Most Overrated "Legend" In Music.

When I said Jay I meant from a purely rapping standpoint I cant deny son got hits and made an impact but as an MC and lyrically he is not the legend people think he is

I kinda agree with people saying BIG was overrated too

Too many hurt feelings in here.
laugh.gif

Bob Dylan and Neil Young..And if you can even call him a legend, 2Pac..Never saw the big deal in any of the three..

Neil Young and Bob Dylan both had unconventional voices but are considered legends because of their song writing ability.

I've been listening to this so much over the last week.

I won't speak on Tupac because around here you get chastised for not liking him.

I don't like Kurt Cobain either.

When I said Jay I meant from a purely rapping standpoint I cant deny son got hits and made an impact but as an MC and lyrically he is not the legend people think he is

I kinda agree with people saying BIG was overrated too
Don't let charisma fool you. 

That used to not matter.

Jay-Z is one of the nicest to ever pic up a microphone.

Bob Dylan.

Great song writer but one of the worst voices ever especially when he got older
Snoop Dogg. Homie hasn't had a good album since "The Blue Carpet Treatment".
Never liked much from Snoop
Mines is KRS One, good but extremely overrated rapper and wasnt better than the other greats of his era who get much less credit like Kool G Rap, Lord Finesse, Masta Ace, Rakim, Big Daddy Kane & also he engaged in one of the most pointless & dumb rap beefs against Nelly and made some really corny songs to diss that bum smh

This thread is making me lose hope for humanity. Bob Marley overrated? 2pac not lyrical? BIG's 2 albums being a knock? Y'all can't be surrous.

This thread is making me lose hope for humanity. Bob Marley overrated? 2pac not lyrical? BIG's 2 albums being a knock? Y'all can't be surrous.
You noticed no one tripped off the Lauryn Hill nod though... 
nerd.gif

We at least got that one right.

When did I ever say my opinion of music of fact?! In fact I even stated "IMO"....you are way too emotional regarding the subject matter. I think Pac has classic songs but not albums..if you don't agree then you don't agree its not that serious just as long as you know your last post/opinion doesn't mean a damn thing either.

:lol: dawg i don't know what your idea of emotional is, but whatever.
i said it's not fact because you said you felt people liked him more because of his image and not his music and he doesn't have classic albums. you're basically making a generalization for why OTHER people like the dude. idc if you like him, why would i? i'm just saying because YOU don't think his music is cause for the legend tag, doesn't mean a lot of other people don't.

If BIG, Pac, and Jay-Z are overrated, who isn't?  Why don't we just say rap as a genre is overrated if we're taking it that far?

Someone could make those points and I am not "bashing" anyone. But I personally think Marley was lyrically amazing but I don't think Pac was...I wouldn't classify Pac as lyrical at all. Good rapper but not lyrical. I think Pac's legendary status is heavily based on many adoring his "Thug Life" image whereas I think Marley's music due to his great lyricism and strong body of work overally really connects with people. Marley's legendary status is not heavily based on his image IMO.
you just a bob marley fan, shut the eff up.

If BIG, Pac, and Jay-Z are overrated, who isn't?  Why don't we just say rap as a genre is overrated if we're taking it that far?
Read the thread title its overrated legends so when comparing them to other LEGENDS you should be able to see why someone would believe Jay or Pac or BIG would be overrated

Aint nobody in here saying wiz khalifa is overrated because he not a legend

Wait since when was Jay not lyrical? That's what he's known for. He got professors breaking his **** down, c'mon guys.

Do yal know how old Pac was when he died? Like 23 24 or something and the things he wrote. The movement he was starting. Its amazing. I feel like you have to consider Pac a legend.

Read the thread title its overrated legends so when comparing them to other LEGENDS you should be able to see why someone would believe Jay or Pac or BIG would be overrated

Aint nobody in here saying wiz khalifa is overrated because he not a legend
But who are the other legends in rap that we can compare BIG, Pac, and Jay to that they would be overrated?  They are THE legends.  I mean, who's left?
Pun and Ice Cube

idk if you consider Ice Cube a legend though
I quit.  I seriously hate this entire conversation.

Back
Top Bottom