Mos Def force-fed under standard Guantánamo Bay procedure – video

Last edited:
What?!?! It's actually congress that has prevented the closing of Gitmo prison. They voted to bar the prisoners from being transferred to the US not even to stand trial because they don't want them housed in their respective "backyards". This has also prevented the numerous prisoners deemed or found innocent from being released.

I was squirming in my seat watching that. Has me shook.

Couldn't even finish the vid, was done after a second of putting the food up his nose. 

Still doesn't change the fact that that the prisoners should be able to fast if they choose

Pretty sure they don't give a **** if you fast but they're not gonna let you starve yourself to death...which is probably their intent

You gotta be a real strong minded individual to voluntarily not eat for an extended period of time let alone going through that **** twice a day :x

Wonder what determines who gets that since only 44/120 have to go through it.

not about that anything going into my nose life

respect to him for going through with this

Its a Dobhoff tube I place those tubes into people ALL the time. Its uncomfortable but not that bad, once it gets past the naso and oro pharynx down past the epiglottis its not bad at all. If he would just have swallowed it would of gone down easily.

It also doesnt take 2 hours to place

Last edited:
Its a Dobhoff tube I place those tubes into people ALL the time. Its uncomfortable but not that bad, once it gets past the naso and oro pharynx down past the epiglottis its not bad at all. If he would just have swallowed it would of gone down easily.

It also doesnt take 2 hours to place

Easier to say when you're on the other end of the tube :lol: Even more so if you deal with people voluntarily being fed.

Pretty sure they meant 2 hours to complete the feeding.

Last edited:
Easier to say when you're on the other end of the tube :lol: Also voluntarily.

Pretty sure they meant 2 hours to complete the feeding.

Ive had something every similar (endoscope) placed before at the ENT so I know the feeling.

Like I said the only bad part is getting past down through the mouth. IT is just very irritating and gagging but not really painful. Getting it past the mouth and epiglottis usually doesnt take long at all sometimes only seconds.

Ive had people who refuse to have it done and Im not saying its not uncomfortable but I think he is exaggerating quite a bit.

I think he is exaggerating quite a bit

Maybe...

He's tied down to a chair with strangers holding him while something is being shoved up his nose. Not in a doctors office.

Some people faint/spaz out when they SEE blood or a needle.

I watched lot of Fear Factor growing up so I don't see how his reaction was that much of a stretch :lol:

Different people react differently when they get put in uncomfortable positions.

Bet the detainees take it like a G because they won't give the officials the satisfaction.

Last edited:
Dam....
mean.gif

Did feel like he was acting though

As soon as they pointed the camera to his squirming feet, I found myself doing it while feeling that thing inside my nostrils. :x

This is what they feed em thru those tubes... :x
View media item 486297If force feeding is deemed medically necessary, medical personnel shackle the detainee "and a mask is placed over the detainee's mouth to prevent spitting and biting". A feeding tube is then passed through the detainee's nostril into the stomach.

The process takes about 20 to 30 minutes but they can be required to stay in the restraint chair for up to two hours until a chest x-ray confirms the nutrient has reached their stomach.

The prisoner is then removed from restraint chair to "dry cell" where they are observed by a guard for up to an hour "for any indication of vomiting or attempts to induce vomiting". If they do vomit, they are returned to the restraint chair for the entire duration of the observation period in subsequent feeds.

If they bite the tube, the guards hold their head still for "as long as necessary for the detainee to relax his jaw".

When did Bush leave office again? 2008? 5 years later... Obama still hasn't done jack regarding this! :smh:

Close it down already. The numbers on people there who actually did something vs people who are essentially innocent is crazy.

Back
Top Bottom