*Moving: Portland, OR Area NTers; UO in Fall; Help + Advice*

Sup NTers, I am moving from the Bay Area to get Oregon residency for U Oregon, in state tuition. I'll be living there for a year and transfer in the Fall 08' semester. I will be doing Sports Marketing as my major and am turning to my fellow NTers for advice, help, suggestions because many of you have moved, gone to college and could give me some very useful advice. Any Portland residents with some info on the city, places to work/ make money. Getting to know some people, some NTers in my new spot and play some hoop would be great. I'm tryin to find a place right now, looking into moving in with some roommates, have a family friend who works at Nike WHQ, so get a job hopefully soon.

Also, any UO students, alumni with some info would be awesome too.

That Bryce Taylor is so hot right now...

Franco F R S H Shade ... Too Fresh

THE QUACK ATTACK IS BACK

Don't go.

Oregon isn't a destination, it's an obstacle on the path between California and Washington.

If you can't tell, I have a severe disdain for that state.

If you can even call it that.
TEAM GRAMMAR POLICE
whywesteppin - 23ska909red02 - KingLouisXIV - DS 530s Finest - sir hendrix - Rexanglorum - Kiddin Like Jason

"Me fail english? Thats unpossible." ~Ralph Wiggum
4L8O15S16T23!42​

meh oregon is alright i live in seattle and have family down there so i visit sometimes. just be preparied for a lot of dirty hippies and ignorant @#%$ hole bikers. downtown is chill tho
TEAM 740
And no... it's not an area code​

^ :lol:
laugh.gif

THE QUACK ATTACK IS BACK

well we don't have sales tax here, get pumped for that.

Team Pacific Northwest​

I'm A BLAZERS Fan!

Quote:
Oregon isn't a destination, it's an obstacle on the path between California and Washington.
:lol:
laugh.gif
RAIDER NATION

Let yee nuts hang low or walk the plank
Asomugha - Burgess - Carr - Curry - Gabriel - Howard - Huff - Morrison - Porter - Washington​

YO!!! man people hating on portland... if you're living downtown, I think you'll like it. I'm bout to be a sophomore at UO and I loved it... campus is dope and mad people and parties... also I liked that it wasn't a campus that was all about the frats, like some other state schools. As far as being a sneakerhead in portland, there's a few places but obviously nothing like the bay...

dudes in here are from pnw but dont come to the forum to pick up a siggy...smh...lol j/k...my brother goes to UO and lives in portland with his friends and he says its so much better than seattle. i beg to differ. though i havent lived anywhere else BUT seattle...i'd say go cause my brother doesnt even bother comin up here no more lol
Team Pacific Northwest

TEAM iSketch
Let Me Sketch Ya Face Girl

Seattle is dope, the Bay is dope, and both Portland and UO is sick too. I need to get up there, meet some people, some NTers and have some good spots to play ball.

THE QUACK ATTACK IS BACK

I've had numerous trips to Portland for business (in fact, my firm is planning to open a branch there within a couple years) and I must say the mass transit you guys have there is nice.

Outdoor activity seems to be big (rightfully so), my biggest gripe would be the weather (compared to the Bay, at least).

You may not have sales tax out there, but wouldn't that mean you have higher prop tax?

PDX is a good airport (wendy's for breakfast!! Mmmm) and is easily accessible to Oakland for relatively cheap, so I'd put the surrounding areas of Oregon into a place I wouldn't mind to be (for the short term).
ICE Blue X's on ebay RIGHT now!

Quote:
just be preparied for a lot of dirty hippies

Ummm...the Bay Area is the birthplace of the "dirty hippy" movement...

my biggest gripe would be the weather (compared to the Bay, at least).

I've spent time in both and the climates seem pretty similar...

JM
"I am making a comment by not making a comment," [Hank] Aaron told The Associated Press on Monday.

Back
Top Bottom