Move over AI, we talkin' 'bout MJ? MJ?

SportingNews: Could Michael Jordan play in the NBA at 50?

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/sto...old-chicago-bulls-wizards-kobe-bryant-jamison

"I wouldn't doubt that in the right situation with a LeBron (James) on his team or with a Kobe (Bryant) on this team, he could get you about 10 or 11 points, come in and play 15-20 minutes," said Lakers forward Antawn Jamison, according to ESPNLosAngeles.com. "I wouldn't doubt that at all, especially if he was in shape and injuries were prevented and things of that nature."

Jordan reset the bar for “oldest player” stats in his two-year stint with the Washington Wizards. Before he retired at 40, Jordan became the oldest player to score 40. And, 50 days shy of his 39th birthday, Jordan became the oldest player to score 50.

To answer DCAllAmerican, we think he would hold his own because, well, when you're the greatest of all time, and can average 22 per, on basically one leg, at 40 years of age, you tend to get the benefit of the doubt. Dropping 50 at 40, and you don't think he can score 15-20 in limited minutes?

Last edited:
Sure he could score 10-12 every blue moon, but he isn't averaging that.

Before we go any further, we have to remember this is hypothetical. So nobody is right/wrong.

But that Wizard stint was 10 years ago man. I don't see him doing that.

Sure he could score 10-12 every blue moon, but he isn't averaging that.

Before we go any further, we have to remember this is hypothetical. So nobody is right/wrong.

But that Wizard stint was 10 years ago man. I don't see him doing that.

He wasn't even holding it down well with the wizards. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom