the giants choked against the angels

--------------------------------
people always say to me "Don't forget about me when you make the NBA."
I shoulda said to them "If I don't make it, I hope you don't forget about ME." - William Gates, Hoop Dreams​

i was at MJs last ASG in Atlanta. The halftime ceremony was touching
Celts-Sox-Pats
UCLA T&F
617-------310

Kings Lakers Western Conference Finals Game 5. I've been a die hard kings fan my entire life, since the days they were the worst team in the L. I couldnt get myself to accept the fact that Horrys shot actually happend for about an hour and definently shed some tears.

^ u mean game 4? Horry's shot was game 4...Bibby's shot was game 5
Air Jordan
1984-1993
1995-1998
2001-2003
"The best there ever was, the best there ever will be."

Tears of joy came after Game 6 of the 2003 World Series when the Marlins beat the Yankees to bring home the title, but sad tears came after the 2003 Fiesta Bowl when Miami lost the Natl. Title to Ohio State after a bad pass interference call....

I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death....​

Nets losing to spurs in 03 and every single yankee playoff exit in the last 5 years.

Also, every time Joe torre is interviewed after a playoff clinch or series win brings tears to my eyes.
Code:
    NEW YORK JETS_TEAMYANKEES_New Jersey NetsI'm a man who discovered the wheel and built the Eiffel Tower out of metal and brawn. That's what kind of man I am. You're just a woman with a small brain. With a brain a third the size of us. It's science.

When my bills lost 4 straight super bowls smh
When the buffalo braves turned into the clippers smh

Quote:
When the buffalo braves turned into the clippers smh
:stoneface:
indifferent.gif
I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death....​

Reggie Miller's last game, and his jersey retirement

When I was like 8 I cried when the Colts lost in the AFC Champ game cause the refs shafted them. Looking back now, they would have gotten murked by Dallas anyway

and I didn't think about the Jimmy V speech, but that gets me sometimes too
TEAM ARSENAL
Lehmann
Sagna-Eboue-Toure-Gallas
Rosicky-Gilberto-Fabregas-Denilson
Eduardo-Van Persie​

this is easy.... as a hurricanes fan since the days of torreta, tonight's game. it was an embarrasment to the city and the school. they should have neverput on pads.

Yankees- 2004 ALCS, 2005 ALDS. 2006 ALDS, 2007 ALDS. Not exactly tears of joy more like frustration

Money's last retirement (Wizards). ESPN got me at the end of the game with the career highlights to the song "Goodbye", plus Mike Tirico'swords as the music was fading out.

seeing ken griffey jr. come back to seattle for the first time. during that entire pregame ceremony i was holding back tears watching old griffeyhighlights on the big screen.....

Bo injury and retiredment were the sadest, the next game and the 2004 SB were no picknic either. Doubt anything In Pro sports ever made me cry.

Back
Top Bottom