Moving somewhere and starting over.

I've always flirted with the idea of moving to Australia and doing this.

Complete separation from this life and onto the next. No facebook, no phone contacts, just me.

I've done it twice, and it has always worked out well for me. I plan on moving again now that I have my degree and starting a life somewhere. I just have to figure out where a good amount of eligible men are. Then I will settle there.

Originally Posted by needsomejays

i would like to do this, i wanna get the hell out of here
if i only had the funds....
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Treb2k5

Where are you guys located and what makes you want to move from your city?
I'm located in Minneapolis, and I've just always had the urge to leave America. Ever since a kid, I'd ask my mother if we could move to another country.

I know now that even at a young age, I realized how blind we are as a nation. I want to separate myself from that.

Its a good idea. I packed everything into my car moved from NH to new orleans no job or place to live stayed at a cheap hotel for 2 weeks got place apt everything fell into place within a few months with friends and everything. Its extremely nerve racking but exciting and worth it My sis did the same but to san diego and everything worked out. Most people don't because its pretty scary but givin the oppurtinity you should no doubt take the chance.

I want to move to Houston. Only thing holding me back is lack of funds. I want to find a job where I'm at now, so I can transfer once I'm out there.

Mom knows people from when she went to U of H, so I'll have a place to stay. Just need to save some money.

Originally Posted by popcornplaya

I've always flirted with the idea of moving to Australia and doing this.

Complete separation from this life and onto the next. No facebook, no phone contacts, just me.

This. I really wanted to go there and live on the beach and learn to surf and just say @%*# my old life. I live in Portland and its not bad I'm just sick of my life here and feel like I've reached my potential as far this town is concerned. And the weather is @!%! haha

APLX2: Dope avi. Gob 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Jonathanchingy

You'll need alotta dough to do that kinda stuff.

Not a lot..
I did like ccobryan and put everything in a uhaul and moved to LA when I turned 18. Same thing, no place to stay. I slept in the uhaul for a couple nights and finally found an apt. The rest is history - - did a lot of learning and growing. I think it was good decision. 

I've actually applied at a couple places that I've flirted with going to, but I'd never leave the job I have for anything less

Originally Posted by SShanique

I've done it twice, and it has always worked out well for me. I plan on moving again now that I have my degree and starting a life somewhere. I just have to figure out where a good amount of eligible men are. Then I will settle there.

roll.gif

i really wanna move to Chicago...just wanna try everything i can while i have nothing holding me back...

only thing i can see myself really regretting in life is not packing up and moving while i have the chance

I'm seriously thinking about moving, I just have to find out where.

It'll probably be somewhere on the West Coast...

Originally Posted by SShanique

Where have you moved from and too?

moved from LA area to Atlanta, didn't work out to well ... Moved back and now live near San Diego ... It was nice to start fresh though

i would love to do this and move to a new country but i would need a job set up and a large amount of money
frown.gif

I wonder what it would be like to live in London or Austrailia. How would I learn the cultural differences and find a job with a US degree and stuff like that.

i've thought about this..either to cali or miami

i work with a dude that transferred from cali..he invited me to go in july for a week..im most likely gonna go and he said later on this year he's gonna move back and said if i wanted to go live out there we could stay in a apartment his parents own..said they'd rent it out to us..and i know i could transfer with my job..but cali's economic situation..idk

and i got a homeboy from miami thats moving back in the summer, he said i could get a place with im down there..but i'd have to find a new job..i stay in south carolina right now..so either one would be better than where im at now
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

Only thing keeping me here is finishing up my degree. Once i get it, i plan on getting the hell out of here.

Back
Top Bottom