Most Overrated "Legend" In Music.

Michael Jackson - if he came out today he wouldn't sell

lol i was waiting for this one. we can lock this BS up now

now people are psychic? what does that even mean he wouldn't sell. you losers act like you know the industry like that. the fact is he spoke to a generation, a certain time. maybe you are right, maybe he wouldn't sell.. and maybe its about perfect timing. did you ever think about where music is at at certain times through history? or maybe you cant grasp that concept because you are 15.. kids these days.. when i read stuff like this i completely understand why people are greedy with what they have because no one understands the value of hard work. not to mention the dude donated hundreds of millions of his money to better causes.. nothings ever good enough now a days i guess..

1. Code:
The Beatles - I can't dance to that ****
Red Hot Chilli Peppers - only decent song they made was californication
Michael Jackson - if he came out today he wouldn't sell
Prince - he wore blouses

I hope you joking?

Some of y'all are some ducks I swear.....:smh:

Mozart- that **** don't beat coming thru my 12's

Elvis - only famous because he died, and a ******g sandwich

That dude from Nirvana - he's only famous because he off'd himself

Motown as a whole - Cash money > Motown

Any dude saying Bob Marley has gotta be out of their mind...have you really listened to Bob Marley?

Any artist who writes/sings about injustice, and the social ills of society will definitely go down as a legend because he influenced countless imitators, and he ushered in reggae to the mainstream. He was honest and true to the Rastafarian movement.

I think people are quick to call someone a legend based off record sales...

I believe legends should transcend the music...and Marley did that.

damn how is bob marley and micheal jackson even mentioned in this convo...I can definitely agree with the Beatles statement though.

No you have to be trollin..Tell me what musical impact he had?..He didn't start gangsta rap, he didn't start west coast rap, and in all honesty isn't even the best rapper from his own coast, he didn't start some specific style or progress a certain style, so you tell me where his musical impact is?..While you're at it tell me what his social impact was?..What was it, getting shot and surviving or maybe talking smack about other rappers and hiding behind Suge and his thugs?..Tupac will go down as a big player in E vs. W and that wasn't a positive social thing so you tell me what his mark that he left on the world?

:lol: :lol:

as for a specific style, the whole "multifaceted thug" steez. that wasn't him? what about the 50 Cents of the world? the Ja Rule's of the world? Pac directly influenced them. all the tattoos? dude was also loved by everyone from Tony Danza to Madonna. as far as social impact for a musician it's all about what they bring awareness to and inspire in their fans. he inspired and brought awareness to the government's social injustices and what comes from it, not a new idea, but not a popular idea in rap. He was a public speaker and advocate for the bettering of black people as whole. Better schools, better communities, gang peace. Nobody said he was MLK or Malcolm X. but as a RAPPER, these things make him legendary. and **** what YOU talkin about, everything from Keep Ya Head Up to Dear Mama to So Many Tears was some GREAT music.

Mozart- that **** don't beat coming thru my 12's
Elvis - only famous because he died, and a ******g sandwich
That dude from Nirvana - he's only famous because he off'd himself
Motown as a whole - Cash money > Motown

Jimi Hendix got famous from ruining the National Anthem and setting his guitar on fire. All these clowns had tired gimmicks. :smh: Let's bury these so called legacies. #WOOPSWAG :smokin

I honestly gotta say the Beetles.... I mean, maybe because I don't know what Rock sounded like BEFORE them.... but WHY are they so cool again?? I listen to their music and it doesn't move me. They don't sound very much different from other white rock and roll bands from that time period.

I take the 'Stones over them any day.

Honestly, and I'm sure this will sound incredibly racist... but a lot of heralded old white men I don't see the big fuss over. Bob Dylan... Neil Young...Elvis (BLATANTLY ripped off a sound and everybody still gives him a super pass). They can't sing, the music doesn't move me, and the lyrics are cool but I mean I listened to Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, and Donny Hathaway (to name a few) and the lyrics were just as deep/insightful but they could also sing and had music I could groove to. Is it because they had cool personas or something???

I seriously want to know WHY.... no troll. Help me understand.

