More $ in a small market or less $ in a bigger market? The ? for Durant's, Bosh's, Evans's, etc.

Originally Posted by babam11218719

You can't post city population numbers and judge the size of the market. New York is a city driven market most of their population is in the city. Where you have Atlanta or Dallas which are two huge markets but if you look at population of the city are comparable to Cleveland or any other city. But Atlanta and Dallas have large metro areas where everyone in the area spread out and does not live in the Atlanta or Dallas address. You need to find the metro populations to compare size of cities and not just the population of the city.

Dallas population almost triples the population of cleveland and more than doubles that of atlanta

Originally Posted by Cicero Avenue Dopeman

No

roll.gif

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

People who live in NY, LA and Chicago think everybody wants to live there but they really dont. If you're a player what does New York City have to offer you that Orlando doesnt?

Snow?

Night life? Players have enough money to fly to New York and party or fly girls from other parts of the country to their NBA city. Plus nobodys in their business and writing about it on message boards.

This aint 1986....This is 2010....the world is flat now....If you travel around, you realize everything is becoming more and more homogenic.
I agree. That's a good point. Not even being sarcastic. 
okay

so in 2010 nyc became meaningless and people are just pretending that there is a crazy amount of opportunity here. yup. you got me

jeter doesn't get swarmed by the media at all. play your damn cards right and youll be good. arod had a million douche bag moments in nyc and the media never liked him. neither did the city

not one person proved me wrong. like i said he can open bars, restaurants, gyms, have television shows on MSG because we have our own damn television channel, 8 million more people in the city alone to buy all his sneakers that aren't selling too well... he gonna start a damn clothing company out of CLE too?

i'd love to hear how he can do what I said and be more prosperous in a small market.
nerd.gif

you dudes don't see it because you think small. no vision

does every player want to live in new york and be swarmed with attention? nope but bron bron is an attention #%%#!. so that's the least of my worries.

4 million people DO NOT live in Cleveland. not even 2 million. skew the numbers however you want it doesn't make it true.

If he wanted to though, why couldn't he start a clothing company from Cleveland though? You act like what happens in a city stays only in that city. He doesn't need to be there 24/7 to do things in that city, assuming it even was the case they could only be done in said city. And if he just absolutely had to be in NYC for something, it's an hour and a half flight. People run businesses from other cities all the time.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

If he wanted to though, why couldn't he start a clothing company from Cleveland though? You act like what happens in a city stays only in that city. He doesn't need to be there 24/7 to do things in that city, assuming it even was the case they could only be done in said city. And if he just absolutely had to be in NYC for something, it's an hour and a half flight. People run businesses from other cities all the time.

son what aren't you understanding. can he start a clothing company is CLE? YES. if he started the same clothing company in NYC would he make more money? YE

we gonna pretend nyc isn't the fashion capital of america? the internet didn't somehow make nyc insignificant. how many clothing trends came out of ohio? how many clothing trends came out of nyc

it's not whether he can do something in a small market it's how much more money he will get for doing the same thing in a BIGGER market.

My man Dubs, you gota chill out. i swear you're arguing with someone in like every thread i go in
laugh.gif

But seriously, Utah = NYC? i know im a bit bias, but really?

But in DubA's defense, we the people dont always compare things, and go to the better place. For example, theres the name brand canned food of spam, and a store brand of spam. The store brand is cheaper, has more proteins, etc, but why do we buy the name brand? ITS BECAUSE OF THE NAME. it doesnt matter if all the specifics show that the other product is better. ITS THE NAME.

of course you can say its pyschological and etc., but im just saying how i see it. Everyone wants to play in the bigger market, and brag to someone else "ayo i turned this franchise around blah blah blah".

just me .02

why are we talking about Cleveland like its anywhere close to NYC? Honestly, anyone with a brain can tell you starting businesses in NYC will profit much more than Cleveland. And since when is youngstown part of the Cleveland metro area? All the cities in NEO have a distinct separation, to include Akron, Canton, and especially Youngstown in the Cleveland metro area is beyond idiotic. I mean...seriously Akron is 35 minutes away...and that's the closest city. Anyways while he could have business in NYC and stay in Cleveland(actually Akron) he'd stand to benefit a little more by actually being in NYC

Originally Posted by JsindaA

why are we talking about Cleveland like its anywhere close to NYC? Honestly, anyone with a brain can tell you starting businesses in NYC will profit much more than Cleveland. And since when is youngstown part of the Cleveland metro area? All the cities in NEO have a distinct separation, to include Akron, Canton, and especially Youngstown in the Cleveland metro area is beyond idiotic. I mean...seriously Akron is 35 minutes away...and that's the closest city. Anyways while he could have business in NYC and stay in Cleveland(actually Akron) he'd stand to benefit a little more by actually being in NYC
get ready for people to say

OHIO>CALI
roll.gif

the internet makes big cities irrelevant
laugh.gif

i can't believe i have to argue with multiple people that lebron can make more money in a city of 8 million of the craziest basketball fans on the earth. plus long island and jersey which won't have teams. I mean i'm a random kid on niketalk you think if I see that, his advisers and donnie walsh don't see that? you think nike doesn't see that? it doesn't mean he will bounce. it just means that we have a very good proposal imo.

not to mention that a good amount of people in nyc have loot to throw around. it's the damn ecomonic center of america i don't understand how this is an argument

Back
Top Bottom