Montana NTers?

Heard some highways have no speed limit. I’ve driven thru three times and be doing 90 a lot of the time. It still haven’t see a place with no speed limit.

Heard some highways have no speed limit. I’ve driven thru three times and be doing 90 a lot of the time. It still haven’t see a place with no speed limit.
This true? :nerd:

Checkin in

Theres def a speed limit. Ive been here 9 years now, it was 70 on main highway but its 80 now. You can prob go about 85 on a good day without worry, but folks def riding 90+

The backroad highways are usually 70

Always wondered why some states like Montana dont have major metro areas.

Is it land conservation?

Not enough people for it. And yeah also land, if its not private land owned by someone for their animals/crops then its either mountains natl park or native owned land

Each "big city" is at the least hour and half apart

Probably peaceful as hell out there man. Honestly wouldn't mind spending some get away time there in a Summer

Yeah from a view standpoint its beautiful, if youre not the outdoors type (hike hunt fish etc) it can pretty boring. I stopped playing basketball so winter is the worst part because it can start snowing early oct and could snow in to may/june.

Summer time for me baseball men's league, boating/jet ski, camping trips (camp trailer)

Checkin in

Theres def a speed limit. Ive been here 9 years now, it was 70 on main highway but its 80 now. You can prob go about 85 on a good day without worry, but folks def riding 90+

The backroad highways are usually 70

Not enough people for it. And yeah also land, if its not private land owned by someone for their animals/crops then its either mountains natl park or native owned land

Each "big city" is at the least hour and half apart

Yeah from a view standpoint its beautiful, if youre not the outdoors type (hike hunt fish etc) it can pretty boring. I stopped playing basketball so winter is the worst part because it can start snowing early oct and could snow in to may/june.

Summer time for me baseball men's league, boating/jet ski, camping trips (camp trailer)

What's dating like out there?

Seems like the type of place where you have to marry early.

Christmas from the back deck of my inlaws
20191225_084731.jpg

About 5 miles out from my inlaws, base of the mountains
20200419_110958.jpg

Randoms:

D2j1VMd.jpg
UVh9QNM.jpg
20200725_163906.jpg
20190624_191114.jpg

Id have to go in a memory card for other scenic ones

What's dating like out there?

Seems like the type of place where you have to marry early.

I couldnt tell you from personal experience, i came here already involved and have been. From the outside looking in i dont think its bad. Idk about the marriage age, most that im somewhat close to that are my age (early 30s) we are all married.

I live in a college town so there's plenty of the young crowd. The older folks (30+) im guessing its really finding folks with the similar interests of the outdoor stuff or travelling

Expensive living here, between it being a tourist hub, celebs frequently moving or buying homes here, and surge of people wanting "getaway".

DC, there's a video on YouTube from a brotha that visited about a year or two ago. He enjoyed his time there.

I have a aunt that lived in Wyoming with her husband and kids (all black). From what she has shared it wasn't bad living.

I'm interested in exploring these areas. Hell, I would give north or south Dakota a try. I just wanna be in place where I just "be".

1999 was when Montana set the speed limit at 74 and then raised it to 80 in 2015. Even before then while there wasn't technically a speed limit law enforcement could pull you over if they thought your driving speed was above 'reasonable and prudent.'

Montana is gorgeous but I could see living there full time you gotta be in the right mindset.

As of 2019 the state of Montana had .6% black people. Most, probably if not all of them will be in either Billings or Missoula.

I know a Nigerian family and the dad works for the government who lives out in Whitefish. He loves it. You are probably more apt to face discrimination and racial issues being Native American than you are black.

yo this thread is taking off....

kicks2024 kicks2024 we gotta link. I just got in town last night. planning on being here at least 6 mos

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican ive actually seen a decent amount of black people.

not a lot, but more than I expected.

which is like 10 total since i got into the state LOL

Back
Top Bottom