Most Disappointing Shoe based on performance vs. price?

For me it's the Foamposite Lite. For $150+ I was expecting something special or at least memorable. I loved all the previous foam incarnations (includingthe Lebron IV's) with the exception of the Ultraposites, but that might have been due to me getting a pair a full size larger than my normal size. But theFP Lite is about the most nondescript shoe for the price point I've ever had. I ordered them online and when they showed up, my first reaction was"[color= rgb(0, 153, 0)]Ehhh[/color]". After wearing them ( I know, I should'vejust returned them) I got a truly blase experience. Not much response, ultra flat midsole, lame traction and so so fit. About the only thing that stoodout was how they looked nearly new after 3 games. I haven't even considered putting them into my rotation,which is sad really. Anybody else buy a shoe to ball out in and come away utterly disappointed?

From my experiences:

Jordan XX2 - Poor court feel, transition and toe-off
XIX SE - Poor fit and support
Flightposite I - Poor fit, support, average traction
Reebok Question - Poor traction, fit and support
T-Mac 3 - Poor fit, way too much slippage

There are a lot of recent Nikes and Jordans I wouldn't even think about getting, mostly for the experience that you had. I say Nikes and Jordans becausethey tend to be priced higher than the other brands, and a lot of times any noticeable performance benefits are not worth it.

kobe1.jpg

i bought 2 of these. this colorway and the white and red. i wore them casually at first, they was aiight, but when i tried to play ball.........
smh.gif
couldnt even run in these. the heel was soft but the forefoot was firm. the midfoot support sucked. i felt like my middle of my foot was literally tearingon in the inside. it was horrible

2006-07-09_145933_lebron4.jpg

sometimes they would feel comfortable, and other times they would feel horribe. the inner booty kept slippin. and they have a high arch. sometimes i couldntfeel it, but if i tied the shoes tight then it would kill my feet.

FoamLites were horrible... The heel of the bootie kept slipping down whenever I jumped, annoying as hell

Kobe I's actually worked well for me, but the Lebron IV's are a great example.

Utilizing all kinds of top of the line technology and boasting a high price point, that shoe was just too heavy and bulky.

I would definitely agree with the Lebron IV's...

Kobe 1's are one of my favorite shoes ever to ball in though

yeah i know most people up here loved the kobe 1's

i wanted to burn them after i started to run in them. i couldnt even make it across halfcourt. and i was shootin hoops by myself

i couldn't get into the azk1s...
it just din't feel right playing in them
of course i got them for 30 from ross, so not too bad =]]

Jordan XX. Too high off the ground/poor court feel. Midfoot strap is redundant. Ankle strap is awkward.
Jordan XX1. Uneven cushioning at heel. Forefoot cushioning is unresponsive.
Jordan XX2. Uneven cushioning/unstable at heel.
Jordan XX3. Midsole too stiff. Ankle support lacking.

Originally Posted by DeezyVSOP

There are a lot of recent Nikes and Jordans I wouldn't even think about getting, mostly for the experience that you had. I say Nikes and Jordans because they tend to be priced higher than the other brands, and a lot of times any noticeable performance benefits are not worth it.

Oddly, i thought the XIX performs pretty well, otherwise i'm agreement with you.

the XIX jewel on the top of the thing rubs against my shin.

i guess carmelo socks are required.

Jordan XX3:
$240 CAD
Price is wack.
Midsole is STIFF at the toe box.
Cushioning was way too stiff
Sock liner is super thin and felt loose. I can wear a full size down.

Foamposite One/Pro:
$230 CAD
For something over $200, I'd expect more.
Way too heavy
extremely stiff through out.
No ventilation.

Hyperflight:
$200+ CAD
ZERO cusioning...feels like a Dunk or AJ1
Clumsy design, felt way too stiff at times and cut major corners in the support and comfort department to minimize weight.

Most of the Jordan retros suck for ball. And go for more than $200 CAD.

I'd say the best bang for my buck would be the
Hyperdunk $127 CAD
Kobe IV $150 CAD
Air Jordan XVI $179 CAD
Air Jordan XIV $179 CAD
and XIX SE $100 CAD (converted from PHP)

I actually wanted to play in the XIX's, but I never picked up a pair, so I can't speak.

I was referring to more recent stuff like Foam Lites, Hyperdunks, Jordan 2009's, those types of shoes.

I love playing in XX's, I actually think they have amazing court feel, by far the best implementation of the IPS. But the straps are pretty useless, and Idon't think they're worth anything close to retail.

But I didn't like my XXI Lows at all, way too firm and stiff.

The best value shoe for me has got to be Zoom BB Lows. My pair is still holding up and still plays well, just an awesome shoe that keeps it simple - which hasa lot to do with how well it performs.

Originally Posted by jordan supreme

Sorry, but both shoes are great for me. The IVs are tanks.

Originally Posted by andfattoo

Originally Posted by jordan supreme

Sorry, but both shoes are great for me. The IVs are tanks.
cosign...

love my bron ivs...

for me id go with

Foam Lites... just sold my pair...
Huarache 2k4...yea i said it, no cushioning at all in my pair at least
xx3

Originally Posted by Guerrilla Warfare

J2Legend wrote:
Foamposite One:

Extremely stiff through out.
Indeed....
tired.gif

I thought i was i the only one that felt that way........ alot of people always talk about how comfortable they are..... and they werent even inmy 10 ten due to the lack of cushioning to me.

Jordan XX did not fit me right, and felt the same way about the kobe I until I went half a size down and now they are one of my all time favs.

Back
Top Bottom