WHO declares Monkeypox outbreak a global emergency

Biden says monkeypox cases something to 'be concerned about'

:stoneface:

I probably mutated since it is springing up globally among people that have not been in the same location

Either way, there seems to be a vaccine available already, so hopefully, it not too bad

Thank the old gods and the new ones that kingkoopa kingkoopa didn't make this thread though

Then we would really be ****ed

Thank the old gods and the new ones that kingkoopa kingkoopa didn't make this thread though
gameshow-winner.gif

If places all over your skin suddenly have geysers, you probably don’t have it

Random thoughts:

1. Hopefully the way this effects people's physical appearance will make people take it seriously
2. Seems like there's a vaccine available but also seems like this one has been spreading in a different way than the past
3. Thank all the gods orange man ain't in charge of this one.

Last edited:
Since we have a vaccine for this one, we shouldn’t have to worry about another shutdown or does the level of severity determine this?

Since we have a vaccine for this one, we shouldn’t have to worry about another shutdown or does the level of severity determine this?
I read an article that was explaining although there is a vaccine for this, there's potential obstacles:
* These vaccines were placed in the national reserves as it was such a rare disease in the Western world, so production would have to ramp up significantly. Time may not be on our side as the fatality rate is significantly higher and tends to effect young people
* The way the disease is spreading this time is much different than any year before, so there's no guarantee the approved vaccines would work effectively this time

Fingers crossed for good news, but COVID has drained any optimism out of me

Back
Top Bottom