Motivational quotes to keep you going.

some people may not be interested and thats fine but honestly there are some great quotes out here. all I do is repeat them to my self and I keep pushing myself. This can be inspired from any area that your trying to succeed in. Hope people are willing to help and give some great quotes. I know NT got some goodones.

This thread was
pimp.gif
and had good quotes.

http://niketalk.com/topic/146697

the only place were 'success' comes before 'work' is in the dictionary

Obsessed is the word the lazy use to describe the dedicated

"Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy *@* weights." Ronnie Coleman

"It's a lifestyle - train like there's no finish line."

"You focus your mind to train your body and the changes that begin to take place impact your mind as well. Dream it, believe it, and you will achieveit."

WORK NOT TO LOOK GOOD, BUT MAKE OTHERS LOOK BAD

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

"Be proud, but never satisfied."

"If you always do what you have always done, then you will always get what you have always got."

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog" - Magic Johnson, NBA Star

"Pain is temporary, pride is forever" - Unknown

"Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you." - Ralph Waldo Emerson, Philosopher & Writer

"I hated every minute of training, but I said, don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life a champion." - Muhammad Ali, Boxer

"Try and fail is the manner of losers; try and learn is the way of the strong." - Unknown

"Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret!" - Unknown

"Only the weak attempts to accomplish what he knows he can already achieve." - Stella Juarez Author

"Failure will not overcome me so long as my will to succeed is stronger" - Micheal S. Kirby

"If you are hurt, whether in mind or body, don't nurse your bruises. Get up and light-heartedly, courageously, good temperedly get ready for the nextencounter. This is the only way to take life - this is also 'playing' the game!" - Emily Post

"The human body experiences a powerful gravitational pull in the direction of hope" - Norman Cousins Author

"That which does not kill me makes me stronger" - Friedrich Nietzsche, Philosopher, Poet, and Classical Philologist

"Fall down seven times, get up eight" -Chinese proverb

"There is nothing we cannot live down, rise above, and overcome." - Ella Wheeler Wilcox

"Success must be felt within before it can be seen on the outside." - Unknown

"There are plenty of difficult obstacles in your path. Don't allow yourself to become one of them." - Ralph Marston, Author and Publisher of TheDaily Motivator

"You have to do what others won't to achieve what others don't." - Unknown

"Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you." - Ralph Waldo Emerson, Philosopher & Writer

"Pain is only weakness leaving the body" - Unknown

"Good luck is the result of hard work and preparation" - Unknown

"Strength is the product of struggle" - Unknown

"The race goes not only to the swift nor the contest to the strong, but that's the way to bet your money" - Unknown

"How am I to know what I can achieve if I quit?" -Jason Bishop, About Bodybuilding Reader

"Be patient and tough; some day this pain will be useful to you" - Ovid

"The greatest oak was once a little nut who held its ground" - Unknown

"It's about mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter" -Unknown

"Tough times don't last. Tough people do." - Unknown

"We must train from the inside out. Using our strengths to attack and nullify any weaknesses. It's not about denying a weakness may exist but aboutdenying its right to persist." Vince McConnell

"The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something. You can do it, as long as you really believe 100percent." -Arnold Schwarzenegger

"There are only two options regarding commitment, You're either in or your out. There's no such thing as life in between." - Anonymous

Obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated." -Anonymous

"It's never too late to become what you might have been". -George Elliot

"Belief triggers the power to do" -David Schwartz

"Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent." - Marilyn vos Savant, Columnist

"It's about mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter" -Unknown

"It's not the load that breaks you down, it's the way you carry it." - Lena Horne, Singer

"The act of taking the first step is what separates the winners from the losers. - Brian Tracy, Motivational speaker

"Your body hears everything your mind says." - Naomi Judd, Singer/Songwriter

"The man who has no imagination has no wings. " - Muhammad Ali, Boxing Champion, Peace Ambassador

"You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take." -Wayne Gretzky, Professional Hockey Player

"The harder you work, the luckier you get." -Gary Player, Golfer

"Don't let what you can't do interfere with what you can do" - John Wooden, UCLA Basketball Coach

"There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning form failure. - Colin Powell, U.S. Secretary of State

"I like thinking big. If you're going to be thinking anything, you might as well think big." - Donald Trump, Entrepreneur

"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to ones courage." - Anais Nin

"Quitters never win and winners never quit " - anonymous

"To give any less than your best is to sacrifice a gift" Steve Prefontaine, runner

"Great souls have wills; feeble ones have only wishes."- Chinese Proverb

"Things do not change. We change." - Henry David Thoreau, Author/Philosopher

Hard work is a two-way street. You get back exactly what you put in.

