Monta Ellis = 1 man turnover machine

Dude is averaging 4.6 TO's per game. 25 in his last 3 games and has an 11 turnover game on his resume so far this season.

Why would the Warriors continue to experiment w/ him as their PG?

He's on pace to break Artis Gilmore's record for most TO's in a season..

laugh.gif
I swear I was gonna make this same exact post this morning

Turnovers
[table][tr][td]1.[/td] [td]Monta Ellis-GSW[/td] [td]91[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2.[/td] [td]Steve Nash-PHO[/td] [td]79[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3.[/td] [td]Russell Westbrook-OKC[/td] [td]74[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4.[/td] [td]LeBron James-CLE[/td] [td]73[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5.[/td] [td]Chris Kaman-LAC[/td] [td]70[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6.[/td] [td]Kevin Durant-OKC[/td] [td]69[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7.[/td] [td]Andre Iguodala-PHI[/td] [td]68[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8.[/td] [td]Gilbert Arenas-WAS[/td] [td]67[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]Aaron Brooks-HOU[/td] [td]67[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10.[/td] [td]Jonny Flynn-MIN[/td] [td]64[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]Deron Williams-UTA[/td] [td]64[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]Dwight Howard-ORL[/td] [td]64[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]Dwyane Wade-MIA[/td] [td]64[/td] [/tr][tr][td]14.[/td] [td]Amare Stoudemire-PHO[/td] [td]60[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]Carmelo Anthony-DEN[/td] [td]60[/td] [/tr][tr][td]16.[/td] [td]Jason Kidd-DAL[/td] [td]58[/td] [/tr][tr][td]17.[/td] [td]Stephen Jackson-TOT[/td] [td]57[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]Brandon Jennings-MIL[/td] [td]57[/td] [/tr][tr][td]19.[/td] [td]Carlos Boozer-UTA[/td] [td]56[/td] [/tr][tr][td]20.[/td] [td]Baron Davis-LAC[/td] [td]55[/td] [/tr][/table]

eek.gif

He plays too fast. He needs to slow his game down.

Originally Posted by JD617

Turnovers
[table][tr][td]1.[/td] [td]Monta Ellis-GSW[/td] [td]91[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2.[/td] [td]Steve Nash-PHO[/td] [td]79[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3.[/td] [td]Russell Westbrook-OKC[/td] [td]74[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4.[/td] [td]LeBron James-CLE[/td] [td]73[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5.[/td] [td]Chris Kaman-LAC[/td] [td]70[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6.[/td] [td]Kevin Durant-OKC[/td] [td]69[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7.[/td] [td]Andre Iguodala-PHI[/td] [td]68[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8.[/td] [td]Gilbert Arenas-WAS[/td] [td]67[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]Aaron Brooks-HOU[/td] [td]67[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10.[/td] [td]Jonny Flynn-MIN[/td] [td]64[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]Deron Williams-UTA[/td] [td]64[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]Dwight Howard-ORL[/td] [td]64[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]Dwyane Wade-MIA[/td] [td]64[/td] [/tr][tr][td]14.[/td] [td]Amare Stoudemire-PHO[/td] [td]60[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]Carmelo Anthony-DEN[/td] [td]60[/td] [/tr][tr][td]16.[/td] [td]Jason Kidd-DAL[/td] [td]58[/td] [/tr][tr][td]17.[/td] [td]Stephen Jackson-TOT[/td] [td]57[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]Brandon Jennings-MIL[/td] [td]57[/td] [/tr][tr][td]19.[/td] [td]Carlos Boozer-UTA[/td] [td]56[/td] [/tr][tr][td]20.[/td] [td]Baron Davis-LAC[/td] [td]55[/td] [/tr][/table]

eek.gif
For someone that gets so many touches, Kobe rarely ever turns the ball over. Crazy.
eek.gif
@ LeBron.

What do you expect when he is forced to play every minute of every game with 4 players who barely belong in the NBA? And for the record, turnovers or not,Monta Ellis is playing at an All Star level.

Originally Posted by marath0n

He plays too fast. He needs to slow his game down.

Originally Posted by JD617

Turnovers
[table][tr][td]1.[/td] [td]Monta Ellis-GSW[/td] [td]91[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2.[/td] [td]Steve Nash-PHO[/td] [td]79[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3.[/td] [td]Russell Westbrook-OKC[/td] [td]74[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4.[/td] [td]LeBron James-CLE[/td] [td]73[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5.[/td] [td]Chris Kaman-LAC[/td] [td]70[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6.[/td] [td]Kevin Durant-OKC[/td] [td]69[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7.[/td] [td]Andre Iguodala-PHI[/td] [td]68[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8.[/td] [td]Gilbert Arenas-WAS[/td] [td]67[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]Aaron Brooks-HOU[/td] [td]67[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10.[/td] [td]Jonny Flynn-MIN[/td] [td]64[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]Deron Williams-UTA[/td] [td]64[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]Dwight Howard-ORL[/td] [td]64[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]Dwyane Wade-MIA[/td] [td]64[/td] [/tr][tr][td]14.[/td] [td]Amare Stoudemire-PHO[/td] [td]60[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]Carmelo Anthony-DEN[/td] [td]60[/td] [/tr][tr][td]16.[/td] [td]Jason Kidd-DAL[/td] [td]58[/td] [/tr][tr][td]17.[/td] [td]Stephen Jackson-TOT[/td] [td]57[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]Brandon Jennings-MIL[/td] [td]57[/td] [/tr][tr][td]19.[/td] [td]Carlos Boozer-UTA[/td] [td]56[/td] [/tr][tr][td]20.[/td] [td]Baron Davis-LAC[/td] [td]55[/td] [/tr][/table]

eek.gif
For someone that gets so many touches, Kobe rarely ever turns the ball over. Crazy.
eek.gif
@ LeBron.
Lebron is basically the Cavs "point guard" and is averaging 8.4 assists per game. He also drives and dances in the lane a lot (you turnthe ball over much more driving than you do shooting jump shots). So with the amount he handles and passes the ball, averaging 3.6 turnovers a game isn'treally that surprising or unbelievable for any superstar that is the primary ball handler for the team.

Chris Kaman, on the other hand..... what the hell?

i swear NT can turn anything into a Kobe vs LeBron debate....

Most guys who dominate the ball are going to rank high in turnovers, but the reason for this thread is to show that Monta is on a record breaking pace....hisAST/TO ratio is terrible for a PG

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

i swear NT can turn anything into a Kobe vs LeBron debate....

Most guys who dominate the ball are going to rank high in turnovers, but the reason for this thread is to show that Monta is on a record breaking pace....his AST/TO ratio is terrible for a PG
Again, this can be attributed to the fact that he is playing along side 4 scrubs. I have watched every Warriors game this season with theexception of like 2. Monta plays at a very high speed and dominates the ball, so TOs will happen. His assist total would be higher too if he had some playersaround him.

Assist to turnover ratio being bad or not, Monta Ellis should be an All Star this year.

Most guys who dominate the ball are going to rank high in turnovers
Truth. That's why I've always said if you lose turnovers every week in fantasy, chances are you have a pretty damn good team.

I disagree he's playing w/ 4 scrubs....Warriors arent a good team, but he has talent around him...Monta is not a PG. I've been watching dude play sincehe was a freshman in high school and he's a SG.

Assist to turnover ratio being bad or not, Monta Ellis should be an All Star this year.

And no way in hell is he an all star this season....putting up good #s on a bad team doesnt equal being an all star...Z-Bo is one of my favorite players andhe'll never be an all star despite his 20-10 #s almost every year.

if kobe doesnt pass the ball, then wouldnt his TO amount be higher? assuming he loses the ball frequently when he drives to the hoop?

I disagree he's playing w/ 4 scrubs....Warriors arent a good team, but he has talent around him...Monta is not a PG. I've been watching dude play since he was a freshman in high school and he's a SG.
The other 4 players that have been starting around him are a collection Corey Maggette, Stephen Curry, Mikki Moore, Anthony Morrow, VladRadmonovic, or CJ Watson........show me the talent, I'll wait.
laugh.gif
(besides Morrow)

^yea, he is playing with a bunch of scrubs and he is the only person that can create his own shot off the dribble for himself and others (when he passes). weall know he isnt a pg, and is basically forced to run the team.

also, he really isnt getting a lot of foul calls when he is hacked. last night, the refs swallowed their whistles everytime monta drove the lane.

i rather have monta have the ball in his hands, than say a cj watson

Back
Top Bottom