Movies that are slept on? vol. Half Nelson (2006)

View media item 487111

Watched it for the first time in a long time. The dynamic between Ryan Gosling and Shareeka Epps is amazing. Highly recommend this movie to people all the time, especially to those that loved the Wire, the Corner or just great drama with subtle lulz.

Post some other movies you feel fly under the radar.

MV5BMjExNTg3NzYwMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzcxMTEzMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR0,0,214,317_.jpg

&

220px-Running_scared.jpg

These are movies I recently recommended to some folks...

Manic
Starring Don Cheadle & Joseph Gordon Levitt. See if you can spot Zooey Deschanel in the trailer...

The Devils Double
Starring Dominic Cooper about Saddam Hussein's son Uday who makes someone be his double to foil assassination attempts. Cooper plays Uday & the dude that becomes his double Latif Yahia.

Can these Spike Lee flicks be considering underrated (The 25th Hour & Inside Man)?

Children of Men

Why We Fight & The House I Live In
Both great docs, one about American foreign & defense policies. The other is about the war on drugs & the for profit prison system.

Last edited:
The tattoo ceremony in Eastern Promises is :wow:. :x The story behind the tattoos Viggo's character has is really great.

Last edited:
Some more...

Kingdom Of Heaven - the directors cut which fleshes out the story a great deal thanks to the added 30-40 mins or so. Much maligned because it was made by Ridley Scott after Gladiator... Also a great performance from Ed Norton even though you can't see his face.

The Prestige

Christopher Nolan's flick after he did The Dark Knight.

The Wackness

the Devil's Double is 
pimp.gif
 probably a favorite of the ones i've seen most recently

this movie Starlet, isn't really underrated as it hasn't really been out long, just kind of obscure.

Jackie Brown doesn't get the love it deserves.  I put it over Reservoir Dogs any day.

2 more, this time some good British crime flicks...

The Sweeney

Welcome to the Punch

Blue tint to the film notwitstanding, I enjoyed this flick... Nice cast too...

Derailed is a movie that most haven't heard of but it's very good, unbelievable twist towards the end.

Lincoln Lawyer is worth a watch.

Minority report is my all time favorite sci fi and i feel that it doesn't get the credit it deserves. Mind blowing twist in the middle of the movie that basically sets a completely different plot.

Attack the Block is :smokin
A Bronx Tale...wouldn't put it in the slept on category. At least not here on the east coast. It's up there with Goodfellas as a must see if you're Italian.

Back
Top Bottom