Money Mayweather bets $5.9 million on the Heat tonight

For that amount, he could have bet half the money and bought the refs with the other half.

Indeed tho, that is how athletes go broke. I hope he has a post-pugilist plan, otherwise things could get bleak fast based on everything I've seen from this dude.

Last edited:
That's a pretty safe bet. Pacers have a 10% chance at winning tonight.

@ToddFuhrman: Stories of Floyd betting 5.9M on the #Heat #Pacers Gm 7 in town are like tales of Lochness Monster: believe what you see, not what you hear

Have you guys seen how much guaranteed money he's making with his new contract? 2-3 fights a year, 30+ million PER fight.

He also has his own promotional company and he's been the highest paid athlete the last couple years.

He would have to work REAL hard to go broke.

I get this feeling that as obnoxious as Mayweather is with his money, that he's smart with it behind closed doors.
BINGO, said it himself..... It's all a character and its working. More people are paying to see him lose because of this persona that he has created. Brilliant!

I don't think money mayweather will ever go broke. On top of what he already has, he's about to take in another 150MM in the next couple years. And, like someone mentioned, he has his own promotion company (which canela is under).

He's about to take a loss tonight tho.

Last edited:
Im pullin for Miami to win by 6 or less
laugh.gif

his net worth is only about 140m...he can most DEFINITELY go broke. he gets money from fighting. soon as he stops fighting..well they aren't going to pay him 30 mil to analyze.

I get this feeling that as obnoxious as Mayweather is with his money, that he's smart with it behind closed doors.

Dude and his team are ridiculously savvy with their money. You don't orchestrate the deals he does with cable networks, concessions, etc. if you don't know what you're doing.

his net worth is only about 140m...he can most DEFINITELY go broke. he gets money from fighting. soon as he stops fighting..well they aren't going to pay him 30 mil to analyze.
Nope they won't, but the athletes he promotes and manages will

thats like some of you guys copping 6 or 7 pairs kicks in a month. 5 mill isn't hurting his pockets at all he is very smart with his cash. Don't worry about him, becuase he isn't worrying about any of you.

Have you guys seen how much guaranteed money he's making with his new contract? 2-3 fights a year, 30+ million PER fight.

He also has his own promotional company and he's been the highest paid athlete the last couple years.

He would have to work REAL hard to go broke.
Man, do you know how much A.I./Tyson made in their careers? It's not impossible to have over a hundred million in your lifetime and nothing to show for it but memories.
BINGO, said it himself..... It's all a character and its working. More people are paying to see him lose because of this persona that he has created. Brilliant!
That's smart if that's what he's doing, it's very convincing.

Heat chances of winning just went down. Oh well if i had his money i would probably bet 10 million :nthat:

Man, do you know how much A.I./Tyson made in their careers? It's not impossible to have over a hundred million in your lifetime and nothing to show for it but memories.

That's smart if that's what he's doing, it's very convincing.
Forget which interview it was but he said he used it in the WWF and just stuck. He learned that being the "bad guy" gets a lot more attention

Back
Top Bottom