Most Annoying Saying in Basketball "Carmelo Anthony is the easiest scorer in the league"

@*$ Does that mean?

What makes Carmelo's scoring any easier than Kobe, LeBron, Durant, etc.??

I hear a lot, mostly on ESPN, but now i got these little +@+#*@ tryna tell me this, with nothing to back their claim.

So i thought, if this is true, NT would know why.

04b7a129942196e61cfd95d5e969dacc-getty-98459809.jpg

I'm guessing it means that he can dominate you in many ways.

He'll post you up and dominate.
He'll beat you behind the arc.
He'll use his mid-range and just shred you.
He'll blow by defenses and dominate.

He just has sooo many weapons.

Why is it annoying just because you don't understand?  Actually... what is so hard to understand?  
laugh.gif

Lebron doesn't have the footwork, the jumper, or the post up game...so he has less of a variety of ways to score.  Still gets it done because he's an absolute freak and his physical tools are superior... just not in as many ways.

Durant... doesn't have the strength or a post up game.  He's a shooter, who seemingly is always on.  He's amazing...but should that shot not be falling on a given night, and if he's not getting calls putting him on the line, you've drastically limited the ways he can score.

Kobe... he can do it all.  Perimeter, post up, everything.  His offensive repertoire is 
eek.gif
.  He lacks the size of the other 3 though, and with his age and injuries... he has to work for every single shot he gets.

Melo... like Kobe he can do it all.  Perimeter, postup, everything.  Too strong for 3's, too fast for bigs.  

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

Why is it annoying just because you don't understand?  Actually... what is so hard to understand?  
laugh.gif

Lebron doesn't have the footwork, the jumper, or the post up game...so he has less of a variety of ways to score.  Still gets it done because he's an absolute freak and his physical tools are superior... just not in as many ways.

Durant... doesn't have the strength or a post up game.  He's a shooter, who seemingly is always on.  He's amazing...but should that shot not be falling on a given night, and if he's not getting calls putting him on the line, you've drastically limited the ways he can score.

Kobe... he can do it all.  Perimeter, post up, everything.  His offensive repertoire is 
eek.gif
.  He lacks the size of the other 3 though, and with his age and injuries... he has to work for every single shot he gets.

Melo... like Kobe he can do it all.  Perimeter, postup, everything.  Too strong for 3's, too fast for bigs.  
This

laugh.gif

eek.gif

I'm not disputing this.

Nor am i disagreeing.

I just think it should be re-worded. Maybe say, Melo is the most complete offensive player. Because, it looks pretty easy for any superstar, mentioned above, to score at any given moment.
For example. LeBron may not possess the post skills or jumpshot, like Carmelo, but he is still able to score 29+ PPG. Same with Durant.

Basically what i'm tryna say is, Is it really "Easier" for him to score, or does he just have a more wide variety to be able to do so?

Originally Posted by MBen32

DMV is RNB wrote:

laugh.gif

eek.gif

I'm not disputing this.

Nor am i disagreeing.

I just think it should be re-worded. Maybe say, Melo is the most complete offensive player. Because, it looks pretty easy for any superstar, mentioned above, to score at any given moment.
For example. LeBron may not possess the post skills or jumpshot, like Carmelo, but he is still able to score 29+ PPG. Same with Durant.

Basically what i'm tryna say is, Is it really "Easier" for him to score, or does he just have a more wide variety to be able to do so?

Well he makes it look so effortless, so that's why he gets that title IMO.

Durant... doesn't have the strength or a post up game. He's a shooter, who seemingly is always on. He's amazing...but should that shot not be falling on a given night, and if he's not getting calls putting him on the line, you've drastically limited the ways he can score.

Watch a game. Durant has more dunks than all but 3 people in the entire NBA

laugh.gif

eek.gif

/thread

The only thing I would change on that list is Kobe's shot selection. Kobe takes more difficult/low-percentage shots than a lot of other superstars.

Just right for Devean George!

I always wonder why you post in big bold letters Executive. its as if we cant see your post
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MBen32

laugh.gif

eek.gif

I'm not disputing this.

Nor am i disagreeing.

if yo don't take it so literally it wont upset you. he makes it look so much easier than the other superstars. he scores effortlessly.

i agree w/ OP...if you look at his stats he shoots a lower FG% than Lebron, Wade and KD...and he only shoots 32% from behind the arc...

IMO the biggest difference is he does all his work in under 2 dribbles while LBJ, Kobe and Wade create all their shots off the dribble..

I get that he can score in many different ways, but i disagree with the statement. Lebron james is now the easiest scorer in the league. he doesn't have nearly as moves as Melo, but when he's looking to score, he does it easier than any other player in the league. He's the most difficult player in the league to defend from scoring when he's driving to the hole, and when u back up off of him too far, he's developed a decent jumper that he can hit with consistency

Back
Top Bottom