MoviePass Offers $10 A Month Subscription Service

I have seen 51 movies via MoviePass. Just saw Incredibles 2 last night, and plan on seeing Jurassic World tonight.

I think Sinemia is the only other option than MoviePass. It costs more, but what I like is the ability to reserve/order ticket ahead of time.

I don't care much for 3D, nor IMAX, because no IMAX theater is really an IMAX theater. Looking forward to the Family Plan/Bring A Friend options for MoviePass, since I am paying for one and my wifes'.

If you have a Goodrich Quality Theaters, Studio Movie Grill, B&B Theatres, or MJR Theatres in your area you can use e-ticketing with Movie Pass

can you use AMC for advance ticketing?

for me, since I still watch big blockbusters at Arclight by purchasing the tickets in advanced with reserved seating the AMC becomes somewhat of an attractive option

American Animals is finally getting a wider release. I might check that out this weekend.

Gotti is here too, I'm sort of interested in seeing just how good/bad it is.

Last edited:
Depending on how it's implemented I'll see if I'll continue to rock with it. Rarely do I see anything on the opening weekend anyway, and I have no issues going at a different time slot if it's cheaper.

Pretty much,
Too bad they don't realize it. Had they played their cards right, they could've just told people how they applauded AMC for embracing the future they created and could've finessed any of its other rivals(Cinemark, Regal, etc) into acquiring them and they'd become that theaters exclusive MP program.
thats how you grow and expand and still get paid
bruh 14.99/month with any format
thats all im waiting for

High demand shouldn't affect me since I'm paid up through the year. At least that's what the article had me believe.

I wouldn't be so quick to **** on the AMC service either. I've got 3-4 AMCs that I keep in rotation and all are premium with recliners and alcohol. 3 movies a week including IMAX and Dolby with the ability to reserve multiple movies ahead of time sounds like a plus.

Any little change and its an RIP :lol:

What was brought up in the article is nothing big. Charging only $2 to $6 for an imax showing is a big plus.
Might be a big plus to CURRENT subscribers but this will make it more difficult for MoviePass to get new customers. And fam, you didn’t see the part where they will be charging surge prices? Basically, that translates to “if you see a movie on the weekend or in a big metropolitan area, you will pay extra”. In order to sustain and grow you need new subscribers. Now that the “one price” plan is slowly going away so will MoviePass.

Might be a big plus to CURRENT subscribers but this will make it more difficult for MoviePass to get new customers. And fam, you didn’t see the part where they will be charging surge prices? Basically, that translates to “if you see a movie on the weekend or in a big metropolitan area, you will pay extra”. In order to sustain and grow you need new subscribers. Now that the “one price” plan is slowly going away so will MoviePass.

The bring a friend and imax/3d options I can see bringing in more people. And I did see that part. It says it in the title . The added pricing will range between $2 - $6. Nothing extreme.

Yeah you can.

if there is an AMC w/ IMAX nearby, i would likely switch

i'm also at citywalk at least once a month and that is probably one of the nicest (if not the best) theaters i've been to and an imax 3d ticket there is $25+ already and being able to go there once in a while would be nice

then again i do still have to go through all these :lol: good thing they don't expire
1.jpg

if there is an AMC w/ IMAX nearby, i would likely switch

i'm also at citywalk at least once a month and that is probably one of the nicest (if not the best) theaters i've been to and an imax 3d ticket there is $25+ already and being able to go there once in a while would be nice

then again i do still have to go through all these :lol: good thing they don't expire
1.jpg
whats better city walk or one at downtown disney
never been to city walk one

citywalk for sure, it's newly renovated and reopened maybe less than 6 months ago

American Animals is easily one of the best movies I've seen this year. Definitely deserves it's rotten tomatoes rating.

I got into a argument last night with the guy who tears the ticket.. He torn my ticket stub in half.. Movie pass better accept my ticket stub..

Man, they can miss me with this peak pricing bull ****.

Good thing I usually use MP for morning and afternoon showings.

Back
Top Bottom