Movie: run hide fight vol: what the hell

No seriously who greenlit this.

Nothing funny, artistic or entertaining about school shootings. Can’t stand Hollywood. Smh

Especially when there’s no viable solution in the real world. Now these killers will think a movie will be made in their honor:

Nothing funny, artistic or entertaining about school shootings. Can’t stand Hollywood. Smh

Especially when there’s no viable solution in the real world. Now these killers will think a movie will be made in their honor:

Don't know who greenlit it, but Daily Wire (Ben Shapiro) picked up the distribution rights.

It is.

There have been SEVERAL movies about school shootings. Including Elephant (which was 2004 I believe) and THAT movie was a ton more visceral and surreal in terms of realism.
Never heard of it. Thank goodness and still disgusting

This is not the first movie on school shootings. But seeing thst Ben Shapiro is involved with this I think I'll pass. :lol:

Yeah I get that this is a subject that's not really touched upon a lot in cinema, but I'm also not gonna clutch my pearls over it either.

Movie looks pretty wack regardless.

It also gave them plenty of ideas
like holding the schools hostage and having all the students livestream it.
or like driving a van with a timed explosives into the school

I was literally waiting for the Senator to be watching TV and his security is like
"Sir, your daughter goes to that school."
Cue the Nic Cage/Liam Neeson hero coming through, but nah
Looks like they trying to condition the students to take matters into their own hands
when this stuff happens

Last edited:
Y’all responses alone show the conditioning of this being normalized.

There's actually a short film on HBOMax called "1, 2, 3, All Eyes On Me" about an elementary school shooting. I thought it was pretty good. It's only 15min. I encourage y'all to give it a look, just curious to see what y'all think. Just search All Eyes On Me on HBOMax.

Trailer

Y’all responses alone show the conditioning of this being normalized.

So many movies about war and other atrocities. I don't think I have normalized any of that violence.

I think the only time I've ever been normalized to violence is when I used to work in the trauma bay. TV and movies didn't do that.

Our responses show the we are mature enough to know and understand the difference between fiction and non fiction. That’s not a shot at you, but what you are implying is that we aren’t sensitive to real life crisis.
It’s not about fiction vs nonfiction. Like another poster mentioned it gives these losers ideas. And everything in that trailer looks like it could easily turn to a real life event.

My concern is Hollywood monetizing off a serious crisis that is not being properly addressed. Do you have children?

Back
Top Bottom