Honestly, and I'm sure this will sound incredibly racist... but a lot of heralded old white men I don't see the big fuss over. Bob Dylan... Neil Young...Elvis (BLATANTLY ripped off a sound and everybody still gives him a super pass). They can't sing, the music doesn't move me, and the lyrics are cool but I mean I listened to Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, and Donny Hathaway (to name a few) and the lyrics were just as deep/insightful but they could also sing and had music I could groove to. Is it because they had cool personas or something???

I seriously want to know WHY.... no troll. Help me understand.

Welcome to American Imperialism.

Songs on the radio changed after Like A Rolling Stone came out for better or worse. Bob Dylan enters his 50th year of making music in September by the way.

Talbert

:lol: :lol:
as for a specific style, the whole "multifaceted thug" steez. that wasn't him? what about the 50 Cents of the world? the Ja Rule's of the world? Pac directly influenced them. all the tattoos? dude was also loved by everyone from Tony Danza to Madonna. as far as social impact for a musician it's all about what they bring awareness to and inspire in their fans. he inspired and brought awareness to the government's social injustices and what comes from it, not a new idea, but not a popular idea in rap. He was a public speaker and advocate for the bettering of black people as whole. Better schools, better communities, gang peace. Nobody said he was MLK or Malcolm X. but as a RAPPER, these things make him legendary. and **** what YOU talkin about, everything from Keep Ya Head Up to Dear Mama to So Many Tears was some GREAT music.

Are you really trying to make dude out to be some kind of martyr?..I'm done..

:lol: dawg i don't know what your idea of emotional is, but whatever.
i said it's not fact because you said you felt people liked him more because of his image and not his music and he doesn't have classic albums. you're basically making a generalization for why OTHER people like the dude. idc if you like him, why would i? i'm just saying because YOU don't think his music is cause for the legend tag, doesn't mean a lot of other people don't.

LOL still I never said it was a fact and honestly I have heard numerous people mention Pac's image when it comes to justifying his greatness. Do I think all Pac fans think this way? No but I have heard a good amount of people saying it.

Clearly here you are just making assumptions about what I feel about Pac fans. I don't understand how someone states something is their opinion but you read those exact words and then say the person is speaking is though its fact.

Neil Young and Bob Dylan both had unconventional voices but are considered legends because of their song writing ability.
I won't speak on Tupac because around here you get chastised for not liking him.
I don't like Kurt Cobain either.[/quote
I hear ya on the Young/Dylan thing..Their songwriting abilities are very well deserved, but like you I think their voices are just terrible..Especially Dylan..I've heard tons of songs by him cause my mom likes him and would play his songs when I was growing up, so I can form my opinion of of hearing alot of his music, and dudes voice is so bad you can barely understand his lyrics..
Go ahead and speak on Tupack..Dude is so overrated..If he was still alive today he wouldn't be thought of nearly as fondly as he is..I've heard a bunch of rappers say they like him, but very rarely have I heard many rappers. outside or even inside the the West Coast, say he was a big influence..And that's what makes a legend..A legend has to have a musical and social impact, and I just don't think Pack had either one..He realisticaly wasn't a great lyricist, I don't ever remember him being applauded for his writing ability, he didn't do any of his own beats that I'm aware of and he only made 1 really good album..All that adds up to a rapper that had a pretty good career, but not a legendary one..
And Kurt Cobain has got to be THE MOST OVERRATED "ARTIST" OF THE LAST 20 YEARS..Even more so than 2Pic..

WOW

this was the stupidest thing i have ever read.. :rofl:

worst thread EVER
pretty much..

biggie, BOB ??? Hov?? 

lol..literally 90% of the music i listen to in 2012 come from these three...shame...

now, its blasphemous to say big and hov, but depending on your age, location, race, and other things..i can understand it, almost...

but bob? BOB MARLEY?? nd to see multiple NTers say it...disgusting...dudes really cant be outta high school yet...

bob marley man...

not only did the man make genuinely good music, IT ACTUALLY STOOD FOR SOMETHING!! IT WAS LITERALLY DEEPER THAN MUSIC!!

smh@ todays youth....yall disgust me...

..... I take that back about the Beatles... Didn't realize most of the songs I like by them are from their later, more experimental years. Their social commentary was amazing and John Lennon and Paul McCartney could ACTUALLY sing, and the music sounds good. Had a nice little groove to it.

I don't even listen to them and I know the Beatles changed the game EVEN if you look at HOW they recorded music. I mean damn. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom