Most Successful Team Out Of All 4 Major Sports This Decade

Discussion in 'Sports & Training' started by cedric ceballos 1995 lakers, Dec 19, 2009.

1. cedric ceballos 1995 lakers

cedric ceballos 1995 lakers Banned

The decade is all but over and there will be no more championship series or championship games played this decade so it might as well be the time to post this.

Here's my list of teams in each of the sports that won either a bunch of titles this decade or were very consistent year in year out.

NFL
    1. Patriots
    2. Steelers
    3. Colts

MLB
    1. Yankees
    2. Red Sox

3. Cardinals

NHL
    1. Red Wings
    2. Devils

NBA
    1. Lakers
    2. Spurs

If going strictly by titles alone I would say the Lakers were the team of the decade, if going by consistency I would crown the Spurs or Patriots because theywon titles this decade and they were very consistent at being competetive each year.

Post your picks. No homerism

2. jumpmanjordanaddict89

jumpmanjordanaddict89

thats about right^

NCAA (FTBLL):

USC
    FLORIDA

3. Mister Meaner

Mister Meaner formerly super producer j

NFL..................Belichick

NBA.................Spurs, simply because every year they are in the hunt, while the Lakers fell off for a couple seasons.

MLB.................Sox.

4. do be doo

do be doo Banned

Really?
    [​IMG][​IMG]

5. naija nitemare

naija nitemare

^says the homer

6. cedric ceballos 1995 lakers

nothing else needs to be said....[​IMG]

not knowing how to read ftl

if were going strictly by titles alone tell me who has the most titles this decade out of the 4 major sports.

funny how you didn't put in bold the part where said your beloved spurs get the crown if were going off of consistency and being competetive year in yearout though.

if its just between the Lakers and Spurs though and its success, titles, and consistency combined, you have to be a fool to pick the spurs though.

4 titles > 3

and the spurs are 1-4 against the lakers in the playoffs this decade.

7. carlos tevez

carlos tevez

I think that the Lakers are the North American team of the decade.

1. Lakers. 6 finals appearances and 4 titles. The last 2 finals appearances have been with almost a completely different team other than Kobe, Fisher and CoachJackson.

2. Patriots. 3 titles and 4 Super Bowl appearances in maybe the most competitive league in North America.

3. Spurs. 3 titles in 3 finals appearances. They may have had more if it wasn't for the Lakers.

4. Detroit Red Wings. They've been legit contenders in every single year this decade. It's crazy that they only won 2 Stanley Cups since 2000.

5. Yankees. 4 WS appearances and 2 titles.

8. addictedtofreshkicks

addictedtofreshkicks

NFL- New England Patriots
    NHL- Detroit Red Wings
    NBA- Los Angeles Lakers
    MLB- New York Yankees

All of these teams are THE model franchise in their respective sports. Especially the Red Wings. Every team in the NHL tries to construct their team likeDetroit does.

9. cedric ceballos 1995 lakers

^

its crazy how the red wings have been so good ever since the early 1990's they've had the best record in hockey or one of the top records each yearsince the early 1990's

10. proshares

proshares

Most consistent might have to go to the Detroit Red Wings and I despise them:

2000 - 108 points 4th in WC
    2001 - 111 points 2nd in WC
    2002 - 116 points 1st in WC
    2003 - 110 points 2nd in WC
    2004 - 109 points 1st in WC
    2006 - 124 points 1st in WC
    2007 - 113 points 1st in WC
    2008 - 115 points 1st in WC
    2009 - 112 points 2nd in WC

Add 2 Stanley Cups to that resume. Never finished lower than 2nd after the 2000 season. An amazing run.

11. shaunhillftw49

shaunhillftw49

MLB- Red Sox
    NFL- Patriots
    NBA- Lakers
    NHL- Wings
    MLS- Galaxy[​IMG]

12. MLS: SJ Earthquakes [​IMG]

13. nycknicks105

nycknicks105

This

14. shaunhillftw49

shaunhillftw49

[​IMG]Shea Salinas>
    Edit: Whoa he plays for Philly didn;t even know they had a team.

15. mister friendly

mister friendly

Out of all 4 sports. I'd have to say the Patriots
    [​IMG]

3 Super Bowl Champions, 4 Super Bowl appearances. And they did this in the ulitmate team sport, you cant just have one great player and win championships inthe NFL. The Lakers and Spurs would be tied for 2nd because the Lakers fell of hard for like 3 years.

16. [​IMG]

17. longrange3ball

longrange3ball

the lakeshow didn't fall that hard... only 1 missed playoff season. They manage to stay competitive in a sense that they were in the playoffs during those"down" years.

Even the yanks and the pats missed the playoffs once this decade.

Just sayin'

18. mister friendly

mister friendly

Yeah I guess in sense they didnt fall off that hard but in the NBA just because you make the playoffs it doesnt mean you're good.
    The Lakers had a 49 percent winning pct during their 3 consective down years.

19. darth dnzy

darth dnzy

--Being "in the hunt" isnt getting things done. 4 > 3. Last time I checked.
    --Dudes cant even win a back to back.

20. lightweight champion

lightweight champion

But they are the San Antonio Spurs, where up until last year "Every other year is an odd year" happens.

That being said my picks look like this...

NBA
    1. Spurs - Sure, they have one less title than the Lakers, but they haven't missed the playoffs in the entire Tim Duncan Era. Whereas the Lakers missedone and the two seasons before '08 they were eliminated in the first round twice by the same team that San Antonio eliminated.
    2. Lakers - The three season dropoff from '04/'05-'06/'07 was the deciding factor here.
    3. Pistons - Won the title in '04 en route to knocking off the Nets as the Beast of the East. They stayed there for the 5 seasons, making that a grandtotal of six straight Conference Finals appearances and two NBA Finals appearances.

NFL
    1. Colts - I'll catch a lot of flack for this because they've only won one Super Bowl this decade, but they do have the most wins of any NFL team. 114 and counting, and they have probably the least blitzed quarterback to ever play the game.
    2. Patriots - Yes, they have 3 Super Bowl titles. Yes, they are the second most successful team as far as wins is concerned. But Spygate cost them the topspot in my eyes. Would they have beaten the Rams without the tape? Who knows. Also, it's my sincere belief that the Patriots don't start theirmodern day dynasty if it weren't for the "Tuck Rule".
    3. Steelers - Put an asterisk next to the first Super Bowl all you want but there's no doubting the second one. This team is the epitome of success. Great owners who believe in their coaches and their system. In a day and age where coaches come and go, this franchise has only had 3 since the 1970s and havebeen very successful for the last 30+ years.

Honorable Mention:
    - Eagles

MLB
    1. Yankees - Two World Series titles. 13 consecutive division titles. There isn't really anything else that needs to be said.
    2. Red Sox - Two World Series titles. Always a tough out in the playoffs.
    3. Cardinals - Won the World Series despite having won only 83 games in the regular season and being serious underdogs against the Tigers. The Cards continueto dominate the NL Central and will likely do so as long as Pujols is wearing their jersey.

NHL
    1. Red Wings - Do I really have to explain?
    2. Devils - Not quite what they used to be but they do have 2 Stanley Cups this decade and continually make the playoffs.
    3. Avalanche - Had the lockout not taken place I think we would've seen them against the Red Wings a lot more, these two were basically annual locks tomake it to the Conference Finals.

21. danikerhino

danikerhino

Cosign. Pats are the NFL team of the decade.

22. riverxbear

riverxbear Banned

i still dont see how the pistons didnt win more than 1 chip

NHL Wings
    NFL i hate them with everything inside of me but the pats. hopefully there run is over.
    NBA Spurs .
    MLB Yanks.

and in the 2010s - cowboys word to da 90s

23. 951guero

951guero

[​IMG]

24. blastamasta8

blastamasta8

Exactly. Not to mention 6 Finals appearances. The Lakers also beat the Spurs more times in the head to head match ups in the playoffs.

25. cedric ceballos 1995 lakers

the lakers beat the spurs 4 out of 5 times in the playoffs this year. dominating the 2001 wcf, and winning the 2002 and 2008 wcf convincingly as well. thatputs the lakers above the spurs in my opinion.