Most Overrated "Legend" In Music.

The Marley drop in here just ruined any shred of credibility OP thought he had.

Marley MADE reggae what it is.

And if you don't appreciate Reggae, just say so and we'll be done with this. 

Dudes wouldn't have the goddamn stoner culture visual cues without people like Marley to look up to.

Marley transcends music. I honestly wonder if he had lived to be older if he would have become an elder jamaican statesman. 

Nobody is boxing them in to those categories but when it comes to music I think they should at least incorporate those two categories as well.

Agree that those 2 should be considered but then again, it's more than just those categories. For me, the impact to society/pop culture itself bears more weight.

And :smh: at the one who said Ice Cube ain't a legend.

Go ahead and speak on Tupack..Dude is so overrated..If he was still alive today he wouldn't be thought of nearly as fondly as he is..I've heard a bunch of rappers say they like him, but very rarely have I heard many rappers. outside or even inside the the West Coast, say he was a big influence..And that's what makes a legend..A legend has to have a musical and social impact, and I just don't think Pack had either one..He realisticaly wasn't a great lyricist, I don't ever remember him being applauded for his writing ability, he didn't do any of his own beats that I'm aware of and he only made 1 really good album..All that adds up to a rapper that had a pretty good career, but not a legendary one..

:x
the 1 album thing is opinion...but the social and musical impact thing...you have to be trolling.

Last edited:
71KR

Word.

Gonna be some blatant disrespect in here. :lol:

:lol: i started to type and was just like... naaaaaah this thread is nothing but trouble

Came in here first name I saw was Bob Marley realized it was all down hill from there :smh:

Bob Dylan and Neil Young..And if you can even call him a legend, 2Pac..Never saw the big deal in any of the three..
LOL! I understand it's your opinion, but I have to disagree. Bob Dylan is the poster child of the 60's. Ask any old cat that was into the folk movement Bob Dylan started and they will tell you he was something else. A revolutionary act. Everybody wanted to be Bob Dylan during the 60's. Ask jimi if you don't believe me. Bob Dylan was held in the highest regards and he never disappointed with his albums. Blonde on Blonde took him elsewhere breh. Classics upon classics. Blonde on Blonde probably had the highest social impact out of his whole discography.

inb4 blah blah blah blah.....

Anyone saying Bob Marley is a ******g idiot. Don't sully that man's name by posting it in here. Do your research and understand the impact he made on the world.

:x
the 1 album thing is opinion...but the social and musical impact thing...you have to be trolling.

No you have to be trollin..Tell me what musical impact he had?..He didn't start gangsta rap, he didn't start west coast rap, and in all honesty isn't even the best rapper from his own coast, he didn't start some specific style or progress a certain style, so you tell me where his musical impact is?..While you're at it tell me what his social impact was?..What was it, getting shot and surviving or maybe talking smack about other rappers and hiding behind Suge and his thugs?..Tupac will go down as a big player in E vs. W and that wasn't a positive social thing so you tell me what his mark that he left on the world?

First person I thought of. I heard what everyone else did. Its just not as great as people make it out to be.

wont say he's the MOST overrated but B.I.G. is up there...
just never heard what what other people did.

:lol: WTF? The most quoted rapper by far is overrated? How many rappers you see copy everything from his lyrics to his style? This is exactly why I try not to argue about rap anymore. So much stupidity is spewed its amazing.

Ice Cube not a legend? Jay-Z overrated? This cant be life.

Bob Dylan however, Jesus Christ does he suck.

Last edited:
The Beatles. I will never understand the hype that surrounds them. Their songs ain even all that.

I was probably about 13-16 when Biggie was poppin' and would have argued just about anybody to the death on

why Biggie > Tupac THEN.  However, my opinion of Biggie NOW isn't relative to any other artist, just Biggie alone.  I can still enjoy his music, just from a different perspective than that of my 14 year old self.  To say he's overrated doesn't mean he wasn't good.  He is heralded by many as the greatest lyricist/MC of all time, and that is the rating I personally disagree with.  To me he was witty, but nothing really substantive about a lot of it...

I feel like that claim has been largely inflated by his untimely death.

No you have to be trollin..Tell me what musical impact he had?..He didn't start gangsta rap, he didn't start west coast rap, and in all honesty isn't even the best rapper from his own coast, he didn't start some specific style or progress a certain style, so you tell me where his musical impact is?..While you're at it tell me what his social impact was?..What was it, getting shot and surviving or maybe talking smack about other rappers and hiding behind Suge and his thugs?..Tupac will go down as a big player in E vs. W and that wasn't a positive social thing so you tell me what his mark that he left on the world?

I seriously hope you're under the age of twelve

I seriously hope you're under the age of twelve

Sorry broski I'm 34..I remember when pac first came out..I remember him dancing around in videos with Humpty and doing weak verses on the soundtrack to A CHEVY CHASE MOVIE!..I've never thought he was that great, I've always thought his rhymes were on the average side, and I've always felt like the only reason he's as hyped up as he is is because he got murdered at a young age..Sorry if I've offended your rap hero but thats my opinion and Im stickin' to it..I'm audi 5000..

some of yall seriously need to post who you feel is legendary status cause i dont understand any of the logic in here..

The Beatles - I can't dance to that ****

Red Hot Chilli Peppers - only decent song they made was californication

Michael Jackson - if he came out today he wouldn't sell

Bob Marley - nobody can understand what he's saying

Prince - he wore blouses

Back
Top Bottom