Most overrated player in the NBA

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Well... it seems like I took it up a couple notches with you taking it out of context and highlight, bold, italicize, and underlining it.

Anyways, if you can't see why people might compare Kobe to Jordan you not obviously aren't considering the facts and the stats Kobe has put up throughout his career.

Nobody since Kobe has even came close to sniffing Jordan's legacy, and he's still got years to go.

Is he better than Jordan? Heck no. But you'd be a fool not to see a link between these two people.

That deserves a least a comparison.

I'm not here to argue with you, but they are very similar in terms of physical "talent" (understand the difference between talent &skill) & and playing style.... that's about all I can see to be honest...... and this is me comparing him to the 95-98 Jordan.....

Originally Posted by NBAdotcom

Go kill yourself.

roll.gif

ada359c1eb9fc931d9bfb637f962fd9e256b2fd.jpg

No, I'm not mad. Perhaps I was out of line.

Still doesn't make up for lack of logic with some arguments I read around here.
Carry on, nothing to see here...

531 wrote:
roll.gif
Kind of ironic that you claim someone is overrated due to others hyping him up when you regard the Phoenix Suns as God's gift to mankind. Amare is better than Garnett, Nash is better than Kidd, blah blah blah. You have no basketball knowledge whatsoever.
Please shutup and realize that the Suns are going NOWHERE this year and are NEVER going to win a championship, at least in the near future. Fakers SG #24 has 3 championships, compared to the Sun's 0. I bet you're not even going to reply to this, and if you do, you'll probably say "*Insert scrub that was a part of a Championship team* has a ring, so he's better than the Nash, Amare etc.?"

You bring up a completely irrelevant argument.
I never once brought up anything regarding Nash, Amare, or any member of the Suns.

I said that because people compare him to MJ, Fakers #24 is overrated. Period.

I did acknowledge that he has been a part of three championship teams. I also acknowledged that he was not the LEADER on those teams, as MJ was the LEADER ofSIX championship teams - so you really can't compare HIS championships to Michael Jordan's championships.

Not once in that argument did I make any reference to any member of the Phoenix Suns organization - past or present.

I am fully aware that the Suns have not won any championships. I just don't know what the @$%% that has to do with every @!@#*%! post I make and why halfthe people on here feel some deep down need to bring it up during a discussion that is has no relevance in.

That, my friend, is the definition of TROLLING. Bringing up a completely irrelevant topic JUST TO CAUSE TROUBLE.

I think Pierce is overrated. I've watched many Boston games and I've failed to see what makes him an all-star player.

Anyways, if you can't see why people might compare Kobe to Jordan you not obviously aren't considering the facts and the stats Kobe has put up throughout his career.

Nobody since Kobe has even came close to sniffing Jordan's legacy, and he's still got years to go.

Is he better than Jordan? Heck no. But you'd be a fool not to see a link between these two people.

That deserves a least a comparison.
Wow, you're kidding, right?
How, exactly does Fakers #24 come close to "sniffing Jordan's legacy"

There have been PLENTY of guys in the NBA that have scored lots of points.

Just because some dude comes in and attempts to copy MJ's mannerisims on the court, interview style and speech patterns off the court, doesn't mean he's anywhere near being mentioned in the same breath as MJ.

Wait until he leads a team to ONE championship, much less SIX.
Not to mention he couldn't hold MJ's jock straphanes on or off the court when it comes to leadership and class.

WOW... you are such a hater. It is unbelievable how people base arguments on only one side of facts and statistics.

We're done with this. Go start a hate Kobe thread if you want to continue.

Luke Walton is overrated.

Shawn Marion is overrated

Ginobli is overrated

Nash can't defend. Definitely overrated

Dirk is not a closer. He is overrated

531 wrote:
roll.gif
Kind of ironic that you claim someone is overrated due to others hyping him up when you regard the Phoenix Suns as God's gift to mankind. Amare is better than Garnett, Nash is better than Kidd, blah blah blah. You have no basketball knowledge whatsoever.
Please shutup and realize that the Suns are going NOWHERE this year and are NEVER going to win a championship, at least in the near future. Fakers SG #24 has 3 championships, compared to the Sun's 0. I bet you're not even going to reply to this, and if you do, you'll probably say "*Insert scrub that was a part of a Championship team* has a ring, so he's better than the Nash, Amare etc.?"

You bring up a completely irrelevant argument.
I never once brought up anything regarding Nash, Amare, or any member of the Suns.

I said that because people compare him to MJ, Fakers #24 is overrated. Period.

I did acknowledge that he has been a part of three championship teams. I also acknowledged that he was not the LEADER on those teams, as MJ was the LEADER of SIX championship teams - so you really can't compare HIS championships to Michael Jordan's championships.

Not once in that argument did I make any reference to any member of the Phoenix Suns organization - past or present.

I am fully aware that the Suns have not won any championships. I just don't know what the @$%% that has to do with every @!@#*%! post I make and why half the people on here feel some deep down need to bring it up during a discussion that is has no relevance in.

That, my friend, is the definition of TROLLING. Bringing up a completely irrelevant topic JUST TO CAUSE TROUBLE.

It's relevant because you constantly claim that the Suns are an incredible basketball machine, and that Nash and Amare are the better players than Kiddand Garnett who are obviously better than those two will ever be. That is what "overrated" means, and that is why I brought it up.

I agree that Kobe is overrated, but only on NT. In overrated, I mean that you have Kobe stans claiming he is better than MJ. That's nonsense, but Kobe isstill the best player in the game right now. I don't know why you have a man-crush on Kobe, you must be real salty that he has more rings than your belovedSuns will ever hope to get.

WOW... you are such a hater. It is unbelievable how people base arguments on only one side of facts and statistics
K2theAblaM wrote:

It is unbelievable how people base arguments on only one side of facts and statistics

roll.gif

Baron Davis...that dude is a cancer. this fat lazy bum stay chucking 3's
Monta Ellis...really? this little kid is a bum
Kevin Garnett...dude has no heart like my man ZoDogg said. What the !%@% is Boston doing not starting Powe instead
indifferent.gif
. he is the future of the Celtics, yetDoc rivers old blind **% doesn't see it. KG is just gonna choke come playoff time

Originally Posted by TrillipinoTrapstar

LOL and SMH at what this thread has turned into.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

what did you expect man?

It doesn't surprise me anymore..... That's the way NT is when it comes to NBA basketball discussions
laugh.gif
tired.gif

at least from what I've seen here on NT college basketball/football & NFL discussions are almost always legit discussions, unlike NBA discussions
tired.gif

brandon-731192.jpg

This year Brandon Roy has taken the most overrated player title. I'm still in shock that they let him into the all-star game. The Trailblazers aren'teven going to make the playoffs but analysts swear this guy is the best leader in the NBA. Everyone just completely ignores Aldridge, Outlaw and Webster'sdevelopment. Please tell me how he isn't overrated.

WOW... you are such a hater. It is unbelievable how people base arguments on only one side of facts and statistics
K2theAblaM wrote:

It is unbelievable how people base arguments on only one side of facts and statistics

roll.gif

Slow down soldier... allow me to rephrase that.

ahem.... Stephen Nash is a terrific basketball player. He excels tremendously in various aspects of basketball including scoring and passing. Additionally,he has grown to become the leader of the Phoenix Sun's during his time with the organization. He has won two consecutive NBA Most Valuable Player titlesalong with various assists titles.

There is however, the question of his ability to defend his opponent and lead his team through the Western Conference finals. These points raise greatconcern in the validity of his NBA MVP titles, as there were many worthy rivals deserving of this award. He is therefore considered an overrated player, as heis given too much credit and praise for an incomplete, albeit competent level of basketball.

Originally Posted by the PGA tour

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Take your pick...

Celtics700.jpg

Scrubs.

indifferent.gif

Just stop. HOF

HOF? u mean kg and just kg rigiht?

I think KG gets in.

I think PP and Jesus NEEDS a ring maybe 2 to get in.

When Ray Allen beats every record Reggie Miller holds, then he will get in.

This year Brandon Roy has taken the most overrated player title. I'm still in shock that they let him into the all-star game. The Trailblazers aren't even going to make the playoffs but analysts swear this guy is the best leader in the NBA. Everyone just completely ignores Aldridge, Outlaw and Webster's development. Please tell me how he isn't overrated.
I'm not sure if you're serious since I'm not sure if ur pulling a McFloppy, but I agree to an extent...he's great and has greatpotential in the future, but right now he's not anywhere near the top guards in the West, let alone the NBA. He didn't deserve the all-star spot thisyear, this guy with a beard did.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

We talk about the knowledge of football on NT...

but I'm seriously wondering if a majority of people

a) know the game

b) watch any games

Word...

KG

Ray Allen

Brandon Roy

Jason Kidd

Manu Ginolbli

Bunch of Idiots in here...

Just remember...There is a big difference between overHYPED and overRATED.....Kobe is overHYPED but not overRATED....

Are you kidding me? It was Wade's performances alone that carried the Heat over the Mavs in the finals. Plus he's been injured a lot so you got to givethe man his time to get back into things.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by allen3xis

We talk about the knowledge of football on NT...

but I'm seriously wondering if a majority of people

a) know the game

b) watch any games

Word...

KG

Ray Allen

Brandon Roy

Jason Kidd

Manu Ginolbli

Bunch of Idiots in here...

Just remember...There is a big difference between overHYPED and overRATED.....Kobe is overHYPED but not overRATED....

Just curious as to how he's overhyped. Is he not the best player in the game today? I'd expect nothing less from a Criminole.
laugh.gif
Wade, KG, Ray, etc. are not overated they have and in some cases still arelegit superstars in this league so I don't think you can call them overrated at all. A Finals MVP can't be overrated, overhyped, yes crowing him thegreatest after a monsterous performance in the NBA Finals, and arguably one of the best PF of all time isn't overrated, nor is the 2nd best 3 point shooterin league history. And I'm just gonna put this to whoever put J. Kidd on the list
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

Baron Davis...that dude is a cancer. this fat lazy bum stay chucking 3's
Monta Ellis...really? this little kid is a bum
Kevin Garnett...dude has no heart like my man ZoDogg said. What the !%@% is Boston doing not starting Powe instead
indifferent.gif
. he is the future of the Celtics, yet Doc rivers old blind **% doesn't see it. KG is just gonna choke come playoff time

ahh man, i came into this to drop a response on something else, but got sidetracked by this response
laugh.gif
, so nevermind, im out, this is not the post for me buddy
laugh.gif
...i mean, cmon, dude said start powe over garnett. geez. bye.

Back
Top Bottom