Mother arrested after leaving 2 children in vehicle while she went for job interview

I don't think you'll ever understand until you've had to struggle. Like really struggle.

I feel you bro. Its a WHOLE other struggle when you have kids/Dependants involved. My sister has 3. 7,5 and 1 and recently divorced from a military husband and I see her struggle to adjust with help with the kids.

I know I don't like kids so my 1 son is more than enough.lol I'll wait on the grands 1 day when I'm a Lil more relaxed.

Nah I feel you man.

What I meant is how do you know she could have afforded to do that. She's homeless.

Bruh somebody somewhere is willing to pay $20-$30 for a BJ. That's enough for a babysitter for an hour and 1/2 or so.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
Who is getting these women pregnant?

back on topic:

If she left the kids in the car for an interview than who is going to watch the kids before her first check?

There should be no reason to leave small childern in a car.

This

Rough...the kids were too young tho to justify in my eyes.

but i feel for her and the struggle she is having.

I mean you dont know what her life was like before she became homeless. They probably live in the car
Also what job is gonna look at you in a good light if you bring your kids in with you?
And also a felony for doing that? Is it a felony in other places?

Last edited:
I mean theres alot of different variables to this. Maybe shes been frustrated for a long time looking for jobs, etc. In either case, leaving kids alone in the AZ heat? I can barely stand being in my car with the windows down for more than a few minutes in NY summers. Gotta be atleast driving with the wind blowing or have the AC on. Poor kids.

I understand what you're saying but I don't see it like that. We are logical thinkers which is why you were able to try and think in her shoes. This women is not a logical thinker as she left the kids in the car for an interview whcih can last up to an hour. The same goes for the chick that left her kid in the car to go to a lil' wayne concert. Who is getting these women pregnant?
Nobody is denying that it was illogical. But when your struggling as she was that may have seemed the most logical thing for the time being. People make terrible decisions when there backs are against the wall. My dad sold drugs when he got laid off from his job from at cessna. He put us in harm way by doing that. But luckily his job called him back a year later and everything was fine.  Have u seen the pursuit happiness with will smith. Dude was sleeping with his son in a subway bathroom at one point not because it was logical but because that was the only option. Was he bad person for doing that? No he was struggling as this woman was.

What if she got the job , got some public assistance and got an apartment. Well we'll never know because she'll never get a decent job with this on her record, she's going to jail but most of all her kids may be forced to be raised by the system. 

On another note you can't compare this to the woman who left her kids in the car for a lil wayne concert at all.

You mentioned your father and the movie " the pursit of happiness." You know why there struggle was real because there is no assistance for struggling fathers. If you're a mother with kids there are so many gov't and non-porfit programs to help them. Plus, If she owed/leased/rented/borrowed that car she should be savvy enough to have someone watch her kids. I hate that when women to dumb **** they get sympathy card and everyone say "she's trying." Notice that when kids are in the car like this it's almost always a women responsible. Just saying.

You mentioned your father and the movie " the pursit of happiness." You know why there struggle was real because there is no assistance for struggling fathers. If you're a mother with kids there are so many gov't and non-porfit programs to help them. Plus, If she owed/leased/rented/borrowed that car she should be savvy enough to have someone watch her kids. I hate that when women to dumb **** they get sympathy card and everyone say "she's trying." Notice that when kids are in the car like this it's almost always a women responsible. Just saying.

If this was a man I would feel the same way.

I mean theres alot of different variables to this. Maybe shes been frustrated for a long time looking for jobs, etc. In either case, leaving kids alone in the AZ heat? I can barely stand being in my car with the windows down for more than a few minutes in NY summers. Gotta be atleast driving with the wind blowing or have the AC on. Poor kids.

My homie told me it's been like mid 70s all week in Scottsdale.

Who is getting these women pregnant?
Bingo,we hear the term 'single mother' so much even when it shouldn't be applied some still wear it as a badge of something representing something good.

If you are a single mother do what you have to do and clearly this is a case of just that.Cut her some slack and keep that family together for the sake of the kids.For the females choosing to be single mothers kick rocks and the men who are leaving for whatever reason are less than and I have no words for them.

Cats in here talking about no remorse really don't know that single mother struggle, and she has TWO kids under 3 :x lord help her.

She could have went about it a better way, but she shouldn't have been booked. Like someone in here said earlier, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. That mugshot says it all IMO. I really feel for her.

