More than 40 shot in NYC over holiday weekend

An outbreak of shootings across New York City over Labor Day weekend – including three at the annual West Indian-American Day parade in Brooklyn – has left more than 40 people injured and two dead.

The first shooting took place at 6 a.m. Saturday, when a 35-year-old woman was shot and wounded on the corner of Saratoga Ave. and Newport St. in Brooklyn. During the next 24 hours, 23 more people were shot in 13 separate incidents, according to the New York Daily News.

Eight people were shot at a backyard partyin the Bronx neighborhood of Williamsbridge on Sunday around 3:30 a.m, the New York Times reports. The wounded included an 11-year-old boy and two girls, ages 13 and 14. Police suspected a 17-year-old was the shooter, and they were looking for him.

Four men were shot at a barbecue in Brooklyn’s East Flatbush neighborhood early Monday morning, NBC News reports. One of the victims, 17-year-old Tyrief Gary, died.

The other fatal shooting occurred at a home in the Flatbush section of Brooklyn, where a 30-year-old man was found just after 2 a.m. on Sunday.

At Monday’s West Indian-American Day celebration in Brooklyn, two men were shot – one in the leg and one in the stomach – in broad daylight along the parade route, police told NBC News. The shooter fled on foot. A third person was shot in the leg at the parade later in the afternoon.

Mayor Michael Bloomberg, a longtime anti-gun activist, reminded New Yorkers that, despite the weekend’s violence, the city's crime rate is the lowest in the country.

“Unfortunately, we're going to have to keep fighting,

it has nothing to do with the parade,,,, the negative element of brooklyn seem to want to come out and show out , for no reason.....

exact reason why i dont even bother going into brooklyn. if i cant find it in queens or manhattan, i dont need it.

are we really ignoring the 8 people that were shot at the party in the bronx and focus on how bad Bk is only???...

Originally Posted by tramericanjr

it has nothing to do with the parade,,,, the negative element of brooklyn seem to want to come out and show out , for no reason.....

Word.
1 of the strongest cultural celebrations on the East Coast has become a Blood/Crip/Goon meetup.

Rude boi lick a shot (bo bo bo bo)

But on the real r.i.p to the one's that died this wknd

Labor day wknd is the time you see everybody including those that you have beef with....and the lil %%$@$% out here stay strapped

30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif

There is no positive in this but glad to head that out of the 40 shootings only 2 people actually died

That's why I didn't go to the parade. I know too many gang members going out there and I had a feeling something bad was gonna happen this weekend.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

This and the recent Village Voice article on 9/11 leeches... bad week for NYC.

i just googled this after i saw ur post ...
eek.gif

tired.gif
 @ my city right now ... 

BK>>>
and everyone knows labor day weekend is hot
people that dont pop off the entire year pop off this weekend. beefs escalate all summer and this is the weekend it comes to a boil because everyone knows the cops are stretched thin because of the parade and cause its easy to dip in the crowds.
Nostrand ave FTW

Back
Top Bottom