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit,however, it lasts forever.
Lance Armstrong

"If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward,you're always in the same place."

"Many people believe things happen to a reason, well I say go out and make those things happen

try and fail but dont fail to try

"You give what you give, what you dont give is lost forever, this day will never come again"

"I have found iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me. It never runs. Friends may come and go but two hundred pounds is always twohundred pounds. There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength, Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, its impossibleto turn back, the iron never lies to you.

"Just say to yourself... how bad do I want this? Am I working harder than the person who will be standing next to me?"

The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer."

"Limitations are for people that have them and excuses are for people that need them." ? Unknown

'Don't worry about genius and don't worry about not being clever. Trust rather to hard work, perseverance, and determination. The best motto for along march is "Don't grumble. Plug on."
You hold your future in your own hands. Never waver in this belief. Don't swagger. The boy who swaggers - like the man who swaggers - has little else thathe can do. He is a cheap-Jack crying his own paltry wares. It is the empty tin that rattles most. Be honest. Be loyal. Be kind. Remember that the hardest thingto acquire is the faculty of being unselfish. As a quality it is one of the finest attributes of manliness.
'Love the sea, the ringing beach and the open downs.
'Keep clean, body and mind'

-Sir Frederick Treves

All your life they will say you're not good enough or strong enough or talented enough; they will say you're the wrong height or the wrong weight orthe wrong type to play this or be this or achieve this. THEY WILL TELL YOU NO, a thousand times no, until all the no's become meaningless. All your lifethey will tell you no, quite firmly and very quickly. AND YOU WILL TELL THEM YES.

Every sunrise in Africa a Gazelle wakes up, it knows that it must out run the fastest lion in order to survive. Every sunrise in Africa a Lion wakes up, Itknows that it must out run the slowest Gazelle in order to survive. It doesnt matter if you are a Gazelle or a Lion, sunrise comes, you better be running.

this quote gets me going

"Don't take any advice from someone who is not qualified to give any."

Me

"If you want to be smart, go and be around smart people. The only thing you'll learn by listening to stupid people, is how to be stupid."

Me too

wink.gif

if this quote doesnt wanna make you try your hardest I dont know what will
[h3][/h3]
When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, I used everything you gave me.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ballislife32688

[h3][/h3]
When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, I used everything you gave me.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

What if I am an atheist?

Originally Posted by Dark Chocolate

Originally Posted by ballislife32688

[h3][/h3]
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
What if I am an atheist?

damn you got me on that one, im not the biggest church person my self but those words are just too nice to be ignored

Originally Posted by faulkit28

procrastination is the assassination of success
nice.

I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul. - William Ernest Henley Invictus

Why do I succeed?
I succeed because I am willing to do the things you are not.
I will fight against the odds.
I will sacrifice.
I am not shackled by fear, insecurity or doubt.
I feel those emotions--drink them in and then swallow them away to the blackness of hell.
I am motivated by accomplishment, not pride.
Pride consumes the weak--kills their heart from within.
If I fall--I will get up. If I am beaten--I will return.
I will never stop getting better. I will never give up--ever.
That is why I succeed

[h4]Psalm 27[/h4][h5]Of David.[/h5] [sup]1[/sup] The LORD is my light and my salvation-
whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life-
of whom shall I be afraid?
[sup]2[/sup] When evil men advance against me
to devour my flesh, [sup][a][/sup]
when my enemies and my foes attack me,
they will stumble and fall.

[sup]3[/sup] Though an army besiege me,
my heart will not fear;
though war break out against me,
even then will I be confident.

Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thingclean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when theenemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00,he is home. He knows only The Cause.

Look me in the eye. It's ok if you're scared. So am I. But we're scared for different reasons. I'm scared of what I won't become, andyou're scared of what I could become. Look at me. I won't let myself end where I started. I won't let myself finish where I began. Look me in theeyes. I have something more important more courage. I have patience. I will become what I know I am."

Control the thoughts before they become words, control the words before they become actions, control the actions before they become destiny.

It's never too late to become what you might have been.

this one motivates people depending on the person. my man mike tyson was a monster.

" I was gonna rip his heart out, im the best ever, im the most vicious, most ruthless, champion theres ever been. My style is impetuous, my defense isimpregnable, and im just ferocious wanna eat your children, praise be to allah!"

My dad once told me: "Always try to stay six steps ahead of everyone else."

It's worked well for me.

Back
Top Bottom