Last edited:
I can only estimate, but a thinking person can see that right off the top of that $114,000, the crowd funding fee processing and income taxes which are estimated to be 28% – 35%, between $26,900 – $35,000, the net amount that she received was immediately and dramatically reduced to about $68,000. Amanda Bishop handled the crowd funding and reported that after all the adjustments due to insufficient funds, and before income taxes that the amount was about $103,000. Take off another $35,000 for taxes (better to have the higher end estimate than to miss making the payment) and the beginning amount she actually received is nearer to about $68,000 not $114,000. You’d never know that the net amount is nowhere near $100,000 when listening to the power-mad County Attorney Bill Montgomery, spouting his red state rhetoric to shame Taylor, creating the image of her as an irresponsible stereotype.

She didn’t want to be homeless again and paid rent, first, last, deposit for 12 months estimated $14522.45 and I have those receipts. She furnished the home with basics because she had nothing buying beds for the children, setting it up which cost $5,000 approximately. There have been court-mandated classes almost every day, childcare and transportation to meet those requirements which have already cost $3,600 with another four weeks left. This does not include childcare. Buying food, diapers for she and the three children for 20 weeks @ $100 per week is about $2000. She owed back car payments, childcare for two months that her family who all work low wage, full time jobs could not afford to absorb.

She has been doing interviews when not in the required classes/counseling/testing. There is a cost to all this childcare. She does not interview for low-paying jobs that can’t cover the $1250 per month that daycare centers in Arizona require. There are legal fees, and she is paying for mandated twice weekly counseling at $110 per session. Realistically,she couldn’t possibly have more than $42,000 left at this point. The expenditures are very responsible even if it was anyone’s business how her gift was spent. So the silver-spoon electeds are disrespecting the intentions of the donors. College for her children 16 years from now is nice, but totally unrealistic for the mother of three who needs to mount a defense for herself.

Statement by Shanesha Taylor November 16, 2014

1. I did not have a home on Mar 20, 2014. I had arrangements to move us into a home by April if I could find a job. I was seeking that position in order to re-establish my family. That insurance company job meant stability. It meant a future with less worries. It meant I could comfortably pay bills, keep a roof over our heads and give my babies the type of life they deserve. We were sleeping in the car and showering at friends’ houses, it was March and we spent a lot of time in the car so I was not worried about the 71 degree temperature that day. I’d been on numerous interviews. This was the first interview offered that would financially stabilize my family.

2. I did not have a job on Mar 20. I did a series of odd jobs in order to care for the children. One job was as an office assistant working approx. 4 hours every other week. I was paid minimum wage for my work. It was a total of $50 a month, did not cover the cost of child care, and I reported it.

3. I arranged for a sitter to be available on March 20, 2014 for the boys. At the last minute, the sitter was not available. The next closest possibility was 30 minutes in the opposite direction of my interview. I simply did not have the gas to make the round trip to drop them off, get to the interview, get back to pick them up and still pick up my daughter from school on time later that afternoon. I spent the day before the interview babysitting and collecting cans to make sure I would have enough gas to make it there. I was told by the scheduler that the interview would take 15 minutes. I regret being away from the car while they were both sleeping. I was trying to get a job in time for an April 1 deadline. It was 71 degrees and cloudy, we lived in the car so I was not worried about heat. Thank goodness no harm came to them but prosecuting and imprisoning me, putting an extra burden on my family who work full time jobs, or putting them in the foster care system would definitely cause my babies and other relatives harm. I made an error in judgment but it was a choice between two bad options.

4. Like many of you, I consider my finances to be a private matter. Asking how much money is in my pocketbook is the equivalent of asking what color night gown I wore last night. I do however understand the concern by compassionate supporters that the donations are being put to good use although there were no conditions put on how the money would be spent by donors. But for the jealous who begrudge me funds that have me off government assistance, the money has not been spent up nor wasted on frivolous things. Amanda Bishop was the fundraiser, I had nothing to do with that part as I was in jail when the money came to my mom’s account. There was no other choice but to get the money to me than through her account. The burden for caring for the children was put on my family, working full time jobs, barely making it, with other children at home. I was not allowed to visit my children for two months which meant that my family had to obtain expensive child care. I owed them for expenditures, back car payments, but I did set up a house, paying first, last, deposit and one year’s rent ($14522.45). Mandated court classes/counseling have cost me $3,600 plus childcare. I bought clothing, food for 20 weeks for the four of us and some modest furniture needed to set up my household. I have paid utilities for four months and need to have adequate amounts in reserve. If I lock myself out of what I have left, I will be back to living in my car in a matter of months. I am off government assistance so it is necessary for me to be careful with every dime.

5. I have been offered three jobs recently that are not viable options. The first two were part time positions requiring nights and weekends. I do not have a reliable sitter at this time outside of normal child daycare center hours. Part time wages would not cover the daycare, the transportation and sustain the household. I’ve even attempted two part time jobs but the schedules just would not coincide. I was offered a full time position from 6am to 2pm. The company was l-l/2 hours east of my home. This would add approximately $600 month in gas if I commuted that far. My daycare hours are 6am to 6pm. The position would require the need for someone to be available for the children every morning at 4 am. I don’t have any one available to do that. I am uncomfortable being that far away as emergencies do come up and the day care centers do not keep sick children on the premises. With CPS watching over my shoulder, working nights, week-ends or l-l/2 hours a way is not at all in the interest of my family. With all the bad press including libel and slander without a grain of truth by my “defense team” and the County Attorney, I am losing hope that I will ever get a job. The almost daily classes have taken up a lot of time, gas going to and fro, I’ve spent $3,600 on court mandated classes, tests, counseling but faithfully completed 20 weeks’ worth. This does not include child care. No employer would tolerate this many hours away from the job spent on this mandated program. There are four weeks left, I have no idea how much more this will cost but it’s estimated that much of my time will be wasted.

6. My mind was not changed about the plea deal. I agreed to the terms of the deal (on the poor recommendation of my attorney) prior to all the terms of the deal being released to me because I foolishly trusted him. The final negotiations were not completed until September. I expressed my concerns with many of the unreasonable details since the negotiations began in July, long after the donors gave me the funds. My concerns and objections were not acknowledged by anyone. I continued to hold my ground on this with my lawyer Benjamin Taylor during the October hearings but I was steam-rolled by all involved who made the “agreement” to lock me out of funds I need to care for my children. The order then was that I had to accept this deal or face the maximum prosecution even though I was cleared of all charges and had the children in my custody. I was told “you have no choice but to accept this freezing of your donated money for 16 years and only if your kids go to college then, or else we take your kids away from you and send you to prison.”

7. Jarrett Maupin tried to extort $4,000 from me as a donation to his political campaign. He was very angry when I threw him off my defense team in August. Maupin just got off probation for telling lies and conducting himself in a questionable manner on other cases. http://www.fbi.gov/... My attorney Benjamin Taylor brought him on board but Maupin has never advocated for me to be able to hang on to the donated funds which I need. Under pressure, I donated $500 to his campaign which made him angry that it wasn’t more. He politicized my case during his run for office where he came in last. Now he’s out speaking against me in order to cover up this “deal” of which he was a part, even though I was excluded from these secret meetings. I tried to get transcripts but was told that no transcripts exist. Why not? It wasn’t in the news when I threw him off my “defense” team, but many people knew about it. I am doing my best to meet the court requirements and interview, but only on jobs that fit into the daycare hours and pay the $1250 per month that they cost plus care for the children and keep the household afloat.

8. The father of my children Carl works 6 days a week at a job that pays $10 an hour. Using only public transportation, he hasn’t been able to find a better paying job at this time. He is trying to help the children and I through this nightmare and we are working on our co-parenting skills. I have spent no money on him nor am I on government benefits, so why is this being questioned? My immediate support circle is small. Made up of Carl and my parents both of whom also work full time jobs and they’re barely getting by. They have other children at home and do not have room for me and three children.

9. I did not ask for a public defender. I never signed a contract with John Agra because he was too friendly with my existing attorney. He never sent me an invoice and was disappointed when I did not choose him to represent me. I believe that I was assigned a public defender so that the prosecutors can control the case from inside the County and keep the unlawful practices from leaking out. How could I ever trust any of the prosecutors or public defenders again? I am hoping that a real lawyer will surface who is not part of the local politics or receiving contracts from the County.

End of Statement by Shanesha Taylor

http://m.dailykos.com/story/2014/11...Bill-Montgomery-trying-to-seize-her-donations

:smh: at them for trying to lynch her in the media.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom