Mortal Kombat (2021) Out Now.

, Katheryn Winnickall need to be cast in the next 1
Lagertha :pimp::blush::blush:

B40C3057-5A9F-43C6-8AE0-16EC535C091F.gif

And yea Daniel Wu would be a great addition.

The “what could have been” factor is off the charts with this movie. Like honestly, how do you fumble the bag with a character like sub zero and special effects as cool as what his character can offer?
E629876C-75C3-4692-9D30-0DA7B478377E.gif

who knew the first 7 minutes of the movie they showed before it released were actually the best 7 minutes of the movie.... smh

I've been saying that for a couple of days. It was pretty much downhill from there.

That was the best action, was the most climactic and seemed to have the most at stake

Once they added a story and characters around Scorpion and Sub Zero :ohwell:

Watched it in the theaters with my girl yesterday afternoon. Having a beer while watching def made it more enjoyable though but I liked it for what it was.

Kung Lao was great but got killed off too quick. His fatality was :pimp:

There was def unnecessary fight & post fight com like Kano saying “magic mike” or Jax with your “breath stink.” :lol:

Shang Tsung casting was weak too. Wish we got OG/Grandpa Tsunami instead.

Probably watch it one more time at home for the fight scenes. Overall like a 5/8

What was Shang Tsung talking about that Bi-Han killed Hanzo 4000 years ago when this was supposed to be the 10th tournament and each one took place every "generation." Shouldn't it have been 400 years intead? I didn't know Japan and China were even around 4k years ago to have warring clans:lol:

What are the numbers though? I couldn’t imagine watching this with no idea what the games were. Movie had me lost as is. Got my family movie selecting privileges taken away for a while :lol:

had me looking like this when the credits rolled
1619461058855.gif

They needed to do like Marvel and broken it down. Especially when several sequels are possible. They shouldn't have been in a rush.

If you have all of these characters, you have to develop them and make it so the audience cares about them.

They needed to do like Marvel and broken it down. Especially when several sequels are possible. They shouldn't have been in a rush.

If you have all of these characters, you have to develop them and make it so the audience cares about them.

MCU laid out the blueprint for everyone who wants to start a universe but people keep going the DCEU route. :smh: :lol:

The “what could have been” factor is off the charts with this movie. Like honestly, how do you fumble the bag with a character like sub zero and special effects as cool as what his character can offer?
E629876C-75C3-4692-9D30-0DA7B478377E.gif
You give it a relatively small budget, a bad director and a bad passed around script

What was Shang Tsung talking about that Bi-Han killed Hanzo 4000 years ago when this was supposed to be the 10th tournament and each one took place every "generation." Shouldn't it have been 400 years intead? I didn't know Japan and China were even around 4k years ago to have warring clans:lol:
That was a flub. The opening scene took place in the 1700’s

MK really doesn’t have the legacy Marvel has, tho. The route they’re taking now is a huge gamble.

MK really doesn’t have the legacy Marvel has, tho. The route they’re taking now is a huge gamble.
Pretty much, Going the Marvel route is a recipe for disaster. They didn’t have to include as many characters in this film though.

They should’ve had Subzero as the main bad guy with a partner. And Shang Tsung could’ve been a background villain for future movies

And they could’ve focused on Liu Kangs journey that was explained in the movie. And had Kung Lao as a supporting character .

Pretty much, Going the Marvel route is a recipe for disaster. They didn’t have to include as many characters in this film though.

They should’ve had Subzero as the main bad guy with a partner. And Shang Tsung could’ve been a background villain for future movies

And they could’ve focused on Liu Kangs journey that was explained in the movie. And had Kung Lao as a supporting character .
They should of stayed with it being before the tournament and not added any main bad guys. Just stick to scorpion and subzero with the rival clans. Have a couple fights, middle be scorpions death and transformation, have him come back and kill some clan members, tease the tournament and subzero. How do you mess that up?

I feel like they could have made it work if They would have SLOWED DOWN the number of stories they presented per movie.

Like blastercombo blastercombo said, they have damn near 30 years of content they could put out there but we know that doesn't generally happen when movies are made for the masses.

But we just have to "wait and see" where things go from here. ( youngogjosh youngogjosh )

Back
Top Bottom