Mos Def force-fed under standard Guantánamo Bay procedure – video

Makes me sick what this country has become. :smh:

We're no better than the men we war against, and that's the truth.

Last edited:
no cringing here...

prolly felt worse than it looked.

lets see you act your way through waterboarding... lol

So just as clarification. You don't think that the inmates should be fed. You think they should be able to starve themselves to death.

What's your alternative to everyone saying this is unjustified ? Should we not keep these people alive ?

#NT Medial professionals :nthat:

I hope I'm never anywhere where you guys are working.

#NTcontrarianEffect

Last edited:
In a doctor setting, don't they also spray some numbing stuff through your nose? How can you compare this to that? Wayyy different environments

So just as clarification. You don't think that the inmates should be fed. You think they should be able to starve themselves to death.

What's your alternative to everyone saying this is unjustified ? Should we not keep these people alive ?
IMO, it's not that they shouldn't be fed, but it their right to protest in the act of not eating. They have no other bargaining chip other then using their life.

It's a cry for help. It's a means to an end protest, there's not to much they can do to get attention and relief other then a hunger strike.

I would say they let them protest and not eat and die, or they shut down gitmo and release them into another facility. That's why the message is being spread to us "The People" so we can interact and help this situation progress.

But then again people don't get paid with a jail full of prisoners that are all dead.

Congress will not let the prisoners transferred here as they voted down measures to close Gitmo. They don't want their constituencies to complain & get angry. Other countries don't want to house them either. This is also holding up the release of the innocent prisoners which are folks that were found not to have terrorist ties. Some human rights groups say that at least 50% of those held in gitmo are innocent. Can you imagine being taken from you home/family when you had nothing to do with what you've been accused of for 10+ years?

Didn't read through the whole thread so apoligies if someone said this, but if you know you're gonna get force fed anyway why wouldn't you just eat the food...

Somewhat related...

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/p...rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

California officials Monday said 30,000 inmates refused meals at the start of what could be the largest prison protest in state history.

Inmates in two-thirds of the state's 33 prisons, and at all four out-of-state private prisons, refused both breakfast and lunch on Monday, said corrections spokeswoman Terry Thornton. In addition, 2,300 prisoners failed to go to work or attend their prison classes, either refusing or in some cases saying they were sick.

So now they have to force feed 30,000 prisoners?

#NT Medial professionals
nthat.gif

Thanks man, but I'm not quite a 'professional' just yet; I still got one more semester to go.... but it'll be worth it.

Before nursing school, I only worked as an EMT for about a year but I think that experience was vital to getting into the RN program.

I'll be honest and say that I probably wouldn't want to be around where I'm working for at least a year 
laugh.gif
 clinicals and labs only do so much, real life experience is gonna be a huge transition. 

but I'm definitely with you, its definitely cool whenever any of the NT medical professionals come out. Its like 'hey we aren't just a bunch of degenerates on the internet doing nothing with our lives!' 
roll.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't read through the whole thread so apoligies if someone said this, but if you know you're gonna get force fed anyway why wouldn't you just eat the food...
If you voluntarily eat, you're not protesting anymore.

#NT Medial professionals :nthat:

#NTcontrarianEffect

Oh I think youd want to have me do it whether its an Dobhoff tube, Lumbar Puncture, Liver Biopsy , Lung Biopsy, Spinal Biopsy, Abscess Drain more times than not the patient will say wow that wasnt nearly as bad as I thought. Esp with lumbar punctures where some people have had really bad experiences in the past they will ask for me by name.

Some procedures are much more uncomfortable but its all about easing the patients mind and making them feel like they are in good hands and that you care. Then of course there is always skill associated with any procedure

Unfortunately the us gov has to feed prisoners cuz a hunger strike would shake up the world worse than what it already it

Lol I was looking up mos def's Islamic faith and it said he didn't trust the translation of bin laden does anyone trust it too?

Don't they just use a cotton swab for the strep test?

It was a cotton swab on the end but it was connected to a extra long skinny metal stick that was flexible. It felt like they were trying to hit my brain.

For a minute there, upon reading the title I thought Mos Def got locked up in Guantamo Bay...

Looks harsh.

Back
Top Bottom