Moving Out Vol. This time for realz... :/

So I jus turned 25... time to get out my parents basement... again

I moved back in after college and really havent been doin much
30t6p3b.gif
.... now my 3 yr younger sister is done w/ school and moving back home for awhile
sick.gif

as much as I love my family and my current rent free livcing environment... its time to go

they give me privacy, they jus make me do stuff to earn my keep (which I really have no problem with seeing as i dont pay rent
laugh.gif
) but I need my own spot again like college, if only jus so I can smoke before 11pm or smash with peace of mind..

finally landed a decent job slingin phones for VZW and hopefully about to land a 2nd job as a trainer at Planet Fitness, also got a cpl lil side hussles so im thinkin if i can save around 5 stacks in the next 3 months its bon voyage and this time for good :/ that should be enough in my area as hopefully my rent is only around 5-7 hundered

experiences? hidden expenses?

i would love to have the courage you have to leave home. living with parents while going to college sucks bro. GL tho

Planet Fitness 
sick.gif
what does a trainer do there anyway? Youre not actually allowed to work out

^for the most part houses dont have basements on the west coast. No need for em out here. As for advice just know that whenever you get out on your own your first month is gonna be tough cause depending on your credit you might need deposits for utilities or cable and thats added on top of whatever your monthly bill is gonna be. Other than that good luck

im 24 and im planning to move out and live with my girl within the next couple of months...we're gonna be splitting the rent, so 300-400$ a month plus bills is not gonna be much....similar to you, i just need a place to do my own thing and smash in peace

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

Planet Fitness 
sick.gif

elaborate... first one opening in our area, I have a few personal clients for now but I have plenty of time for a 2nd gig and need the experience in a gym...

im in PA not far from Pittsburgh.

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

Planet Fitness 
sick.gif

elaborate... first one opening in our area, I have a few personal clients for now but I have plenty of time for a 2nd gig and need the experience in a gym...

google the complaints about them, especially the lunk alarm, its
sick.gif

Youre not allowed to do a whole bunch of things like make noise, deadlift, bring big water bottles etc. They instituted all those rules just so people who know what theyre doing wont wanna work out/lift there. If you break a rule they set off a freaking siren with flashing lights to alert the whole spot that youre in the wrong.

The place makes all their money off old and out of shape people who wont show up more than once or twice a month to use the cardio equipment, but keep their membership going cuz its cheap and too much trouble to cancel, and they would feel defeated if they actually did cancel it

On top of all that, I dont think youre even allowed to train clients in their gyms.

Originally Posted by runzombierun

^for the most part houses dont have basements on the west coast. No need for em out here. As for advice just know that whenever you get out on your own your first month is gonna be tough cause depending on your credit you might need deposits for utilities or cable and thats added on top of whatever your monthly bill is gonna be. Other than that good luck

+ emergencies.

Planet Fitness 
sick.gif

sick.gif

Youre not allowed to do a whole bunch of things like make noise, deadlift, bring big water bottles etc. They instituted all those rules just so people who know what theyre doing wont wanna work out/lift there. If you break a rule they set off a freaking siren with flashing lights to alert the whole spot that youre in the wrong.

The place makes all their money off old and out of shape people who wont show up more than once or twice a month to use the cardio equipment, but keep their membership going cuz its cheap and too much trouble to cancel, and they would feel defeated if they actually did cancel it

On top of all that, I dont think youre even allowed to train clients in their gyms.

Yeah

not to mention they bring in pizza (yes, pizza) for their clients some days, as well as other foods
30t6p3b.gif

Planet Fitness is a joke in the workout community

Planet Fitness 
sick.gif

sick.gif

You are correct. I signed up for PF a few years ago when i was in college. Right before I graduated, I told them I wanted to cancel my membership. A year later; they sent a bill of $500+ to my house saying that I've been late on payments. I called up PF and told them that i cancelled right before I graduated and they said they have no record of it. I asked if I can cancel over the phone and they told me i needed to go back to my branch to cancel it (my college was 3 hours away).

They've still been sending me bills monthly; but i just ignore them.

Originally Posted by Club 27

sick.gif

Yeah

not to mention they bring in pizza (yes, pizza) for their clients some days, as well as other foods
30t6p3b.gif

Planet Fitness is a joke in the workout community

and its all you can eat pizza

I think they have a bagel day too
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by retroflashbacks

sick.gif

You are correct. I signed up for PF a few years ago when i was in college. Right before I graduated, I told them I wanted to cancel my membership. A year later; they sent a bill of $500+ to my house saying that I've been late on payments. I called up PF and told them that i cancelled right before I graduated and they said they have no record of it. I asked if I can cancel over the phone and they told me i needed to go back to my branch to cancel it (my college was 3 hours away).

They've still been sending me bills monthly; but i just ignore them.

file a complaint to the BBB.  i'm sure your credit is hurting right now.

Planet Fitness 
sick.gif

sick.gif

G T F O H
laugh.gif

Sounds like something out of the movie Heavyweights. Are you allowed to bench press (free weights)? Cause if you can...the no deadlifting rule is ridiculous.

Originally Posted by CelticsFan9783

sick.gif

G T F O H
laugh.gif

Sounds like something out of the movie Heavyweights. Are you allowed to bench press (free weights)? Cause if you can...the no deadlifting rule is ridiculous.
depends on the spot really. Some completely removed all free weights except for dumbbells up to like 30 pounds
laugh.gif
Others have a few benches and thats about it... you better not be makin any noise when you rack the weight though! Otherwise the storm siren and flashing purple lights go off, set it off a couple times and youre banned for life
roll.gif

Its all part of their "judgement free zone", ironically an excuse to judge people who actually want to better themselves

lunk-alarm.jpg

OP, you need to build an arsenal of home supplies. Moving out For the first time is expensive. Wally Martinez was my friend for the first year. Everytime I turned around there something I needed. Here is a sample list.
Furniture for the bedroom, living room
Bathroom stuff
Kitchen stuff

I moved out recently too OP. We pretty much had/have the same situation. Comfortable, I had the most privacy you could have still being at home, and wasn't paying any rent. I just knew it was time to go and it was the best decision of my life.

My advice would be to try to get as much little things as you can:
Shower curtains
Utensils
Light Bulbs
Cleaning Supplies

Stuff like that. The big stuff can wait.

The hardest thing was the unexpected deposits and the very first bills. After that though you can control your utilities and figure out what budget works best for YOU.

Originally Posted by CelticsFan9783

G T F O H
laugh.gif

depends on the spot really. Some completely removed all free weights except for dumbbells up to like 30 pounds
laugh.gif
Others have a few benches and thats about it... you better not be makin any noise when you rack the weight though! Otherwise the storm siren and flashing purple lights go off, set it off a couple times and youre banned for life
roll.gif

Its all part of their "judgement free zone", ironically an excuse to judge people who actually want to better themselves

Planet Fitness is wack as hell I heard
sick.gif

Some of their policies are straight jokes. No overhead lifts, no deadlifts, no dumbbells over 60 pounds, no making noise, no dropping weights, no sleeveless shirts
indifferent.gif
, no gallon water bottles, it's all a joke
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom