Mongol Rally (driving from London to Mongolia this summer)

Hello NT Friends,
Just wanted to let you all know about a trip I will be taking this summer.

My friend and I will be driving from London to Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia in a small car for charity.

We are both from Seattle and figured this would be a great use of our time following graduation (whats up class of 2012!).

The funds we raise will go to two charities, one in Seattle and one in Mongolia, and we will also be donating our vehicle once we arrive in Mongolia.

Check out our blog and donate
wink.gif
 (its for the kids!)

http://theblisteringbarnacles.blogspot.com/

I will also be using this blog post to update you all with pictures and stories.

wish us luck.

ive always wanted to see mongolia. it is least densely populated country in the world. all that open space seems so 
pimp.gif
and 
eek.gif
at the same time.

i envy you sir. good luck.

Alright I just received my passport back from London where I received my travel visas for Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan. I am sending my passport out to DC on Monday to get my visas for Russia and Azerbaijan!

2romb9x.jpg

35arscx.jpg

I'd also appreciate any critiques or comments on the blog.

Whats up guys!

I got a bunch more updates for you all. As demonstrated by the one post in this thread that is not mine, I figured you all were dying to hear more about my trip.

1. we bought a car. yup, we bought a 2005 chevrolet Matiz and are planning on having it take us from london to mongolia. here she is.
16ab5t4.jpg

we need a name for our ride. thoughts?

2. we got sponsored by Kavu, Rescue Tape, ExOfficio, and Macklemore (Seattle hip hop artist).

If any of you have small businesses and would like to get some exposure through our travels PM me and we can work out something where we put stickers on our car, take cool pictures at cool spots with your stickers/product in view.

annnyyways, as I mentioned in my first post, if you have any comments about the blog id love to hear them and hope I can keep you guys entertained this summer with my travels.

blog link: http://theblisteringbarnacles.blogspot.com/

Thats awesome. Thats sweet you got sponsored by macklemore. Best of luck with everything!

Back
Top Bottom