Motorola Droid Verizon Wireless

smh.gif
gave this phone 4 days, i couldnt like it at all, took it back and got theeris
smokin.gif

Do you guys use a screen-protector for this phone?

Is there an app that can automatically re-size pictures so that they don't need to be cropped in order to be used as my wallpaper?

And how come there's times when I save a contact, but it doesn't appear on my contacts list? It'll appear on my recent calls with the name that Iassigned to it, but it won't appear on my contacts list.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

This phone is fire though, the display is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

im SO happy with the phone right now. motorola def went hard with this @++*
pimp.gif
i haven't fully learned it yet tho.

im thinking of getting a screen protector. screen is just to nice to get scratched. i think its a good way to go. i have no idea about apps as i only startedlooking through the market yesturday. im still trying to find a good universal IM app.

as for your contacts issue i think you'd have to go elsewhere for help. android forums and such. its the best spot to get the most informative *+$ on thedroid, or any other phone running the OS

How to Root Your Droid (For Non-Linux/Non-Geeks)
Here's a guide written for non-linux users on how to root your droid. What you do beyond that, well, I have another thread set up for that. Let's get going!

You will need the following:
http://www.4shared.com/file/168496608/8fa27888/droid-root.html
OR
http://www.mediafire.com/?ydaqjmditjh
OR
http://www.multiupload.com/XYPZLK4K22
(Those 3 are the same file, just use either link, and choose another if any is dwn)
AND
http://developer.android.com/sdk/download.html?v=android-sdk_r04-windows.zip
AND
http://www.magicandroidapps.com/su.zip

Once you have all these files downloaded, extract them all into a new folder at C:\Android

You should now connect your Droid to your computer and Mount the SD Card through the phone (A dialogue will pop up on your phone asking to connect your SD Card. Click Mount)

Go to the C:\Android folder you created. Rename the file droid-root.zip to update.zip. Then take update.zip and move it to the SD Card on your phone.

Once this is done, unplug your phone and turn it off by holding the top button, then selecting Power Off.

Open your phone's keyboard. Hold down the letter X key on the keyboard and power your phone on WHILE HOLDING THIS KEY DOWN. You will see the Motorola logo, followed by a graphic with an ! mark on it. At this time let go of the X key and the power button. Press and hold the Volume + key on the side of your phone, then press the camera button while holding the Volume + key.

Now you will be presented with a menu. Navigate to "update" using the D-pad, and click the middle button. Now wait for the process to finish.

When it is complete, your phone will power up again. Go to Settings->Applications->Development and check the USB Debugging checkbox.

Connect your Droid to the Computer again.

Click Start on your computer, and click run. Type cmd in the box, and hit ok. Now type the following, pressing Enter after each line:

cd c:\Android\tools

adb push su /data/local

adb shell

su

mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system

cd /system/bin

mv su osu

cat /data/local/su > su

chmod 6755 su

ls -l *su
(you should see the following)
-rwsr-sr-x root root 76200 2008-08-01 05:00 osu
-rwsr-sr-x root root 76200 2009-05-30 11:28 su
(now continue typing these following lines to finish)

sync

reboot

You're done!

WHAT DOES THIS DO???

DO I NEED TO DO THIS?

Also, what are some more nice apps? Pandora?

Originally Posted by 22 Rather Unique 22

How can we create custom wallpapers that fit the screen perfectly???
yea, i hate how my backround doesnt fit the actual space for a backround. if that makes sense.

thanks for answering...

but like on my front page when the phone is closed, the backround gets stretched into 3 pieces, any way to keep it in one piece?
same thing when the keyboard is out, but less effect.

thanks

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

check your PM. Just sent a long list of free apps

can I get this list too ... thanx in advance

And can someone post the MUST HAVE apps
Or better yet can somone post a link that can answer all of my Droid phone answers
Like some type of Droid forum or somethin of that sort

I'm switching to Verizon in about a week or so. I'm debating on the Touch Pro 2 or the Droid, any unbiased suggestions?

So what's the verdict guys? Wait for the Nexus around springtime, or just jump on this?

Originally Posted by PoloRSport

Here are some app sites. If you're an nba fan. League Pass is a must. All sites are free just have to register first on the forums.
dont you have to HAVE League Pass on your cable to begin with though?

+#@%, the battery cover on the back is pissing me off.

I lost the first one.

Now I dropped my phone and it doesn't fit properly. It's poppin' out on one of the corners.

Who knows about this?

Let's say I have 150 contacts and I want to back them up by syncing them to Gmail.

Okay so I do that today.

And in 3 months, let's say I have 200 contacts, and I want to backup the 50 new contacts by syncing them to Gmail.

WHY THE $*%@ DOES IT ADD DUPLICATE CONTACTS FOR THE 150 THAT I PREVIOUSLY SAVED?

Instead of having 200 contacts, I have 350 because it duplicates the first 150.

Did that make sense?

Back
Top Bottom