MoviePass Offers $10 A Month Subscription Service

Well ****. I was taking it off by accident but I guess I'll be turning off my location before and after I use the app :lol:

There are some movies, I consider or assume to be what I like to call schlock. Movies not really worth seeing at the theater imo. Not movies I think ill hate but don't check many of my boxes for something I desire to see. I'd prefer to see them in the comfort of my home with not much effort to watch.

I felt that way about Jumanji early on until it got good reviews and even then I caught the HD bootleg rip at home.

I felt that way about Murder on the Orient Express but it checked a few actor boxes and I needed to activate my moviepass card.

Hell, I'd even consider Proud Mary and this Death Wish remake to be that but I saw priority movies ahead of time or had time to waste to also catch those so I watched. Moviepass has changed my movie viewing habits a bit.

In the end, I didn't hate those movies and at least enjoyed parts of all of them. Didn't leave thinking I wasted my time. Funny enough, that's how I felt after seeing Shape of Water and I caught that at home first :smh: :lol:

So I'm gonna see Thoroughbreds this week and I may just catch A Wrinkle in Time. I can cuz I basically got a free ticket and some time but I'm like eh should I? Is the book that good? Trailers don't look all that compelling.

I'll probably end up seeing it but damn I'm just reflecting on how **** has changed up for me in that regard.

MP CEO just sent an email clarifying that they don't track your location besides when
1) you look for theaters
2) check in

Supposedly it’s been trickled out to some members already. I haven’t nor have I received the email about it.
I been going more because I dislike that photo feature.. but I'm not trying to get called on their bs.. I been collecting all my stubs just in case..

Moviepassed A Wrinkle in Time today. It was cool. Pulled up with 5 of us all with movie pass.
I tried putting more of my friends onto movie pass but people are so stuck in their own ways that they don't want to sign up.
Pains me when I want to make someone great but they don't want to listen lol

CEO is a fool for talking all that up at the event.
Got the mass email today, must have been written by dude himself since there was a type-o in it.
Unprofessional douche.
Anyways will catch Strangers or Red Sparrow this friday. Game Night was cool, a little variety to your comedy never hurts.

Hell, I'd even consider Proud Mary and this Death Wish remake to be that but I saw priority movies ahead of time or had time to waste to also catch those so I watched. Moviepass has changed my movie viewing habits a bit.

In the end, I didn't hate those movies and at least enjoyed parts of all of them. Didn't leave thinking I wasted my time. Funny enough, that's how I felt after seeing Shape of Water and I caught that at home first :smh: :lol:

Yep, I'm seeing a lot of movies I wouldn't pay to see ordinarily. I feel the same way I feel about watching a movie on Netflix. I wouldn't have liked Bright if I paid for it, but I didn't have a problem with it on Netflix.

and if I really don't like it, I'll just go to sleep :lol: That's how I was with Blade Runner.

What is this Picture Stub thing?

I have movies to catch up on. Gringo, A Wrinkle, Red Sparrow, and will watch Tomb Raider this week.

What is this Picture Stub thing?

People are taking advantage and using it for concessions, so they might go back(apparently was like that in the beginning) to you having to take a picture of your ticket stub to prove you went to the movie.

I really gotta figure out how dudes are copping concessions with their card.

Like do you buy a ticket to get in and then check in so that card can be loaded with credit and cop food? :lol: :nerd:

I really gotta figure out how dudes are copping concessions with their card.

Like do you buy a ticket to get in and then check in so that card can be loaded with credit and cop food? :lol: :nerd:
My buddy said he goes to matinees and checks in on both his and his girls phones. Buys both tickets with one card and the other card uses strictly for concessions haha.

I figured it had to be a card hustle.

So you can cop more than one ticket with one card when you check in?

I figured it had to be a card hustle.

So you can cop more than one ticket with one card when you check in?
According to him I haven't tried it. Matinees are $4.75 each so he said the card covered both tickets. What I want to know is how people buy tickets for a future date that'd be the key haha.

:lol: True

I tried using the card to cop a ticket online the day of and it didn't work even when I was near the place.

I know some theaters do sell tickets at the concessions so thats how you could buy it with the card. I think also MoviePass loads the card like a debit card, I dont know for sure but I heard they upload $15 on it? I haven't tried the concessions plus ticket, in fear of my MoviePass being revoked.

I’ve purchased two tickets with one MoviePass and I think it loads about $14

When they swipe it I would think there’s no way to determine what you’re purchasing

Wonder what would happen if you tried it at a place that’s not a movie theatre after checking in

From what I’ve read the funds that’s released to a card depends on the theater you check in to. I regularly go to a theater that charges 19.99 per ticket, so it varies. Unfortunately the two card thing is probably what the scammers do when trying to buy concessions and watch a movie. Maybe even buying anything else since once checked in, it’s just like a regular MasterCard with a certain amount of funds loaded.

Back
Top Bottom