More Blueprint 3 News: Kanye West Promises Jay-Z's 'Anti-Auto-Tune' Blueprint 3 Will Be 'Amazing'

"Where amazing happens" doesn't just take place on the NBA courts - it also happens in Kanye West's studio. The Grammy winner says Jay-Z's long-percolating Blueprint 3 will be well worth the long wait the MC's fans have been enduring.
"Jay is in control of everything in his domain," Kanye, the album's producer, said last week during a promotional visit for his book, "Thank You and You're Welcome."

"He's just been working on it, and it's gonna be amazing when he drops it. I think it's good he's taking his time to give people thebest product possible and not being rushed by this fast-food, media-outlet, Internet, everything-is-getting-leaked, people-stealingyour-songs-before-you-can-mix-them-and-put-them-online world we're living in right now."

Kanye revealed that he and Jay went back in and made some alterations to B3 since they first started.

"We actually removed all the songs with Auto-Tune off of his album," West said, "to make the point that this is an anti-Auto-Tune album, eventhough I released an album that has all Auto-Tune!

"It doesn't matter to me," Kanye laughed about Jay not wanting to incorporate the sound that is featured so heavily on Kanye's 808s & Heartbreak. "It's music; it's just sonics. I likeAuto-Tune so I do it, but you want the other thing - like you'll wear a suit to a wedding and gym shoes to a basketball game. I think it's a perfectmoment for Jay to provide some gym shoes to a basketball game right now."

No release date has been set for Blueprint 3, however, last week, Jay-Z secured his release from Def Jam Records, which will allow the album to come out on his own Roc Nationlabel, presumably in partnership with Rock Nation (although the specifics of thatdeal have not been confirmed). Meanwhile, Kanye has been in the studio, grabbing inspiration for his own next album.

Credit: MTV.com

In good news, they removed the auto-tune. When No ID made reference to the album being like 808's, I was really worried, but good to see that the CD maybe moving in the right direction ..

"We actually removed all the songs with Auto-Tune off of his album," West said
241354ef4088aca85fa841ca03d5eaf47dea5ac.gif

I like Auto-Tune so I do it, but you want the other thing - like you'll wear a suit to a wedding and gym shoes to a basketball game. I think it's a perfect moment for Jay to provide some gym shoes to a basketball game right now."
Worst analogy ever.

I really hope all of the *****ing about Kanye's use of Auto-tune doesn't discourage him from continuing to experiment with his music.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

I like Auto-Tune so I do it, but you want the other thing - like you'll wear a suit to a wedding and gym shoes to a basketball game. I think it's a perfect moment for Jay to provide some gym shoes to a basketball game right now."
Worst analogy ever.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
I thought I was the only one

Worst analogy ever.

Originally Posted by mace40

Worst analogy ever.

YOU AINT NEVER LIE...

I cannot fathom Jay using auto-tune... thank GOD he removed it.

Looking forward to Kanye's new stuff...

Even with the auto-tune vocals gone,
I still hope most/some of the PRODUCTION is still like 808's and this whole era that Kanye is in with "Sky Might Fall" and"Flight School" and any other recent beats he's done that I can't think of now with the 808's & Heartbreak vibe

- I'm glad to hear news on this album. I hope they're close to being done.
- Some featured artists were probably guilty of using Autotune. I'm glad they removed it, because whether or not you like it, it would give BP3 less of a"hip-hop" sound that I want it to have.
- I hope Jay wasn't the one using Autotune.
sick.gif

- Kanye didn't produce 'Flight School' if I remember correctly.
- With that said I like the slightly 'experimental' style of Kanye's work on the 808's beats, so I agree that I would like some of that soundon BP3.

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

- I'm glad to hear news on this album. I hope they're close to being done.
- Some featured artists were probably guilty of using Autotune. I'm glad they removed it, because whether or not you like it, it would give BP3 less of a "hip-hop" sound that I want it to have.
- I hope Jay wasn't the one using Autotune.
sick.gif

- Kanye didn't produce 'Flight School' if I remember correctly.
- With that said I like the slightly 'experimental' style of Kanye's work on the 808's beats, so I agree that I would like some of that sound on BP3.
Yeah I doubt Jay was the one using autotune.

Anyway I hope this lives up to the hype Ye is giving it. I just want a release date.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by retr0sxual

I really hope all of the *****ing about Kanye's use of Auto-tune doesn't discourage him from continuing to experiment with his music.
smh.gif

I hope it does. I want the old 'Ye back.

Wait a minute, Jigga was going to have songs on the album with autotune? Good thing those tracks were removed. I didn't like that Ye did it though itturned out to be a good album. This could've been horrible for Jay.

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Oh hai,

Jay-Z - Death Of Autotune (produced by No I.D.)

..bai
nerd.gif

I have a feeling this album is goin to be monumental.

Ye focused and still hungry but evolved with the production.

Jay with a double nickel #45 MJ performance on AG. Out the boardroom with something to prove...
pimp.gif

Major problems.

Back
Top Bottom